Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hope this hasn't been done before.

I came across this page about Star Trek and MBTI on another forum and most people agreed that it wasn't very accurate.
Myers Briggs and Star Trek

What do you think? Do you agree with those types? Do you have alternative suggestions? If you are of the same type as a character, do you think they are a good portrayal of your type? Do you identify with them?
Also, can you suggest the types of characters that are not listed on here?

As for me:
I'm an INTJ and for me there is no question that Picard is INTJ (with the occassional INTP-ish tendencies.. might just be a mature INTJ). I can identify with him 100%. He does seem a bit too articulate for an INTJ, but then it's a TV show and Patrick Stewart is a brilliant actor and learned the lines by heart.

Kirk = ENTP!!! I have no rational argument for it, except that he reminds me of some ENTPs I know IRL. ENTPs and ENFPs, what's your opinion?

Dr Crusher is listed as ISFJ on this site. I don't know... I saw her listed as INFP on another site and that seems to make more sense because she has very strong Fi values that she argues about. Any suggestions?

Odo is listed as ISTP on here along with Wesley Crusher. Odo is one of my favourity characters, but I'm not sure I know any ISTPs in real life. Is this accurate?

Dr McCoy = ESFJ I've never seen it this way but it makes sense. Can any (male) ESFJs confirm this?

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,707 Posts
Yes lets type tv-show character they don't get as stuck up as real people! XD

Kirk:
First impression ENTP.
Watches more vids...
Oh yeah ENTP!!!

Picard:
INTJ is a fair assesment.

Dr Crusher:
INFP for sure! XD

Odo:
Strikes me as an ISTJ.
My dad is an ISTP doesn't act anything near this.

Dr McCoy:
Yes ESFJ sums him up nicely! :)

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kirk feels very much like some kind of SP cowboy, ESFP or ESTP. McCoy, I think, is INFJ or ISFJ.

As for The Next Generation,

Picard: INTJ

Riker: ESFJ

Crusher: ENFJ

Troi: INFP

La Forge: ISTJ/ISFJ

Wesley: ENTJ

Data: ISTP (if any)

Worf: ISFJ/INFJ
Interesting. What makes you say Riker is ESFJ?
I'm re-watching TNG these days. In the majorly embarrasing and lame season 1 Riker seems a lot different than later on (when he's got the beard ;) ). He strikes me more as a T in season one, but he's totally different later.. sort of more caring and 'soft'. Mind you, my best friend is an ESFJ and she's delitghtfully cranky and bitchy most of the time :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Interesting. What makes you say Riker is ESFJ?
I'm re-watching TNG these days. In the majorly embarrasing and lame season 1 Riker seems a lot different than later on (when he's got the beard ;) ). He strikes me more as a T in season one, but he's totally different later.. sort of more caring and 'soft'. Mind you, my best friend is an ESFJ and she's delitghtfully cranky and bitchy most of the time :)
Extraversion feels obvious. He is also a good leader but show little interest in reform or change - SJ. And like you say, he has a caring and soft side too - F. Like you said, he was a thinker at the start but that way he was completely overshadowed by Picard so they had to make more contrast between the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts