Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of a few quick questions to let people talk about how they think their Meyers Briggs Personality Type might tie into their Passions/Hobbies and/or Career(s).

I may answer these myself later, but I'm at work so I thought I would at least post them so everyone had a chance to respond. :)

1) What is your Meyers Briggs type?

2) What do you to to unwind/relax?

3) What hobbies or activities do you enjoy (may be the same or different from above)?

4) What is your current job/career (can include parenting and/or working from home)?

5) Do you feel your career just happened or do you feel you carefully planned it? Explain.

6) Do you believe there is a connection between your Meyers Briggs type and either your career path or one of your hobbies?

7) THIS IS FOR FUN. If you could live as any historical or fictional character, what character would that be and why?

I hope these are interesting/fun for folks. Enjoy!!

Registered
1. STP

2. Dance
Rollerblade
Quality time with my daughters.
Walk
Go for a Drive
Sit in warm weather and float on water
Sex or Masturbation
Feel Good Movie or a Thriller/Suspense Movie
Soak in the tub with a glass of wine and candles burning
Per C
A cigarette (my filthy habit)

3. Well I will not relist things I put above
Aside from above...
Photo & Video editing sometimes is fun
I like coordinating like as a job and it was actually just fun
I like scheduling like as far as staffing goes
I like working on or improving or implimenting quality of life plans
I genuinely like to lead in group exercises in ROM
I like to party and event plan

4. I do not have a career right now.
I have a decent job tho. I work in a wellness center as a physical therapy and activities aide. Basically what a physical therapist writes up for therapy I do after they have been assessed.

My other work experience is corporate photography and independent seasonal wedding photography
8 years to between the two.
Assisted Living Coordinator: Basically ran the daily onsite operations as far as staffing, schedules, nutrition/menu, staff tasks, activities/events, inventory and client supply while hosting lunch and hosting daily activities.
Patient Care Assistant/Trainer: General Care Aide, help with aide per care plan in tasks like getting dressed, eating, transfer, toilet, medical assist
Inventory Clerk

5. No. I just evolved into it all.
Although I always had an interest in photography even as a child never had any set path. It originally evolved because I photographer my kids portraits to save money on studio and had other people hire me to do their families etc so I went to some quicky classes and bought some equipment and grew from advertising and word of mouth. I averaged 20 weddings a spring summer season when I focused just on that. Honestly tho people still ask me to photograph them but I did stop advertising for a reason. I find bridezillas and most of the wedding crap boring. Same crap different day. Its quick way to make some extra dough so I do like 1 or 2 weddings a year still but no not into the needy brides asking me if their pics are done 4 days after their wedding. Lost its novelty.

Healthcare also just found me. Originally when I first started I just wanted a job to get out of the house because I was a stahm for so long. I had no clue how much I would appreciate the value in physically assisting other people. I never thought oh I want to help people or some generic crap prior. I do love it tho. Not the med end tho so no desire to be a nurse. I like being in cares, activities, rehabilitation, or directing work flow.

Currently I am studying communication studies but thats mainly because its the most generic degree which I have credits towards. I have passed up 3 Coordinator positions in the last year which would have paid decent because I wanted to prioritize school. Those positions in the short run would be nice for my wallet but thats the top without a degree and I already have that on my resume. Communication Studies is a decent generic degree to bargain with (alot of administrative health care staff have even more generic degrees) but basically my interest is in being a department or site director in hospitality, wellness/fitness/Spa, or geriatrics. I do not wish to be any executive I like being on site and being the mover and shaker of whats happening but I love putting it together. Anyways so after wellness a year is on my resume I will switch to hotel front desk and learn the ins and outs of that better while I continue degree likely leverage asst manager just to maintain that on thru but not reap burden of responsibility until i finish school.

6. Maybe a little most of my career experience and most of my credits pursued were done previous to mbti knowledge.

Funny tho just for shits and giggles I did take mbti thru the college and am meeting with someone to go over my results and run thru my credits intended major and job qualifications so I guess I will find out.

7. Eh

Registered
1) What is your Myers Briggs type?
I used to identify as ENTJ and INTJ based on both dichotomy and cognitive function testing online.
Lately, based on self-identification of cognitive function from my childhood, I identify as ENTP.

I enjoy surfing the internet about what I want to be, about anime, cook something new, shopping for everyday's food. Not much.

3) What hobbies or activities do you enjoy (may be the same or different from above)?
I enjoy the internet so much, lately I enjoy this personality forum a lot. I play games. I love sports and watching sports.

4) What is your current job/career (can include parenting and/or working from home)?
I study material engineering in master level.

5) Do you feel your career just happened or do you feel you carefully planned it? Explain.
To begin with, it's both expected and unexpected. Of course I plan a lot and I plan for several scenario at once. But sometimes, life happens as not covered in my several scenario.

6) Do you believe there is a connection between your Meyers Briggs type and either your career path or one of your hobbies?
I see that Myers-Briggs type might influence career path and hobby, but there are some other factors that also influence.

7) THIS IS FOR FUN. If you could live as any historical or fictional character, what character would that be and why?
I prefer to try a life of a royal blood, I think? Being the prince of a country would be interesting. Being king would be more difficult.

Registered

ENTP

Binge watch PLL on Netflix, make my best friend who's in love with me spend time with me/buy me food, hang out with my friends, go for day long road trips, go to the beach, see my sister/niece/nephew, take my dogs to the dog park/for a long walk etc.

All of the above. Plus some extreme sports/anything that gives an adrenaline rush.

Secretary/receptionist at a retirement village.

It's not my career. It's a job while I'm at uni. I got it because I walked in with my resume and applied. Got hired the same day without an interview and have now been there for 2.5 years, but I'll likely leave by the beginning of 2018 once I'm finished my degree.

I'm applying for grad programs in Feb/March with the Australian Federal Police and Defence Force, primarily, but also to several finance/banking/investment firms, pharmaceutical companies and ASIO.

Probably not. I don't think the police force/defence force/intelligence are something that NTPs tend to be interested in.

7) If you could live as any historical or fictional character, what character would that be and why?

Donna from Suits.

Registered
1) What is your Meyers Briggs type? INFP

2) What do you do to unwind/relax?
I listen to music, go to the movies, read, walk around the neighborhood or by the sea or in the woods or wherever I feel like going, play silly little games on my tablet.

3) What hobbies or activities do you enjoy (may be the same or different from above)? I generally tend to enjoy the activities I do to unwind/relax. I also started playing the ukulele recently, so that's something I enjoy at the moment. I've also signed up for a drawing/painting course, but I'm not an artist at all, so I'll wait and see if I actually enjoy it as much as I think I could.

4) What is your current job/career (can include parenting and/or working from home)? I just live my life. But I'm going into nursing soon, just because I can.

5) Do you feel your career just happened or do you feel you carefully planned it? Explain. Oh, it's planned alright. Extra carefully. I was bored, and I just can't escape feeling that everything I do should have a deeper meaning to me, I can't be a simple drone (unfortunately). I saw a lot of myself in this video -

6) Do you believe there is a connection between your Meyers Briggs type and either your career path or one of your hobbies? Sure there is. But I just do whatever I feel like doing, anything that feels right.

7) THIS IS FOR FUN. If you could live as any historical or fictional character, what character would that be and why? That's not really something that appeals to me, living as somebody other than myself. And besides, I'd definitely mess up the history...but maybe that's a good thing.

I'd like to be me Vol. 2, and have loads of fun adventures but always survive everything, or maybe have supernatural powers. At least I'd have some fun. Or I'd like to be God or Creator or whatever, Master of the Universe, so I'd be able to fix everything in this messed up world. Or maybe make it worse...

Registered

INFJ

Nap, take a shower or bath, go for a walk in nature, drool in front of the TV, read something.

I like Pilates, writing, ice skating, playing video games, (napping), watch TV or a movie, trail walking, bothering my few close friends now and then, critiquing commercials...... karaoke singing in traffic.... ya know... the usual.

Architectural Intern. My career is architecture. I want to become a Registered Architect. :)

Carefully planned. To become an architect you need to check off a lot of boxes that require education, time, money, tests, and selling your soul.

I'm not really sure actually if my type relates to my career path. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. There's a lot that goes on in architecture that I connect with, but a lot that I don't connect with. I know that INFJ's like to write. I'm on an RPG forum and write with other people. Currently have 15 characters. hahaha. I'm a nerd. A lot of my hobbies may seem INFJ-y... but I don't think too much on it.

If I had to choose, it would be Louise Blanchard Bethune, the first American woman who was classified as a professional architect. Making it big. Her first job was the Lafayette hotel in Buffalo, New York.

But i'd rather just live here, now, as me. :)

Banned
Type - INTJ

Relaxation - read or make social commentary via the nets. Walk in nature, listen to birds, watch dogs in the park doing silly things.

Activities - physical exercise, all forms I like a mix of strength, cardio, overall body conditioning, agility, flexibility. Writing. Communing ith nature spirits, practising magick (yes the woo kind).

Current career - still deciding, I packed up my previous one almost a year ago and decided to take a sabbatical.

Career planning - early career was carefully planned and executed. Then life happened, took several years off work and decided to go with the flow. Its pretty good that way.

Connection - I dont think my type influences what I am into so much as how I go about. For example, I love fitness but hate group classes, gyms and personal trainers. Much rather research, acquire equipment and embark on a regime myself experimenting with what gives me desired results and what doesnt.

Historical character? I honestly have no idea, that kind of thing doesnt interest me.

Registered
Type: ESFP

I unwind/relax by Dancing, jamming out to my car playlist, watching Netflix, grabbing coffee with friends, going on mini-adventures, taking a long, hot shower

Hobbies and activities - Writing stories, dance (ballroom, Irish stepdance, hip hop, tap), going to social events, binging episodes of Friends, swimming, climbing trees, working with kids, learning languages, jamming out, watching my favorite movies

Current Career - College student, studying elementary education

How I got here: I feel like it's too early in my life to say that I really planned anything, so far the path has already been paved ahead of me. I was a K-12 student, now I'm a college student. No really surprises there. Since eighth grade, I had always planned on eventually working with children as a career but I had never really planned on leaving California. Lo and behold here I am, having just escaped my first frigid New England winter to come home for Christmas break.

Connection I 100% think so. I always thought I had a diverse range of interests until a couple of months okay when I came to college and met some hardcore Ni friends who love talking about philosophical issues. They'd blurt out these long, thought-out theories about the inherent loneliness of the human race or the subjectivity of beauty and I'd just stare at them blankly until I could eek out some meager response so as not to be rude.

I also believe that my type has predisposed me to connect strongly with children and animals which why I want to become a kindergarten teacher. Most of the INTJ's I know have little tolerance for children whereas I am terrified of angsty, rebellious teenagers.

Character: I don't know if this really counts but it'd be pretty dope to be Judge Judy, I aspire to be as no-nonsense and unapologetic as her.

Registered
ESFJ

Drink wine and go on Pinterest (I know, I'm never allowed to talk about false stereotypes again, but it's true) :laughing:

Baking, cake decorating, crafts (scrap booking, writing sayings in fancy fonts, all kinds of things)

Office manager/paralegal at a social publisher

I planned to be an admin, I guess - took all the secretarial classes in high school. I always figured I'd only work for a few years before settling down and having kids (I always wanted to be a stay at home mom). When I started working, I discovered I liked it. I wanted to go into marketing at one time but my ex wouldn't let me go to school - I took one class, got an A, loved it, and he was like, "ok, you proved you can, now you can stop". Drifted into working for an attorney at one company and discovered I was good at it, so I eventually went back to school for an Associate's in Legal Studies. Inherited the job as Office Manager because my old boss wanted to give me some job security by giving me extra duties and then left, so I took over HR and got the Office Manager title. I love what I'm doing now, so it's been a drift, I guess, but it's always worked out.

Yes, my hobbies go without saying, and as far as the job, I do an office newsletter and we interview one person - some goofy questions (who would play you in a movie of your life) and one of them is "what is the best thing about your job". I did the first one and I said the best part is taking care of everyone. And I mean it - whether it's making sure no ones sitting in a draft or dealing with someone having a problem with their boss, I really like knowing I'm making people happy by what I'm doing.

I don't know about a historical or fictional character, but I always wanted to live in the 50's - I would have been a great 50's housewife! Ok, there would be some degree of misery, but nothing a few Manhattans before dinner couldn't take care of! :wink:

Banned

ENFP/ISTP (seriously.)

Simple. Just stay home, drink some wine 馃嵎 eat, watch a movie. Then take a long hot bath. Whew.

Hm. I like traveling a lot. Activities? I like martial arts and swimming. Anything new in particular.

IT programmer.

It just happened. Haha. I thought i would be an engineer. But yeah i actually became one, software engineer. Which is actually better. Haha. I didn't plan it, it's my third option. I intentionally fail my college entrance exam because i don't want to go to that college. But then, I'm just toooooooo intelligent that i still get on the waiting list and had accepted in my third choice of course which is IT. But then, it's fate. XD i had fun with IT. And i love programming a lot. So, im glad i tried to fail the exam.

Hmm. Yes. In my career, it connects with being ISTP. with hobbies, ENFP and some ISTP. XD

I don't know, i always wanted to be part of the survey corpse. Is my spelling right? On attack on titans. Haha. I feel like i wanna fight with the titans. No specific character indeed. XD i just wanna be part and just be my own character. XD

Registered
ISTJ.

Listen to music (usually rock and metal), post on forums/talk with Internet friends elsewhere, write.

Same as above, but I would include driving to the mix.

University student, majoring in accounting and minoring in mathematics.

I never planned for it, but I had a feeling I would go to college. Since I got great scholarships/financial aid, I did so. I like uncertainty so I had an undeclared major for a while, but one day I spontaneously decided that I should just choose a major and get it over with. Accounting seemed like the least torturous and most reasonable degree offered at my school, and since I kind of like math I thought it would be a fine minor.

No, not really. Sometimes my Si and Fi play into what kind of music I want to listen to, but other than that I don't think my type connects to my career path or hobbies.

I would like to be Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. She is always so happy and cheerful. Plus, Ponyville seems like an easy place in which to live.

Reactions: MetaphysicalOne

Registered
Meyers Briggs
ISTJ

Unwind/relax
Admire the beauty in the changing sky
Being amongst the clouds - literally
Quiet place to think

Activities you enjoy
Looking at the sky
Observing
Planning
Finding solutions
Management
Teaching
Ice skating

4&5
Had opportunities and built upon them.

Connection
Definitely

Historical or fictional character
I don't want to live as someone else and I don't like fiction.

Banned
No clue, though I'm leaning towards INFJ at the moment.

Listen to music, light a candle, take a hot shower, go outside and read/write, watch a good movie, and most of all, just lay down and let my mind wander.

Same as above but also drawing, painting, studying/researching a topic of interest and fully immersing myself in it, deep philosophical discussions, debates, hiking, longboard skateboarding, bike riding, weight lifting, puzzles, baking and cooking, going out to the movies and nice restaurants, extreme sports, and anything that seems fun.

I'm currently unemployed, though actively searching for a job. My most recent job was a research assistant for a non-profit organization in the neuroscience/neuropsychology lab. I have a MA in clinical psychology, though I'm planning on going back to school beginning in the summer of next year to study art history.

Well, as far as my pursuance of psychology goes, it was somewhat planned and otherwise spontaneous. During my freshman year of college, I took an intro to psychology class which prompted me to further my studies in the field. I continued on that path for some time, but ultimately lost interest which is why I am beginning study in another area that I am passionate about, art history.

I think that there is a correlation, yes. Do I think you can deduce career based on MBTI type? No. I think that my cognitive function preferences have led me to study that allows me to explore and dissect vast amounts of information, and to remain in a constant state of learning.

I'd rather just be myself, but the best version I can be.

Banned

INTP

Reading, researching (random escapades on wikipedia)

Reading, video games, researching, geography, anthropology, linguistics, genealogy

Still in uni but I'm pursuing being an ESL teacher and then transitioning into being a translator (one day I want to translate for the olympics)

Just happened. My dad tried coaxing me into the medical field and while it was plausible, it's not something I would enjoy for long. I wanted to travel and the only job you can get across the world is by teaching English/and or being a translator--and I also happened to develop a great appreciation for languages around this time--so I stuck with that instead.

ehh kinda. I don't think too much about it/care that much about it

Heinrich von Coudenhove-Kalergi because I'd like to know what it feels like to by multilingual in 16 languages, in addition to being a diplomat.

Registered
1) What is your Myers Briggs type? INFJ

2) What do you to to unwind/relax? Listen to music (when winding down I love anime osts or classical music, but I also love alternative rock), play the piano, draw in my sketchbook

3) What hobbies or activities do you enjoy (may be the same or different from above)? mostly same as above, love to play piano and listen to music, other than that love watching my favorite shows (whether thats anime or just shows on TV), watching my favorite youtube channels, etc.

4) What is your current job/career (can include parenting and/or working from home)? Currently in college, majoring in environmental engineering and minoring in physics

5) Do you feel your career just happened or do you feel you carefully planned it? Explain. I always knew I wanted to go to college, I mean for me I don't feel like there were many other options. Plus I got scholarships so that definitely helped.

6) Do you believe there is a connection between your Myers Briggs type and either your career path or one of your hobbies? hobbies maybe, I guess sometimes INFJ is associated with music or art, as for the engineering thing not really, I feel like that's more commonly associated with NTJs and NTPs

7) THIS IS FOR FUN. If you could live as any historical or fictional character, what character would that be and why? Buffy Summers because she is so strong-willed and she's pretty much a badass.

Registered
1) What is your Myers Briggs type?
INFJ

I pick up some toys and I mix them in my hands as if they are parts of a soup. I can do this for hours. I know, I sound like a mental retarded guy. But it is too enjoyable.

I like writing personal essays, on philosophy, politics, and maybe in the future also on quantum mechanics. I also like studying these arguments. Then there are the classic things like books, movies, comics, TV series and videogames.

I'm a student.

I planned it because I want to be a member of the middle class, I couldn't survive ad a farmer or a proletarian.

Yes, there is. I'm an intuitive, so I'm more inclined to do an intellectual job than a physical one. Of course, more prone to intellectual jobs doesn't mean "being a genius".
As for the hobbies, they are all intellectual things. In future times I could also go to the gym. It's a thing I always wanted to do to improve myself.

Historical: Plato, Marcus Aurelius
Fictional: Tyler Durdeen (He says things with which I agree), Forrest Gump (Sometimes people consider me stupid but I always do the best things and I distinguish myself), J.D. (I'm dreamy)

Registered
1) What is your Myers Briggs type? ENTP

2) What do you to to unwind/relax? Go out side and look at the stars or across the horizon and think about stuff

3) What hobbies or activities do you enjoy (may be the same or different from above)? Music playing in a band, Making or modifying mechanical or electronic stuff, Welding and pretty much a bit of everything

4) What is your current job/career (can include parenting and/or working from home)? Work in agriculture / Truck driving

5) Do you feel your career just happened or do you feel you carefully planned it? Explain. Grew up in a farming family. Tried other things that i didn't like went back to the farm.

6) Do you believe there is a connection between your Myers Briggs type and either your career path or one of your hobbies? Yeah the need to do different things to avoid boredom.

7) THIS IS FOR FUN. If you could live as any historical or fictional character, what character would that be and why? Don't know enough to say

Registered
Leaning ExTP

Watch TV, web browsing, listen to music, exercise, and hike.

Traveling, hiking, non-technical climbing

I work for a retail marketing company gathering marketing data and doing inventory audits.

It's not a career. It's a shit job I do so I'm not unemployed.

No.

Um...none.

Registered
entp

i like listening to classical music while reading a book/newspaper, making puzzles, reading wikipedia

listening to music in general, watching movies, going to the theatre/museums, learning things (like reading articles about interesting stuff or watching youtube history classes)

i'm a student

i don't think i like the same things as most entps, but i do think there's a lot of ne and ti in my hobbies

7) THIS IS FOR FUN. If you could live as any historical or fictional character, what character would that be and why?l
Ching Shih, she was a chinese pirate, she commanded a ton of pirate ships, she didn't have to dress like a man to do it, was really smart, had a better life than most pirates; lived longer, made more money, had more people at her command, and at the end of her life she just accepted a pardon from the dinasty and went away to a remote island with her lover and peacefully died there not hanged. also i love pirates and i would love to live in the pirate era whether it is in america or asia

Registered
INTJ

Video games, various series, low key also reading, social gatherings every once in a while

Cycling (I actually dont like it 30-50% of the time when it is boring af but I think I would enjoy more varied types such as mountain biking, no mountains here sadly), woodworking (would actually do this a lot more often but I have poor 10th century carpenter tools and small pieces of scrap wood so not many options)

University student, mechanical engineering, product development, production. I am reaching new levels of stress, self hatred (mostly the mental self, the adaptations to life in prehistoric times), suffering, existential understanding or the opposite of that as we speak

It kind of happened to me because as I read descriptions of the field they interested me and brought the feeling of "this could be my life purpose or at least the path to it". From there it was a few clicks

A good 30% of the people in my course are INTJs and the majority of the rest are on the Ni-Se axis.

I always hate these kinds of questions because I have to make up random shit out of nothing and that is the most abhorrent thing in my opinion. How do I do it? How do I write down "a character" if I have no thoughts? Fuck all that I hope I can subdue my programming and turn out to be something notable or at least not a wasted opportunity

1 - 20 of 21 Posts