Personality Cafe banner

Which function would you rather have in a fight?

• Ti

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Te

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Ne

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Ni

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Fe

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Fi

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Si

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Se

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fight to the death? Not really. I was going to do that but then I remembered the feeling types are still around and it would make them sad. Anyway, I've been put in charge of creating polls for the site, and I wanted my first three to be good. I've came up with the idea to have, for the first three weeks, a Street Fight amongst all types, functions, and functions combination. It's a tournament of sorts, and this will is how it will go down.

First the Functions, and this will be the poll of the week. Which function do you believe will benefit you the best. Don't vote for just your Functions put yourself into the position of other types. I want you to understand the functions so I will put them down below. Strength isn't everything in a fight, neither is intelligence. Each function has its own strength and it is your job to vote for the one that has the best.

Next weeks will be Function Combination. I will take the winning, plural, functions from this weeks poll and create different combinations of those winners in order for you to vote. Remember that these are combinations and that means multiple types. Which brings me to the final week of the poll. I will take the top two combinations and place the four types in a final battle to see which type will be the winner.

I will now provide an example with ENTP winning.:tongue:

First Poll:
Ne
Ti
Ni
Fi
Fe
Se

Second Poll:
Ne - Ti (ENTP - INTP)
Se - Ti (ESTP - ISTP)

Third Poll:
ENTP - Winner
ISTP - Second
INTP - Third
ESTP - Forth

I hope the poll sets up correctly :tongue:. If there is a problem like Se Ne Te Fe etc are chosen I will improvise.

Introverted Sensing

Sensory information is incorporated into a localized matrix area. The Introverted Sensor focuses on a specific aspect of an object and establishes highly localized connections to other objects within the matrix. This structure is perhaps the most dependent on a familiar and stable environment.

Extraverted Sensing

Overall sense impressions are integrated onto a wide matrix area. The Extraverted Sensor is acutely aware of the immediate physical environment and how it fits into the larger context. This type enjoys strong sensory stimuli and lives very much in the present.

Introverted Intuition

Dynamic processes are integrated within a highly localized matrix area. Introverted Intuition is mainly interested in the abstract principles that underlie a given event, not in the event itself. For this reason, this function often provides insight and understanding.

Extraverted Intuition

The motion component is integrated onto a wide matrix area. The Extraverted Intuitive will conceptualize process and pattern within the overall picture, and is immediately aware of all the possibilities suggested by a particular situation. The focus is always on future possibilities, rather than the present moment.

Introverted Feeling

This functions will establish holistic relationships spanning a wide matrix area. It gives deep meaning and significance to our perceptions and strives for a sense of harmony in the overall environment. Decisions are then based on personal values and ideals.

Extraverted Feeling

Extraverted Feeling builds a holistic web of connections within a localized matrix area. The function has strong awareness of social structure and may manifest as the drive to organize a family, community, school, etc. Extraverted Feelers are drawn to social institutions where they can bring order, harmony and cooperation.

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking establishes analytical and linear connections between our overall perceptions. It will build a web of specific and direct connections suggested by overall external elements. Introverted Thinkers are therefore not directly interested in the external situation, but rather on any understandings that it may provide.

Extraverted Thinking

Extraverted Thinking establishes linear connections within a localized matrix area. It brings order into specific aspects of life, and for this reason, an Extraverted Thinker will impose structure and order onto a particular organization or institution.

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let the fight begin.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I voted. I'll bet you can't guess what I picked. :tongue:

·
15,420 Posts
What would you change it to? I think Ti would have been my second pick, if I couldn't be Fi, because there has to be some kind of introverted judging process to make sure my priorities are appropriate.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ti was my choice.

Reactions: Vaan and Grey

·
15,420 Posts
I thought you'd pick Ne.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can see the usefulness of Ne but I think using my Ti is better in a fight.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems my poll is going to get interesting. Lance you better be ready to change some peoples votes.

Reactions: Hollow Man and Grey

·
15,420 Posts
Ne is very useful. It is actually my dominant process, despite my being an INFP instead of an ENFP. Apparently, my Ne is just slightly higher than my Fi, but I am a total recluse who gets overwhelmed by excessive human contact. I could have selected it, but I think Fi is the most important of all possible processes. I only seem to get along with people who have enough Fi, regardless of what other processes they use along with it. In a "fight to the death," the Fi will go to extreme lengths to defend what is right, and will fight ethically if the value system has a stable foundation.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This however is not about getting along. You're in a fight .... and you'd rather have Fi?

·
15,420 Posts
Yes, because it is better to fight kindly, and to be willing to sacrifice yourself for what is right, than it is to have any other qualities. If good is to win, a person has to know what "good" even means.

Reactions: MonieJ

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, because it is better to fight kindly, and to be willing to sacrifice yourself for what is right, than it is to have any other qualities. If good is to win, a person has to know what "good" even means.
Good and Evil are just made up concepts to keep people in line. One persons good is another persons evil. You'd be the first person to die in a fight. The other types do not fight "kindly" as you put it but they could be fighting for what they believe is good. In this sense I'll pose another question to you. If you were fighting for good, but you needed to win in order to be good, yet you were going against people who didn't fight "nice". What function would you use?

·
15,420 Posts
I'd rather lose while maintaining my integrity than fight dirty. Sorry. I'd still pick Fi. The truth will prevail, and no matter how much of a jerk someone is, if what they believe is not right, the victory they win through cruelty will never have the power of an actual moral victory. I believe in good and evil. They are not imaginary.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd rather lose while maintaining my integrity than fight dirty. Sorry. I'd still pick Fi. The truth will prevail, and no matter how much of a jerk someone is, if what they believe is not right, the victory they win through cruelty will never have the power of an actual moral victory. I believe in good and evil. They are not imaginary.
I already posed the question who is to decide what is right? Hitler believed he was right, I don't believe he was but I would never say that to him it wasn't right. It really just depends on the person. I never said anyone was fighting dirty I just said they would not fight kindly. They would hit hard because it is a fight and not a friendly get together. You'd loose and that makes your vote null in less you can tell me how you would be able to win with it.

"Making a feeler think is like trying to make a brick wall.....think."

Reactions: Lady Lullaby

·
15,420 Posts
I already posed the question who is to decide what is right? Hitler believed he was right, I don't believe he was but I would never say that to him it wasn't right. It really just depends on the person. I never said anyone was fighting dirty I just said they would not fight kindly. They would hit hard because it is a fight and not a friendly get together. You'd loose and that makes your vote null in less you can tell me how you would be able to win with it.

"Making a feeler think is like trying to make a brick wall.....think."
If an Fi value system has a solid foundation based on objective morality rather than personal prejudices, it can be powerful. Morality does not "depend on the person." It is merely our perception of it that is subjective, and some perceive it less clearly than others. Hitler was wrong because he acted unlovingly. Any act against love is immoral, especially if it uses inauthentic means to achieve its ends. Do you feel that fighting unkindly is somehow different from fighting dirty? There is no reason to sacrifice tact if the truth can be expressed without the necessity for verbal brutality. I would not willingly participate in a fight that became hostile, threatening, involved personal attacks, or became focused more on anger than on ideas. Nobody has to be personally invalidated if everyone is honestly, cooperatively seeking truth. Isn't that the goal of argument?

Reactions: alujna

·
Registered
230 Posts
Uhm, i don't think that the mbti-functions in such a fight would be the most important thing. More important is to have knowledge of fighting (like practising a martial art), having the right intentions (knowing exactly what you want in that fight and what is at stake).

Ogion

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Uhm, i don't think that the mbti-functions in such a fight would be the most important thing. More important is to have knowledge of fighting (like practising a martial art), having the right intentions (knowing exactly what you want in that fight and what is at stake).

Ogion[/QUOTE

Ti

·
15,420 Posts
Oh, it's a physical battle? I thought it was something more mature.

Reactions: white-knuckle
1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.