• MBTI ISFP, other socionics type

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Heretic
10,660 Posts
Yay another random meaningless poll that tell us excactly nothing of value,
except to feed our already formed prejudices.
Count me in! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sheeesh. The reason for posting this poll is to see how much the j/p switch occurs between the MBTI and the socionics systems for introverts. I want to see if some introverted types are more affected by the j/p switch than others. For instance some MBTI ISTJs are socionics ISTjs (no j/p switch), some are socionics ISTps (j/p switch), and some are some entirely different socionics type. This is what I'm curious to find out more about. It's got nothing to do with prejudices, just how people happen to perceive themselves between the two systems.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
Sheeesh. The reason for posting this poll is to see how much the j/p switch occurs between the MBTI and the socionics systems for introverts. I want to see if some introverted types are more affected by the j/p switch than others. For instance some MBTI ISTJs are socionics ISTjs (no j/p switch), some are socionics ISTps (j/p switch), and some are some entirely different socionics type. This is what I'm curious to find out more about. It's got nothing to do with prejudices, just how people happen to perceive themselves between the two systems.
But is self-perfection always accurate? I'm of the idea that J/P switch must happen between the systems for introverts assuming they are correctly typed.

This correlation would therefore to me say more about how people's idea of type is flawed rather than whether it is accurate or meaningful in any type context outside of their own (in)ability to properly type themselves.

·
Heretic
10,660 Posts
Treat it as me just reacting to how I felt about the initial idea.
Nothing less nothing more.
I was in a very weird mood that day. ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts

This reminded me an old logical fallacy in Perc, made a quick caption :tongue:

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I like these polls. Thanks for setting them up!

Once they get more votes we'll have more evidence for how type conversions are working between MBTI and Socionics.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
The purpose of this thread is lost on me. Getting people's personal opinions on how they type themselves doesn't provide any useful information at all.
:p said like someone with real Te preference, only a gamma or delta would make such a sudden statement pointing out the lack of objective logic lol.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
The purpose of this thread is lost on me. Getting people's personal opinions on how they type themselves doesn't provide any useful information at all.
it supplies some data to critically examine claims of the kind "most of INTJs type as ESTp in socionics" :p

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
MBTI/Socionics statistics for ISxx type conversions for 23 voters:

17/23 (74%) have converted with a j/p flip (i.e. ISFP - ISFj)
4/23 (18%) have converted retaining j/p (i.e. ISFP - ISFp)
2/23 (8%) have converted into a different type (i.e. ISFP - some other type)

The stats for INxx types were:

36/60 (60%) have converted with a j/p flip (i.e. INFJ - INFp)
18/60 (30%) have converted retaining j/p (i.e. INFJ - INFj)
6/60 (10%) have converted into a different type (i.e. INFJ - some other type)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts