Lil Wayne ENFP
OG Loc ENFP
Run (from Run DMC) ESTJ
DMC (from Run DMC) ISFP
Lupe Fiasco ENFP

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Oh come on. Nicki Minaj is definitely a rapper. You might not like her or think her talented but she writes her own lyrics and has been freestyling for years. Just because she also creates pop music and sings that doesn't NOT make her rapper. Nicki is also pretty well-respected by a lot of rappers too. Sorry just had to say it because I find it weird that someone would say that. She actually raps far more than she actually sings and she has always been in the 'game' from what I heard. The singing and rapping thing was something she took from Lil Kim.

Drake is a rapper too though I don't think he is necessarily a really good one. His songs can mesh rapping and singing together pretty well. Not that I know many Drake song. I wasn't aware there was an extensive criteria to fill in before being classified as a rapper. :frustrating: Rihanna and Beyonce, however, are definitely NOT rappers.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,370 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh come on. Nicki Minaj is definitely a rapper. You might not like her or think her talented but she writes her own lyrics and has been freestyling for years. Just because she also creates pop music and sings that doesn't NOT make her rapper. Nicki is also pretty well-respected by a lot of rappers too. Sorry just had to say it because I find it weird that someone would say that. She actually raps far more than she actually sings and she has always been in the 'game' from what I heard. The singing and rapping thing was something she took from Lil Kim.

Drake is a rapper too though I don't think he is necessarily a really good one. His songs can mesh rapping and singing together pretty well. Not that I know many Drake song. I wasn't aware there was an extensive criteria to fill in before being classified as a rapper. :frustrating: Rihanna and Beyonce, however, are definitely NOT rappers.
But they've had many collaborations with rappers, and are involved with the rap community, so I included them in my list

55 Posts
Ice Cube is INTJ

·
Registered
634 Posts
2Pac ISTP
I think you should take a look there.
Personality-DataBanK - Enneagram and MBTI typing site
(Ignore the troll comments)

And here.
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/tupac_shakur.html
I really want to remark this quote "I'm 23 years old. I might just be my mother's child, but in all reality, I'm everybody's child. Nobody raised me; I was raised in this society.", if this isn't Fe, nothing is. This was how he did approach his thug life, but, judging from earlier stages of his life, he was a poetic and dreamy artist whose influence where exaggerated, but at the same time that he was a strong influencer, he got his things back, getting shaped from the environmental connections, the fact of him "hugging" the Black community as it were him was crucial. He was, as he told, a reflection of the community.
As a fun fact, I'm not surprised he was a Bono's(U2) fan since they're similar in some ways.

My guess is that he was an ENFJ, a withdrawn and very sensitive one so I would say that he's actually a 4 on enneagram, even, his quotes are a real proof of it.

Reactions: Dora

·
Registered
INTJ
1,409 Posts
I listen to very little rap, but Jay Z seems like an INTJ and Kanye seems like an unhealthy ESFP

Reactions: Dora

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
I just came across this. Most mainstream rappers are NOT intuitives. Kind of cringeworthy to read some of these.

Reactions: leictreon and Ax

·
Registered
25 Posts
ESFP-A$AP Rocky, Joey Bada$$
ESTP-Danny Brown, G-Eazy, Desiigner
ISFP-Travis Scott, Mac Miller, Isaiah Rashad, Future, Partynextdoor
INFP- Earl Sweatshirt, Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Raury
ENTP-Childish Gambino, Lupe Fiasco, MF DOOM, Vince Staples
ENFP-Tyler The Creator, Chance The Rapper, Ab Soul
ISTP-Snoop Dogg, Pusha T, Schoolboy Q

xSFJ-Drake, Big Sean, J Cole
xNFP-Kendrick
ExTJ-Jay-Z

Would like to hear thoughts on these suggested typings

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I just came across this. Most mainstream rappers are NOT intuitives. Kind of cringeworthy to read some of these.
Rapping and rappers lifestyle are typically a SP territory.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Any thoughts about the nowadays so known xxxtentacion?

That's why non-SP rappers may appear as SPs.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Any thoughts about the nowadays so known xxxtentacion?

That's why non-SP rappers may appear as SPs.
Rapping seems like a skill more likely to be cultivated by Se and Ne users, as it's creative and thinking on the fly. While, SPs are more likely to be the target audience, and are more numerous than NPs. Also, rapper territory comes with standard Se domination and street cred.

Still, non SP rappers exist like Childish Gambino, who is ENTP. Either way, rapping is an art, especially freestyling. I just see Se users as more likely to want to develop that skill. Either way, a lot of factors involved, just want to make sure we aren't typing 100 rappers as INFJ.

Poor INFJs, there really aren't as many famous ones as they'd like to hope.

123 Posts
ESFP-A$AP Rocky, Joey Bada$$
ESTP-Danny Brown, G-Eazy, Desiigner
ISFP-Travis Scott, Mac Miller, Isaiah Rashad, Future, Partynextdoor
INFP- Earl Sweatshirt, Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Raury
ENTP-Childish Gambino, Lupe Fiasco, MF DOOM, Vince Staples
ENFP-Tyler The Creator, Chance The Rapper, Ab Soul
ISTP-Snoop Dogg, Pusha T, Schoolboy Q

xSFJ-Drake, Big Sean, J Cole

xNFP-Kendrick
ExTJ-Jay-Z

Would like to hear thoughts on these suggested typings
I doubt Cole , Pusha T , Q , Travis , Isaiah being an S . Earl is a T for definite imo. Cole and Pusha are INFJ imo , Q is a INTP so is Earl an INTP. Isaiah and Travis are INFP imo .

Kanye is a definite xNFP , I agree with you on INFP because in interviews he is usually out of his comfort zone and exhausted . Also , Kanye has social anxiety.
Jay-Z is not an extrovert at all , textbook INTJ . Kendrick ENFP

21 - 40 of 153 Posts