Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
I hate when they try to blend Myers-Briggs with astrology. The former has psychological backing, the latter is utter pseudoscientific bullshit. Don't try to tell me that I shouldn't date people born at certain times of the year.
Except for Scorpios cause they suck <insert rim-shot>

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd think long-term planners like ENTJs would be more interested in long-term relationships than casual sexual encounters.
If you just had both.
A speech from the devil needs evidence, but no matter what evidence you'ld give me. I know better and its not good. Its time for change

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,047 Posts
ENFPs looking for short term dating ? Don't know about that ! I always look for meaningful relationships over "just dating" (which I consider the most boring part) and from what I've read it's something a lot of ENFPs share.

Aside from that it does feel ok, you can tell the pictures are meant to be very general. Church best date activity confirmed.
I agree I look for long term relationships that are meaningful. My best date was a hike through a park, though I'm probably the girl that likes creativity. I do think dating is the part where you see if this person is going to be there for the long run. I need the ground I stand on to be steady and not a boat in a turbulent sea where I'm unsure of it's direction. Stability is always preferred but not at the expense of soul shattering romance. There for I need both = meaningful and long term relationship.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Romantic and sexual are about right. I think I'm a little less lovable, though. That's just me. All of the about me section seemed correct, as well. I don't think Zodiac signs dictate anything..

·
Registered
464 Posts
I’m probably late to the game, but nontheless I find the infographic ridiculous. Why would I put astro signs on my dating profile.
Also I'm not so sure if my selfconfidance is my biggest strengh. And we're not all professors and scientists!
Did not read any further profiles yet.
So in short: Not really funny to me, but I can see it beeing funny/intressting to others.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I thought the charts were cute. I wonder what myers briggs personality type the person who made them is.
I ignored the signs though. :p I just focused on reading the "biggest strength" section. I thought that was cool, and I can definitely see it in some people of those types. Everyone is different of course, so I don't think everyone even if they have the same mbti would always have the same strength, but I thought it was pretty good.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't know what the difference between "lovable," "romantic," and "sexual" is supposed to mean but no. As an INTP, everything here is wrong.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I thought the graphics were cute. :happy:

I've tested as INFP before and most of the description fits me, but I have to say that I don't think church is a good place to take me on a date. I could see inviting someone to a fun, casual church event if you met that person at church, but you can't just assume someone wants to go to anything at your church if you've never seen that person at your church before. From an INFP perspective, inviting a person on this kind of date without having some reason to think it would be okay could look like you're trying to make a person change deeply held internal values. If an INFP were religious, a more important or spiritual event at church (like a church service) would be considered inappropriate for a date since the INFP would be very focused on worship and not dating at that time. I hate the assumption that INFPs are all very religious. Even two of the career suggestions for an INFP assume that an INFP must be religious as a result of personality type. I've been religious at some points in my life, but I can have a problem fitting into an organized religion if I feel it's conflicting with my values in some way.

I do like the other suggested dates. In the beginning, I like dates that seem casual, low pressure, and allow me to talk to someone in a way that could help you get to know the other person better. I'm open to more serious romantic dates after I have gotten to know a person and more adventurous or fun dates at any time.

When I'm happy, I think that I generally come across as warm in a lovable way to most people. I gradually increase my romantic signals as I get to know a person well enough to start developing stronger romantic feelings and feel more secure that I won't be rejected. It takes me much longer to feel comfortable being sexual around a person.

The astrology stuff has no basis, but I do find it funny that I tested as INFP and am on the cusp of Virgo and Libra. My mom is a Scorpio, but I can get along with her fairly well when I'm not having some issue that would make it hard for me to get along with anyone.

ETA: Another factor for INFPs would be the cost of a date. I saw a graphic that INFPs have the lowest average salary of all the types. Expensive dates could make an INFP feel guilty if the INFP can't reciprocate in the same way.
Today, I was typed by an MBTI professional as an ENFP. I think I act in a fairly introverted way since I have had self-esteem issues since childhood that probably impacted my behaviors. I still think that I made a reasonable point about why church may not be a good date idea for an INFP since a lot of INFPs did seem to feel that they wouldn't want to be asked to go to church for a date. Feel free to discard whatever parts of my post don't apply to INFPs.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
The INTJ graphic is disturbingly accurate for me. Well, I'm not sure about the zodiac portion. The "Ideal Date Activity" sounds accurate for only the most casual of dates though (but still not that bad).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't really take these seriously. It's too specific for the generality of type found in MBTI - there's so much more to personality like the Big Five/SLOAN, enneatype, MMPI. However, I'm an INTJ and I can relate to the INTJ (as well as the INFJ one, as usual). I am definitely more sexual and less lovable, though, and I like outdoor dates.

It's accurate except for the Zodiac part.
Astrology is completely random anyway.

61 - 80 of 496 Posts