Personality Cafe banner

MBTI Types and Dating

186K views 495 replies 385 participants last post by  NeoHaven 
#1 ·
I found this cute infographic showing the MBTI types and how they act in the dating scene. Do you agree with the information listed for your type? Discuss! :happy:

NTs - The Pragmatists

SJs - The Patriarchs

SPs - The Originators

NFs - The Optimists

Career Assessment Site: A Clear Path for the Future

See less See more
#451 ·
I mean mine seems pretty legit to be honest, all of it accept for the zodiac signs.

I'm a Taurus, and I'm actually quite good friends with someone born under the Cancer sign.

Either way I'm in between when it comes for ideal matches since I went with a Scorpio.

#454 ·
Lovable isn't well-explained in the infographic.

Idk, i can have commitment but in rare scenarios haha. And i don't go out and seek sexual encounters because i'm still very young in this society.

All the ESTP stuff are so expensive! Who has the money for the best restaurants, bars and night clubs? Well, i guess i do have a desire for them because i live in one of the most boring cities ever with the worst urban design (you'll die without a car) and absolutely no entertainment, and i so desire the city life.

I also desire money XD

#457 ·
I'm not sure if anyone asked this question but can someone define exactly what 'Loveable' means? Does it mean the most affectionate or the most lovable type as in the most desirable amongst all the types. Thanks in advance for the answers.

#461 ·
The graphic basically tells me to avoid myself which is too real and not what I signed up for.

The categories are so random btw. The optimists. Have you ever met an INFP?

Reactions: Fuu
#473 ·
ENTP. Most things are accurate for me - especially trying something new on dates and avoiding routines. I wouldn’t say I’m “seeking” casual sex, though. If I’ve broken up with someone within the last year and can’t be bothered with another relationship, then yeah. But that wears off eventually. It’s more like I’m open to the idea of casual sex. Not that I’m particularly looking for it.

I’ve seen a couple of people criticise the fact that they described INTPs as liking to make people happy INTPs can actually be quite charming people pleasers. In fact, most INTPs I’ve met have a desire to be liked by others and are liked by most people. .

Funny that both mine and my boyfriend list our zodiac signs as “ideal” for each other. Though I’m not sure why they’re lumping Zodiac in with MBTI.

#488 · (Edited)
INTP's have a unique cognitive function. Its hard to explain "passive" "dominance" but all those charts or sayings of which that people think the INTJ is mean--or the ENTJ is mean--no: they just aren't going to control the situation or attempt to guide the situation into better shape w/ perspective abilities. An INTP on the other hand will read the conscious and do everything that they can to relief someone who is suffering. Its a matter of clairvoyance in my fair opinion. Its nuero-linguistics... or a twist of words and perspective... and constant listen mode...

We are actually meaner--it just requires all perspectives to lead to one reason for us to hit that easy button which sets off the nuke. When it does--we're freakin sith lords...

Step 1) Be Nice...
Step 2) Be Nice...
Step 3) Destroy
Step 4) Destroy
Step 5) Destroy
Step 6) INTJ Jaw Drop.

#475 ·
Haha, looking through some of the posts here and I see a lot of people found theirs inaccurate ... and a lot of people hate astrology :,) Let people have fun, guys! It's just for fun!

I'm an ISFP and I don't know if it'd be accurate for others of my type, but it was pretty spot-on for me.

"I dislike disagreements and conflicts. Sometimes I can be emotionally distant and don't like jumping right into commitment. I like having fun and freedom." Loves shopping, looking for a casual sexual encounter or short-term dating ... Yeah, pretty much.

Interestingly, my best friend is a Leo and I tend to date Aquariuses (by chance, I don't just go out looking for them). So yeah, I didn't have a problem with the ISFP one. Cute infographic.

#478 · (Edited)
So true for me. I am an INTJ.

However ISTJ also describes me too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.