Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I was just curious what some of the working dynamics are on here as far as their MBTI compared to their bosses at work.

I understand that many of your bosses may not have taken the MBTI, but if they have a strong personality at all it should be relatively easy to guess.

I'm an INFP while my boss is an ESTP. Overall, we definitely work well together (even though our types are very different), but there's definitely an element of unpredictability to her that can be both interesting and frustrating at times. Of course I'm not perfect either, at times I've definitely tried to do more than is necessary on certain projects and this hasn't always been a completely efficient approach.

·
Registered
10,018 Posts
My current boss is ESTP we get along well she has put my name in for 3 jobs within the company. I have a very easy communication with her. The only hiccup with her and I is maybe her immaturity. Overall though I am able to over look that because I have respect for her. Her immaturity slightly influences her meeting what I know is her full potential.

My previous boss was ENFJ we got along too well as friends (which is a work no no) and conflicting as boss/subordinate. Honestly she is one of my favorite people as a friend I have come across and met in my whole life. I think both of us are truly receptive friends to each other coming from opposing spectrums so we share and learn a lot mutually. She hands down has to be one of the most considerate and conscientious people I have ever met. Truly she is refreshing in that regard. Work wise I think we just had different emphasis. All I mean is I am task oriented first to meet the objective and group harmony second. She feels a lot better clearing the air and having group harmony to meet the objective getting to task after (this process was extremely excruciating for me). I am still friends with her, we spoke on the phone for 4 hours tonight which is crazy because outside my sister who lives in another state I can barely last on the phone with anyone that long. It's better I don't work with her because the friendship obstructed what was best for the actual work environment of the wellness center clients and other coworkers. In some ways she had a tendency to unintentionally give me better attention while on the other hand she also had a tendency to come down harder on me as well. This is precisely why I steer away from friendship in work places usually but I am glad I gained a friend in that case and left the job which was a fulfilling job but sort of a pit stop for me anyways.

Prior to her I worked under an ESTP male & an ESTJ I was extremely unhappy under those conditions. So the male basically half assed his job and pushed papers but despite being a manager did not actually manage his crew but tended to just let the ESTJ abuse her power. What bothered me was because I KNEW he was aware of her abuse of power but was just so negligent out of not caring to deal with anything. Irony is usually my larger complaint is with micromanagers. He was the other end of the spectrum. It was a truly toxic work environment. The other boss during this time an ENFP was super kind she and I quit the same time unified and half the staff followed us. Muahahaha

Prior to that was An ESFJ boss, her and I were total face off. She was the head nurse but I was the floor manager. Technically she was my boss but for sake of trying to explain I was the floor operations lead she was a paper pusher doping people up. She had no management experience or qualifications in her temperament. Flakey and flighty. She was horrendous the most blatantly unqualified boss I have ever had. Meetings consisted of having to listen to her talk about shopping and her ovulation schedule and then her pregnancy. She completely obstructed actual floor progress almost daily when she would march thru pretending to have a floor presence and usually getting half the clients names wrong. I was actually insubordinate with her after a certain point. Just blatantly ignored her counter productive idiotic instructions. Example break health laws by staging a photo with all the residents feet in a pool. Fucken idiot. No not going to force the staff to shift their labor and over load so you can stage an illegal publicity photo. :laughing: she went to complain about my refusal to HR and they scolded her for trying to enforce this liability. Uh dur. Omg she was sooooo fake. We very openly slammed each other with smiles on our faces. There were times I would just ask her to leave the floor because we were doing this thing called actually working. She was almost comparable to Michael from the offices character as far as out of touch.

Enfp she actually was extremely extremely kind and helped develop me into a floor manager. She did end up driving me batshit crazy after I started to develop into my own on my job and she always was so scattered. She really was an effective manager in many ways I always had high respect for her and appreciation. But man trying to follow her bread crumbs as a floor manager was frustrating. When your held to a standard and accountable for certain things but the person above you is so scattered in contradiction or scattered it gets a bit annoying.

Those were all bosses in last decade

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have no idea what she is, only that our conversations are either friendly or she's chewing me out. There is no in between. I hate that; it makes me really uncomfortable. Anyway, ESTP or ESTJ is my guess.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
My mbti is.. Stfu, and my boss is, well the higher one is esfp, that esfp boss really likes me. Hahahahaha. XD
Then my team lead, which i report to everyday, estj.
It's okay. I'm a girl and I'm cute so i really don't have problems with him. I just have to take my job a little serious. Like go to office on time, don't always go out.. Report if there's problem. Those basic shits.
Estjs aren't that bad at all. Actually everyone hates him haha. XD Because he's so strict. ;p
I actually feel sorry for my intj coworker.. Because my estj team lead is very hard on him.

Like my intj coworker actually finds it hard what to do with his work, and he's always asking questions to the estj.. The estj are like.. "what are you saying?!!"

Lol. XD

Probably Ni problems.. XD
Because the intj, actually based on my experience, overthink everything. Like there's one scenario..
1+1=2

Then the intj would ask questions why is it 1+1.. And so on and so forth.. XD

I think the estj got pissed off. Hahahahaha. Lols. XD

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
I also had an entj boss, healthy one.. Love him.

Then, en(f/t)p boss. Lolololololololololololololololol. XD he's so very childish lol. XD and whenever he explains, he explains it very abstractly. XD no one can really understand. So you'll just learn the system by your own. Well, his explanations are actually good, in a bigger picture. But we are fukin programmers. We need the more detailed picture. Lol. He's probably.. Hmmm.. He's.. Hmm.. I don't know what's his type.. He's actually kind but kind of misunderstood.. He's also kind to me.. Hehe.. Eventhough I'm not that kind to him. ;p

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
The most bitch user type. Would probably be an esfj boss.

She's a total fake. She looks kind, motherly figure. But shes a fukin FAKE. Probably an enfj, unhealthy kind. Whatever. She's a good fukin manipulator. The worst of all kind. She's a pig. she looks like a dirty pig. XD

Well, i did overtime, worked weekends, perfected 6months straight of not being absent just to get fukin promoted. (well for newly graduates, it's as if promotion is such a big deal)
Everyone got promoted except the three of us. One got exiled. Lol. Probably he's an enfp. Unhealthy kind. XD He's a woman manipulator. And he's not thinking his words too much, he just say what he feels lol that's why he's got exiled? XD what's the fukin term lol. XD

That's all

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm ENTJ. Good relationship with the finance director, a male ENFJ because he's friend with my dad. Sales Director, whom I've talked to briefly but haven't worked directly with, is female ESTJ. She's alright for the most part. Manager is ENFP; he's also alright. Supervisor is ESTP. I love him to death, and he also really likes me. We and 2 other colleagues went out for dinner and lunch a couple times until my internship was over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts