Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the personality surveys such as the ones on " mypersonality.info " are, in a way, flawed?

I kinda feel that, since it directly states the options, we could be inclined the one we would rather be, even if we might not be that.
I took a personality test for school, and instead, it gave 2 different people with 2 different situtations. It described their thoughts, feelings, and actions. I kinda feel this is a more accurate way of discovering your true personality type since the answer is not staring you in the face. Of course, you could still answer how you would "want" to be, but it's less obvious.

What do you think?

And in case you're curious about that test, it was from this website.
Human eSources Home Page
I think you have to pay to take it though :(. Luckily, my school provided it, so I was given the opportunity to take it :)

Here is what I got. I took this test a year ago, so they probably changed.
(FYI. My results were still INFP, but they were a little different on the factors)

http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resultszx0.jpg

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
My results are always the same no matter what test I take, but on some of the online tests, I find myself having to be a little dishonest when responding to the T/F questions. This is because many of the tests ignore the fact that the F is a rational function, and instead ask questions that are condescending to F types. Such questions come across like this: "Do you make sound, rational decisions, or are you so wildly hyper-emotional and uncertain about your value system that you decide randomly according to your momentary moods." The wording of some questions makes it seem that the F is arbitrary instead of allowing for an organized process of judgment. This might indicate a bias toward the T preference on the part of those creating such tests, and I find myself hesitantly marking the F answers while rolling my eyes at the fact that the question gives no accurate option that describes how a true Feeler goes about making judgments.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I believe, as with any online test, they should be taken with a grain of salt. People only get the same results because tests of this nature with generally ask the same type of questions so of course the results will seem to be the tell all end all if you consistently get the same result. Online tests can hardly be called reliable and the results should not be used to define a portion a portion of yourself.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Such questions come across like this: "Do you make sound, rational decisions, or are you so wildly hyper-emotional and uncertain about your value system that you decide randomly according to your momentary moods." The wording of some questions makes it seem that the F is arbitrary instead of allowing for an organized process of judgment. This might indicate a bias toward the T preference on the part of those creating such tests, and I find myself hesitantly marking the F answers while rolling my eyes at the fact that the question gives no accurate option that describes how a true Feeler goes about making judgments.
LOL.. I really laugh out loud.. And its even harder for men to embrace the Feeler side and step away from the Logical-Macho-Man Thinker position.

·
Registered
687 Posts
mypersonality gave me an ENFP result whereas every other test I've taken has turned out INFP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts