Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now that you know that will yah stop saying "My mbti type is ___", "Well, the mbti theory says that ___" "I prefer mbti to socionics"?

Because you're referring to the test.

"My Myers Briggs type indicator type is ANBK." doesn't make sense does it? Well, I suppose you could be saying that your type according to the mbti is ANBK, but I doubt it since people saying things like "Well, the Myers Briggs type indicator theory says that ANBKs don't fart in their sleep as much as ENFPs" see? That doesn't makes sense (the first part of the sentence).

Just stop okay?

Thank you.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand what you are saying, but what do you think should we refer to the types as?

Well I mean if you say "I'm an ENTJ" that's completely acceptable. People will cop what you're talking about, especially if you say it around here, you know...obviously :laughing:. Here is where I noticed people saying shit like "mbti is the best personality type theory! Deeehhhh!" :wink:

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Because the typing system is known as "MBTI", regardless of what the letters stand for. The acronym has become the name.
You could say my "MB type" meaning "Myers-Brigg Type", but that may confuse people, as MBTI is the common way to refer to it. Even the official MBTI test uses that phrasing. Some people do call it their "Jungian type", but technically, they are not Jungian types, as Jung only wrote profiles of "pure" types (the dominant function).

It's sort of like "ATM machine" or "PIN number" - the word is included in the acronym, but the acronym has become a noun in itself, so that it's not redundant to anyone who is NOT anal retentive.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Oh no. MBTI grammar. Yikers.:crazy:

·
Registered
672 Posts
and only an ENTP would be brave enough to say it.:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts