Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"MBTI Time Travel": Male INTP & Female ENTP Siblings (as very young children)

[video=youtube;IVPEUMmmw6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVPEUMmmw6w%5B/video%5D"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVPEUMmmw6w[/video[/video]

From the description box: "As far as I know there aren't any other videos on YouTube yet for people interested in studying an INTP or ENTP as a very young child, so here yeh go...

Ages: 18 month-old (INTP) and 3 ½ year-old (ENTP).

**DISCUSSION QUESTION** 1. How early in someone's development is it possible to do a Jungian cognitive function analysis on them/guess their personality type accurately?"

[HR][/HR]
Do you like this concept? Do any of you have early childhood footage of yourselves that you can upload?

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
This made me implode with teh cutes.

Hard to say, though. So many factors. l did see some home video of me with a cousin about a year younger who l'd guess now as ISFJ, we were about 2 and 3.

l was MUCH more aggressive than she was and pretty energetic like your sister, kind of dominant but l don't see myself that way now :blushed:

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
I personally think that the dominate functions don't fully form until the late 20s but show signs of themselves as early as teen years. Inferior functions might take as late as 40+ to develop.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I personally think that the dominate functions don't fully form until the late 20s but show signs of themselves as early as teen years. Inferior functions might take as late as 40+ to develop.
I think my dominant function was pretty obvious when I was a little kid, as young as five or so or maybe younger. I spent a lot of time questioning everything, thought emotions were fake, wanted everything explained to me in great detail, including how to ride a bike, and read books all the time. Or I sat in a corner when I was around a bunch of people and did nothing but think. I have a fairly clear memory going back to around four years old, because I can remember my thoughts in connection to things.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
When I was around 6 my Ti was incredibly apparent and so was my Ne. My brother is about a week away from being 8 and its entirely obvious to me that he uses Ti and Se as his main two. Its hard to tell about the other functions, but his use of S is heavily apparent. He has an apparent love of math and is incredibly good at it. I know he uses Ti because he often questions rules and laws, but he doesn't really use Ne that much because most of his ideas seem to be grounded in reality.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
When I was around 6 my Ti was incredibly apparent and so was my Ne. My brother is about a week away from being 8 and its entirely obvious to me that he uses Ti and Se as his main two. Its hard to tell about the other functions, but his use of S is heavily apparent.
One of my nine year old siblings is quite obviously an intuitive. No sure whether she's a thinker or feeler yet, but she comes into the room the other day and is all, "Did you know that the only time that can ever exist is the present?" And then she goes on to theorize about what perfect is in the same conversation. Who else but an intuitive would be thinking about those types of things at age nine? Or once when she's all, "You have a crush on him don't you?" and I'm thinking what did I do to clue her into that? She's pretty perceptive. Not sure about my six-year old brother yet. The sort of conversations I have with him go along the lines of: Me, "What are you doing?" Him, "I'm doing push-ups so I can get strong and fight bullies." He does better push-ups than I do to be perfectly honest. Or him, "I'm going to go to do my chores, because doing my chores makes me strong!" That's literally exactly what he told me. I think he's a type eight. Anyways, I just got way side tracked.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts