Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
He is the angel of solitude and tears, and is said to preside over the deaths of kings.

He is often included in lists as being one of the seven archangels and often associated with the Seventh Heaven. In some cultures they say that he must fall in love with "The Righteous Man" and that he is one of the most rare angels to develop human emotions.
Taken from: Wikipedia

Cassiel seems like an INFP to me?

He is one of the most rare angels to develop human emotions.
I just see INFPs as the sort of type that would be like this— going against the norms— since they're dominant function is Fi, I guess?

·
Registered
83 Posts
What about ʾOpanniʾel? Possibly my favorite angel (maybe because of the weird description, following), from one of my favorite books 3 Enoch (a.k.a. Hebrew Enoch). In the Old Testament Pseudepigrapha.

Under [Michael, Gabriel, Šatqiʾel, Šahaqiʾel, Baradiʾel, Baraqiʾel, Sidriʾel, & Galgalliʾel, in charge of the 7 heavens & sun, respectively] is ʾOpanniʾel, the Prince, who is in charge of the globe of the moon.…and with him are 88 angels who make the moon’s globe run 354,000 parasangs every night, whenever the moon stands in the east at its turning point.…

Above [a long hierarchy of many other angels] is a prince, great, terrible, mighty, exalted, distinguished, dreaded, ancient, and strong. ʾOpanniʾel YHWH is his name. He has sixteen faces, four on each side, and 100 wings on each side. He has 8,766 eyes, corresponding to the number of hours in a year, 2,191 on each side. In each pair of eyes in each of his faces lightnings flash; from every eye torches blaze, and no one can look on them, for anyone who looks on them is at once consumed. The height of his body is a journey of 2,500 years; no eye can see it. No mouth can tell the mighty strength of his power, save only the King of kings of kings, the Holy One, blessed be he.

Why is his name called ʾOpanniʾel? Because he is appointed to tend the ophanim, and the ophanim are entrusted to his keeping. Every day he stands over them and tends them and beautifies them: he praises and arranges their running; he polishes their platforms; he adorns their compartments; he makes their turnings smooth, and cleans their seats. Early and late, day and night, he tends them, so as to increase their beauty, to magnify their majesty, and to make them swift in the praise of their Creator.
Maybe ISTP, because he’s a sort of mechanic?

And what about Śerapiʾel?

Above [Opanniʾel & those under him] is a prince, wonderful, noble, great, respected, mighty, lordly, a captain and a leader, glorified, honored, and beloved. He is all full of brightness; all full of praise and radiance; all full of splendor; all full of light; all full of beauty; all full of loveliness; all full of greatness and magnificence. His face is like the face of angels, and his body is like the body of eagles. His brilliance is like lightning. His appearance is like firebrands. His beauty like lightning flashes. His majesty like fiery coals. His adornments like hasmallim. His radiance like the light of the morning star. His image like the greater light. His height as the seven heavens. The light of his eyes like sevenfold light. The sapphire stone on his head is the size of the whole world and like the brilliance of the heaven themselves in clarity. His body is full of eyes like the stars of the heaven, beyond recKoning, without number, and each eye is like the morning star. Some of them are like the lesser light, some like the greater light. From his ankles to his knees they resemble stars of lightning. From his knees to his thighs, the morning star. From his thighs to his waist, the light of the moon. From his waist to his neck, the light of the sun. And from his neck to his forehead, unfading light. The crown on his head is radiant like the throne of glory, and the height of the crown is a journey of 502 years. There is no kind of radiance, no kind of splendor, no kind of light in the world which is not placed in that crown. Śerapiʾel is the name of that prince, and the name of the crown on his head is “Prince of Peace.” Why is his name called Śerapiʾel? Because he is in charge of the seraphim, and the seraphim of flame are commited to his care. He stands over them day and night and teaches them song, psalm, eulogy, might, and majesty, so that they might glorify their king with all manner of praise and sanctifying song. [ibid.]
So he’s a musical conductor. Is one likely to be an ESFP?

Are there any INTP angels? If so, how can you tell? Since I’m an INTP, I might like one of those best.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, Saint Michael The Archangel, from the Bible (and Catholic interpretations) always struck me as an ESTJ or ENTJ. Direct, does what needs to be done (his most famous artwork by Luca Giordano is a depiction of him striking down The Devil). Yet he aligns himself, and is loyal to God and is a 'spiritual warrior'. Is he a Ni-figure like Jesus Christ (INFJ), or a Si user like Mary, Mother Of Jesus (ISFJ)?

Raphael is a 'healer' and is absolutely loyal to God. Here I think you have an ESFJ angel and also cast Azazel out in the desert in the Book Of Enoch. He is also looked at for guidance. Very people orientated, moreso than Michael but share's traits such as loyalty and dedication.

Gabriel is all about communication. Now, where Raphael is an ESFJ- Gabriel is an ENFJ. ESFJ's tend to be draw on previous loyalties, ideas and connections as opposed to establishing new ones (ENFJ)

These three angels have depictions in Judaism and Islam, but I just focused on Catholic depictions because that's the one I'm more familiar with.

Anyway, Lucifer / The Devil. Always, always have him as an ISFP. Because The Devil wants you to focus on what feels good, what is tempting (Se) and to bring it to selfish, destructive levels (Fi). The Devil brings those out because he is representative of desire and sin. The 'fallen angel' imagery would appeal to more angsty Fi users. And the Book Of Revelation where The Devil takes a part in it is so lavish and extreme- dare I say that it's a vast, complex sensory experience.

Also, as an ISFP- not an angel, but I always like to imagine Mary Magdalene as one. She's a saint and fundamentally a good person so I don't think there is anything wrong with ISFPs. I just think there is a way, like all types they can go horribly wrong.

-

Thanks for asking this question- I enjoyed answering it! I have an interest in Christian theology, art and literature, especially to do with angels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts