Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well, since I was younger I have realized everything is relative and subjective. I am not used to draw conclusions easily, mainly because I struggle with this deeply ingrained belief. I dwell on paradoxes and contradictions. My personality is no exception. I think I have a severe Ti because I think I desire to understand life and humanity with pure objectivity and I consider myself analytical.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want quality life. I want to die happy and to enjoy life moments. I want to treasure those memories; they would help me to feel I have known completeness. I don't want to feel regret or remorse or repentance. I don't want to get stuck into situations, going back and back again to see what was missing there. That's why I want to make the better decisions or if I fail, I want to have time to recover.

I want to get as many chances as possible to forgive others, but mostly to feel reconciliation with myself. I want to share deep feelings with people around me. For example, crying. Shedding a tear with someone is magical. Mostly because you can form a strong connection with that person and because you can get in touch with your vulnerability, the pure human expression of all of your sorrow and your joy. And it's also a great chance to feel you have been going through a narrow and dark alley and therefore you can mend your heart and rectify your path. I want to remember humanity at its best. I don't want to stop being amazed by the grandiosity of life too. I want to follow the rules of my heart. I want to discover what's going on inside. I want to help people too, to inspire them to find something true for them.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel at my finest when I extract myself from life's tedious monotony and rush. When I have no perception of time. When I feel I have no worries. When I feel I could die there without problems. When I actually enjoy the moment and when I stop getting my head into the game, interfering with the harmony of life. It could be anything. An escape, alone or with loved ones. A dance. A meditation. A laugh with friends at a somber and quiet corner, away from the world. A conversation.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I get too anxious and when I start self-defeating me. When I feel emptiness of adventure or meaning or a lot of dissatisfaction. When I feel I'm doomed or condemned to a hideous life. When I long without the sugar coating of melancholy. When nobody's noticing my presence in a room when I want to be perceived. When people ignore me. When people treat me like a stupid guy. When I start to fear abandonment and when I do stupid things to recover things that are not lost. When I feel I'm forgotten. When I feel I'm losing life's precious moments because I fantasize a lot. When I feel guilty because I'm too self-centered, self-absorbed and demanding. When I cannot understand things. When I feel ambivalence to unimportant people. As I said before, when I feel regret, remorse or repentance.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I actually make more decisions that just affect me or some close ones. No big decisions really. But, I think mostly in how I feel about the decision and feeling about it involves what others could think or feel about it someway too. Sometimes I cannot figure out what do I like, but at the end I think I decide with that in mind. I do not analyze my decisions; I don't take a lot of factors into consideration. Sometimes I take decisions to avoid being asked for explanations or to avoid being a burden to others. I value my independence and self-sufficiency highly, that's why.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Yes, I want to have control of the outcome and I want to be aware of the process. If I am working with others, I want to keep abreast of what's going on, even if I am not the one taking the decisions or leading the team. At the end, the final result does not matters for me that much. If I show apathy against a project, it's difficult for me to stay focused in the process and therefore to have control of the outcome. So, it depends in how I feel. Sometimes, I get outbursts of anxiety and there, I start paying a lot of interest and attention to the process of a project, asking insistently what's going on and putting my hands into the smallest tasks possible, just to feel busy.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have a lot of fun if I am in the correct mood and there's a full scheduled plan going on, honestly. I have fun too when there's no one watching me and I can do whatever I want to, like singing and dancing or doing silly things, when I play with the things I have in my hands or I come across with. If there's no plan, I can be spontaneous if my step is followed. If we give ourselves in any situation, without thinking about the consequences or the shame or the utility of an activity, we can get a lot of fun. Anything that manages to make me forget about life complexity for the largest time possible, it's fun. I guess it would be fun if someday, from nowhere, I get into my car or into my feet and I just start running away to reflect about where I am going and to refresh my spirit.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I guess I am more prone to be hands on. Yes, theory is interesting, but only the theoretical funds of it. It makes us play with them to get a lot more of information from them. I don't know about other ones, but with math, my favorite subject, I have a lot of fun when I get into the exercises. I can visualize formulas and patterns later, but it's due to its experimentation that I get to understand them. It's like a game. Math is full of rules that must be observed carefully to have a result and we can reach a result from different starting points and with different methods. Definitely, I am more practical. Through practice I understand.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am neither unstructured nor tightly organized. I love keeping things in order, but I can live in chaos if I have other important things to do or to think about. I love categorizing things, but it's something I need to enjoy instead of doing it because I must. Order is fine, but when it's not strangling flexibility.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to understand its principles to see if they make sense. I also look for information to support it, but mostly it needs to feel fine.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I think I look more for the first than the second, without disregarding it. But again, it also gets me to find harmony because of the second. Making sure everyone is doing fine, including myself, it’s part of what I believe and what makes me ME. At the end, I do not feel bound to make sure I am being harmonious to my environment. I feel unrestrained by it.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think a lot about what I am going to say next, but I love to converse and to express and to communicate feelings, thoughts or ideas, but I prefer them one-on-one. I value intimacy with others a lot.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Sometimes I want to know where I am landing and sometimes I do not give a f--k. If it's promising, just hit me, I don't care about the results. Sometimes I am impulsive and I like it. But, yes, I care if there's a plan going on. If I am going to do some nothing, call me later, ok? xD If we're going to improvise, well, that's the plan. Like I said before, if you give yourself totally to an activity, it does not matter where exactly are we going and what exactly are we doing. And yes, action speaks more than words. Speaking is so cheap. It helps, but it's still cheap.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

If I am in the correct mood, I'll go with my friends. My show can wait actually. I think I would be more outgoing if people invite me more to (and if I did not feel bound to give explanations too).

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

It varies. Sometimes I have this apathetic expression and this I-don't-care-Do-what-you-want-Just-leave-me-alone-Let's-get-this-finished-right-now-I-want-to-go-elsewhere attitude. Sometimes I rush things up. I act bossy and pushy. Sometimes I do not make any complain or show any mow. In every case, my upper body (neck, back) tightens up and I get anxious and I can start wanting to arrange things in the room. I can procrastinate too.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Arrogance is my worst enemy in every format possible. Smart ass people, self-righteous people, pedantic people, elitist people, self-centered people. I admit I can behave like that and that doesn't make me feel proud. Invasive people annoy me too. People that compliment a lot, too nosy or too pretentious (showing interest in matters that do not concern them or that honestly do not care about). Superficiality also inerves me. Cruelty and critical personalities are a little bit abhorrent too. People demanding a lot, holding your breath and not letting you be are people I try to avoid. Maybe because I am restless too. I believe you cannot dislike in others what you don't feel shame in yourself firstly. Those are things I don't want to be identified with and I hope people were more tolerant aussi.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Do not get me wrong. I love small talk, mostly when we talk about our own world of jokes and ideas, even if they sound weird or exaggerated, or dramatic. But I prefer talking about complex perceptions of the world. My sin is to be so self-centered and self-absorbed sometimes I cannot stop wanting to talk about what's going on inside of me or what's going on with others in reference to me (how others perceive me and how others think about our relationship). I love talking too about how we feel about real things and what's our opinion in different matters. I get into philosophical mode readily.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Specific details and a lot of things related to the formality of the world. Measures are fine for work only, but not for life itself. Politics and paranoid suspicion are boring for me. I do not have a head for it. Cold information it's so overwhelming and unnecessary. If someone is going to tell me their achievements, they need to tell me how they felt about them and how much they struggled for them. The achievement is not the important part.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They say I am loyal and it's true. They say I am analytical, picky and perfectionist and it's true. They say I need to relax more and it's true. They say I am too anxious sometimes I cannot handle it and it's true. They say I'm pessimistic and emo and it's sometimes true. Responding this questionnaire was a font of enlightenment for me. I recognize I am really more optimistic and joyful than how I show it outside. I feel I lost something in the process of growing up. I lost the spice and the spark. :/ I think I am sensitive and that almost everything depends on the way I feel about it. I doubt people perceive me that sensitive honestly. My friends would never say I am dishonest. People would never say I'm an evil witch xD Oddly, people around me respect me and I appreciate it now. I wish I could arouse in others stronger and more intense feelings, but respect can be intense and strong in its very own way.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Difficult one. Sometimes I stop doing things because I'm not supported. I guess I would be going inside and outside of my home all day long. Some time to reflect, some time to party, some time to enjoy in my solitude, some time to share, some time to reveal something, some time to build something, some time to everything. If I want to do it, I'll feel unrestrained to go for it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I was thinking INFJ. Or more probably ISFP.

:shocked:

Reactions: NingenExp

·
Banned
748 Posts
Excusez-moi? ISTP?

"i have managed to free myself from everything surrounding me, everything except my mind"

"Philosopher"

INFJ for sure, and that is just your signature and not your posts, which suggest you are far from a Se-aux or Se-dom. Ni-Fe-Ti-Se. Dom-Ni can look like dom-Ti because of the analytical aspect.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Adriana, I originally had INFJ, possibly ISFP- then edited out INFJ. Now I edited it back in.

Reactions: Adriana

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least I know my functions. I don't know if this is Ni-Fe or simply Ti going crazy? I care a lot about how others could think or feel instead of knowing it naturally. For example, my parents are not giving my little sister permission to go to a party or with her male friends mostly, because they think she has been going out a lot and being with only guys is dangerous for her and I know it could be true and I understand their concern, my older sister is mostly seconding my parents' decision and she can be even adding more logs to the fire and I understand what could be the reason she's doing it, but I do not know it for sure (and it sounds horrible, and that also makes me believe I could be going completely wrong), and I also think how my little sister could be thinking or feeling about that much (I feel it like too much). I think she could be feeling restrained and therefore she could be not wanting to trust my parents a lot (to not feel that restrained), a situation that could be reinforcing this situation. And finally, what I think. Well, I think compared to other people, she is not going out that much and that my parents should be more trusting about her, but at the end, I think I could be going one way or the other when I think every one of them is true for each one of them, i.e. it's subjective and relative. I understand the concern of my parents that could be exaggerated, I understand the restrain that my sister could be suffering but for her benefit because she's growing up and she needs to grow up adequately and I understand my older sister antagonism that could be clouding her thoughts and finally I understand my inability to stand for any position in this situation. When somebody gives me a conflictive situation to stand for a position, the only thing I can do for it, it's to give them tons and tons of perspectives of the situation, how each side could think or feel in that situation and finally what do I think or feel of the situation, that struggles to bubble up to the surface, but at the end it can be interpreted like my opinion and not others' opinion affecting mine.

I hope it's understandable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts