Personality Cafe banner

Which MBTI is most likely to have a hero complex?

• INTJ

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • INTP

• INFJ

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • ENFP

• INFP

• ESTJ

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • ESTP

• ISFP

• ESFP

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I doubt this has anything to do with MBTI. There isn't a general hero or hero complex stereotype.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Characters with a dominant feeling function. I'm thinking Eragon and Harry Potter but also I can imagine a guy ESFJ (ok and maybe an ENFJ) character as well. I'm sure they're examples but I can't think of one at the moment.

·
Forum Conspiracy Theorist
11,226 Posts
Are we talking about a person who WANTS to be a hero?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are we talking about a person who WANTS to be a hero?
I suppose that'd fit the definition of Hero Complex. The more technical definition is a compulsive desire to right wrongs. Some people in this category cause the situation so they can save the day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
ISFJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I suppose that'd fit the definition of Hero Complex. The more technical definition is a compulsive desire to right wrongs. Some people in this category cause the situation so they can save the day.
Googled hero complex definition and found

"The hero complex, also known as hero syndrome or superhero complex is an inherent desire to help others. It is a compulsion to help make the world right."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wednesday Mermaid

·
Registered
ENTJ 3w2-5w6-9w8 so/sp
1,183 Posts
I would say, that there are two types who have some kind of hero complex:

ENFJ: They want everyone to be happy and would give up everything they have to get a peaceful environment. I could really see them as heroes (although the more emotional, Sailor Moon like ones :p)

ExTJ: They are not necessarily all about helping people, peace and happiness, but the other part of the hero complex is "a compulsion to make the world right" which is basically what we try to do. However, ExTJs have the problem, that, if they aren't in touch with their feelings, their way of making the world right can be really subjective and potentially harmful to others.

·
Banned
50 Posts
infp too nice self sacrificing could die for all I care sensors got common sense n judgers won't care to waste such time for lovey Dovey shit

·
Registered
734 Posts
I doubt this has anything to do with MBTI. There isn't a general hero or hero complex stereotype.
I agree. I think this sort of thing has no connection to personality types; just simply a sense of self or environmental reasons or other things like major human figures in your life that you aspire to be like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts