Personality Cafe banner

MBTI Types and Dating

186K views 495 replies 385 participants last post by  NeoHaven 
#1 ·
I found this cute infographic showing the MBTI types and how they act in the dating scene. Do you agree with the information listed for your type? Discuss! :happy:

NTs - The Pragmatists

SJs - The Patriarchs

SPs - The Originators

NFs - The Optimists

Career Assessment Site: A Clear Path for the Future

See less See more
#5 ·
Definitely can't take any of them seriously. ISFP one does not describe me whatsoever. That's a hell of a lot of sexual desire vs being 'loveable' or 'romantic' for me, personally. But then again, a lot of the things on the graphs and info don't correlate with types at all. I like the title "The Chameleon", but that's about it. Also, the INTP description... lol.. they like to please people? That seems pretty off... but whatever. It's a pleasing graph to look at, I guess. But that's about it.

#6 ·
Definitely can't take any of them seriously. ISFP one does not describe me whatsoever. That's a hell of a lot of sexual desire vs being 'loveable' or 'romantic' for me, personally. But then again, a lot of the things on the graphs and info don't correlate with types at all. I like the title "The Chameleon", but that's about it. Also, the INTP description... lol.. they like to please people? That seems pretty off... but whatever. It's a pleasing graph to look at, I guess. But that's about it.

#16 ·
what is romantic?

esfp to me is the quintessential sexual person.

i'm entp. some of it works, some does not. I actually think I'm romantic if you consider Don Quixote romantic.

#20 ·
-oh and I don't agree, lost faith in science when I saw the zodiac info posted.
To me, MBTI is on pretty much the same level as astrology anyways so I was just amused reading this.

Reactions: psychgirl95
#23 ·
Church in the INFP's ideal date activities pissed me off. Are atheist INFPs such a rare thing? Ask me out to go to church together, all you'll get is a red cross on your name. Next on the list, please!

(This is not meant to criticize believers, by any means. If you are a believer, just think how happy you'd be to be stereotyped as someone who's perfect date is an atheist debate or something like that).

x

#25 ·
So the ENTJ, ENTP, ISFP, ESTP and ISTP are the horndogs of the MBTI. That doesn't surprise me to tell you the truth. I'm not buying the zodiac compatibility though.

I HATE the INFP "churchy-religious" stereotype. Just because we're committed to our beliefs doesn't mean we all believe in the same thing.

Don't you have to get ready for church soon? I'm having a party I need to be the life of. :p /dumbstereotypes

#31 ·
There are studies showing which types are likely to have casual encounters. They possessive the traits.

"extraverted, disagreeable and not conscientious. In short, a person who:

is gregarious and highly social, and…
lacks concern for others, and…
loves to be impulsive and spontaneous, and…
isn’t striving to achieve…
"

Sounds like extroverted perceivers.
Which Personalities Are Best For Relationships? * Hooking Up Smart : Hooking Up Smart

#39 ·
I'd think long-term planners like ENTJs would be more interested in long-term relationships than casual sexual encounters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.