Personality Cafe banner

MBTI Types and Dating

186K views 495 replies 385 participants last post by  NeoHaven 
#1 ·
I found this cute infographic showing the MBTI types and how they act in the dating scene. Do you agree with the information listed for your type? Discuss! :happy:

NTs - The Pragmatists

SJs - The Patriarchs

SPs - The Originators

NFs - The Optimists

Career Assessment Site: A Clear Path for the Future

See less See more
#112 ·
The dating ideas for the INTP sound god awful, not gonna lie. (To me anyways. Not much of a game person, surprisingly. Okay, RISK is cool, but whatever).

I'd prefer someone who's willing to sit down and watch a documentary with me, and then proceed to talk to me about the documentary for the next 4 hours.

#113 ·
I stopped reading when I saw the Zodiac signs. Just, no.
That aside, I do agree with the left side of the picture and actually satisfied with their ideas. The game part can also be a bookstore date. I'm interested in listening to the other one's ideas and personal views through their favorite books and quotes from said books.

#117 ·
meh

#122 ·
INTJ. Way more romantic than listed and way more sexual!
Edit: Okay, not way more but still more.

Board games is something I'd do when I'm comfortable and in a relationship so then it's just a regular 'hang out'. If it's the first date, we're not playing board games. Trivia night reminds me of pubs.

#123 ·
Interesting comments. It appears the intuitives have taken the words in the info graphic rather literally, missing the bigger picture that is being implied.

Chess doesn't mean the literal game of chess, but similar games of logic that are played by individuals or small groups.

Similarly, church doesn't explicitly mean a church service with preaching and all, but means any type is similar social situation where values are shared and the opportunity to interact with others in age appropriate and smaller groups, is presented as part of the program.

As for ISTJ, it's not exactly me, but it is close enough to generate some ideas.

#125 ·
Interesting comments. It appears the intuitives have taken the words in the info graphic rather literally, missing the bigger picture that is being implied.

Chess doesn't mean the literal game of chess, but similar games of logic that are played by individuals or small groups.
That doesn't make sense to me. If it was a game of logic, why didn't it just say a logic game or a logic puzzle? Chess does get associated with INTJs, too, so I can see why people would take it literally. Although that is representative of the nickname INTJs get, "the strategists", chess is a strategy game and INTJs like strategy.

#126 ·
In my case, the ENFP ratio of romantic/sexual chart is the wrong way. I'm hardly romantic and more sexual. But it's a fun chart. Definitely would enjoy a dinner or a concert for a date :D

#128 ·
It would be cool if someone made an infographic about mbti and dating that was at least remotely accurate.

Reactions: chanteuse
#130 ·
I actually hate board games. I like to think outside the box. In real life, there's a certain amount of bending and breaking rules you can get away with. In board games, even chess, breaking a rule means disqualification. I don't mean bending/breaking rules in the anti-social or rebellious sense, but in an innovative and creative sense. I understand that board games do indeed take strategy, but it's so impractical and not a good representation of how real life works. It's also not as fun.

#133 ·
I realy don't reconize myself in the first figures...

Sex, Ok, but first I want to know what there is in her head, certainly not 65%... Romantic, even if i don't understand all the meaning of it, I like to play that (very well I was told) sometimes. But I see that as a tool to become happy to see the other happy.

And I don't care, I'm my most adequate matches as I'm virgo.

#134 ·
The MBTI is valuable to assess the core persona. In other words, the hard wired cognitive system located closest to the brain stem. As people go through life they learn and acquire complexity that can overrule those root functions but the most cohesive people I've met have managed to place themselves in environments where their core persona corroborates well with their experiences. Those people seem to be in sync where others are in perpetual conflict with their core being.

#140 ·
I do think infp's can be more romantic than infj's. There's just more idealistic/warm and fuzziness that goes on. Infp's may experience more innocence in love affairs.

I think the zodiac comparison chart is a little silly....There's so much more that goes into personality preference than just zodiac signs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.