Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find the most fitting Pokemon (not Pokemon TYPES) for each MBTI type. I did most of them- let me know what you think, if you're a Pokemon fan.

INTJ
-Alakazam: A Pokémon that uses psychic power. It is highly intelligent and capable of instantly identifying its foe's weakness.
-Medicham: Through crushingly harsh yoga training, it gained the power to foretell its foe's actions.

INTP
-Slowking: It has incredible intellect and intuition. Whatever the situation, it remains calm and collected. It undertakes research every day to solve the mysteries of the world.

ENTJ
-Onix: Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokémon does not lose direction while it is tunneling. Burrows at high speed in search of food.
-Rapidash: Very competitive, this Pokémon will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it. It usually canters casually in the fields and plains. But once a Rapidash turns serious, its fiery manes flare and blaze as it gallops its way up to 150 mph.

ENTP
-

INFJ
-Lapras: Can read the minds of people. It can ferry people across the sea on its back. They have gentle hearts. Because they rarely fight, many have been caught. Their number has dwindled.
-Dragonite: It is said that this Pokémon constantly flies over the immense seas and rescues drowning people. Has intelligence on par with people.

INFP
-

ENFJ
Blissey senses sadness with its fluffy coat of fur. If it does so, this Pokémon will rush over to the sad person, however far they may be, to share an egg of happiness that brings a smile to any face.

ENFP
-

ISTJ
-Mr. Mime: An expert at miming. If interrupted while it is miming, it will slap around the offender with its broad hands.

ISTP
-Dodrio: The three heads express joy, sorrow and anger as they plan strategy together. When it sleeps, one head remains awake. Watch out if Dodrio's three heads are looking in three separate directions. It's a sure sign that it is on its guard. Don't go near this Pokémon if it's being wary - it may decide to peck you!

ESTJ
-Sceptile: Sceptile has seeds growing on its back. They are said to be bursting with nutrients that revitalize trees. This Pokémon raises the trees in a forest with loving care. It agilely leaps about the jungle and uses the sharp leaves on its arms to strike its prey.

ESTP
-Aggron: Aggron claims an entire mountain as its own territory. It mercilessly beats up anything that violates its environment. This Pokémon vigilantly patrols its territory at all times.

ISFJ
-

ISFP
-Kricketune: It crosses its knifelike arms in front of its chest when it cries. It can compose melodies ad lib.

ESFJ
-Kangaskan: Raises its young in its belly pouch. Won't run from any fight to keep its young protected. If it is safe, the young gets out of the belly pouch to play. The adult keeps a close eye on the youngster.

ESFP
-Ludicolo: Ludicolo begins dancing as soon as it hears cheerful, festive music. This Pokémon is said to appear when it hears the singing of children on hiking outings.
-Bellossom: When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's really cool. Maybe a fairy type like a Sylveon or something would work for INFP. That sounds pretty stereotypical, though.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I was trying to find the most fitting Pokemon (not Pokemon TYPES) for each MBTI type. I did most of them- let me know what you think, if you're a Pokemon fan.

INTJ
-Alakazam: A Pokémon that uses psychic power. It is highly intelligent and capable of instantly identifying its foe's weakness.
-Medicham: Through crushingly harsh yoga training, it gained the power to foretell its foe's actions.

INTP
-Slowking: It has incredible intellect and intuition. Whatever the situation, it remains calm and collected. It undertakes research every day to solve the mysteries of the world.

ENTJ
-Onix: Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokémon does not lose direction while it is tunneling. Burrows at high speed in search of food.
-Rapidash: Very competitive, this Pokémon will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it. It usually canters casually in the fields and plains. But once a Rapidash turns serious, its fiery manes flare and blaze as it gallops its way up to 150 mph.

ENTP
-

INFJ
-Lapras: Can read the minds of people. It can ferry people across the sea on its back. They have gentle hearts. Because they rarely fight, many have been caught. Their number has dwindled.
-Dragonite: It is said that this Pokémon constantly flies over the immense seas and rescues drowning people. Has intelligence on par with people.

INFP
-

ENFJ
Blissey senses sadness with its fluffy coat of fur. If it does so, this Pokémon will rush over to the sad person, however far they may be, to share an egg of happiness that brings a smile to any face.

ENFP
-

ISTJ
-Mr. Mime: An expert at miming. If interrupted while it is miming, it will slap around the offender with its broad hands.

ISTP
-Dodrio: The three heads express joy, sorrow and anger as they plan strategy together. When it sleeps, one head remains awake. Watch out if Dodrio's three heads are looking in three separate directions. It's a sure sign that it is on its guard. Don't go near this Pokémon if it's being wary - it may decide to peck you!

ESTJ
-Sceptile: Sceptile has seeds growing on its back. They are said to be bursting with nutrients that revitalize trees. This Pokémon raises the trees in a forest with loving care. It agilely leaps about the jungle and uses the sharp leaves on its arms to strike its prey.

ESTP
-Aggron: Aggron claims an entire mountain as its own territory. It mercilessly beats up anything that violates its environment. This Pokémon vigilantly patrols its territory at all times.

ISFJ
-

ISFP
-Kricketune: It crosses its knifelike arms in front of its chest when it cries. It can compose melodies ad lib.

ESFJ
-Kangaskan: Raises its young in its belly pouch. Won't run from any fight to keep its young protected. If it is safe, the young gets out of the belly pouch to play. The adult keeps a close eye on the youngster.

ESFP
-Ludicolo: Ludicolo begins dancing as soon as it hears cheerful, festive music. This Pokémon is said to appear when it hears the singing of children on hiking outings.
-Bellossom: When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.
While Alakazam is one of my favourite Pokemon, high intelligence is not an INTJ trait, nor an INTP trait. I feel like it is worth mentioning since I never see high intelligence being listed as a sensor trait, which would reinforce the bias against sensors. MBTI has nothing to do with intelligence.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While Alakazam is one of my favourite Pokemon, high intelligence is not an INTJ trait, nor an INTP trait. I feel like it is worth mentioning since I never see high intelligence being listed as a sensor trait, which would reinforce the bias against sensors. MBTI has nothing to do with intelligence.
Similarly, other Pokemon like Pikachu, Dragonite, Celfable etc are very smart, yet stereotype (Pokedex) refers to Alakazam as an intellect. Isn't that what MBTI does? Referring to NTs as the "intellects"? Haha, this would be extremely hard without using common conceptions as labels.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
INTP = Slowpoke.

“It’s assumed that Slowpoke is a stupid Pokèmon, but the truth is the complete opposite. Slowpoke is an omniscient creature, meaning that it knows everything that there is to know in the universe, which is what grants Slowpoke its psychic powers. However, the sheer amount of information being processed through Slowpoke’s brain leaves its body detached and borderline unresponsive the world around it.”

All of this is spot on, except nobody assumes INTPs are stupid.

INTP = Slowking. Fits well too.
In the movie "The Power of One", Slowking sits and calmly watches as the world is about to be destroyed. "One must not disturb the elements of Fire, Lighting and Ice" he sighs, sitting in a cave.

·
Registered
134 Posts
As an avid Pokemon fan since Gen I, I just have to take a shot at this myself...

INFJ:
-Gallade: A master of courtesy and swordsmanship, it fights using extending swords on its elbows. Because it can sense what its foe is thinking, its attacks burst out first, fast, and fierce.

INFP:
-Trevenant: Using its roots as a nervous system, it controls the trees in the forest. It's kind to the Pokémon that reside in its body. It can control trees at will. It will trap people who harm the forest, so they can never leave.

ISFP:
-Vaporeon: Found quietly resting by lake shores. Its cell structure is similar to water, so it can invisibly melt into water. It prefers beautiful shores. With cells similar to water molecules, it could melt in water. When Vaporeon's fins begin to vibrate, it is a sign that rain will come within a few hours.

ENTP:
-Gengar: Under a full moon, this Pokémon likes to mimic the shadows of people and laugh at their fright.

ESTJ:
-Tyranitar: Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack, so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies. Extremely strong, it can change the landscape. It has an insolent nature that makes it not care about others.

ENTJ:
-Bisharp: This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off. It leads a group of Pawniard. It battles to become the boss, but will be driven from the group if it loses.

Lapras seems more like ISFJ to me, having that "need to be needed" (ferrying people across the sea). And I don't think Mr. Mime seems very ISTJ. Agree with everyone else..sort f.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Legendary Pokemon by types:

ISFP: Palkia (Pokemon of Space)

INFP: Zekrom (Pokemon of ''Ideals'')

ENTJ: Dialga (Pokemon of Time)

ESTJ: Reshiram (Pokemon of ''truth'')

ESFP: Mew (Fun loving ''Original'' Pokemon)

INTJ: Mewtwo (Philosophical, tactical Pokemon, created by science)

ESFJ: Ho-oh (Protector of the sky, looking for a trainer pure of heart)

ISFJ: Lugia (Protector of the Ocean, at home deep underwater)

ISTJ: Zygarde (Pokemon of Order)

INFJ: Xerneas (Majestic, Pokemon of ''life'')

ESTP: Yveltal (Chaotic, Pokemon of ''death'')

ENTP: Deoxys (Adaptable, Alien Pokemon)

INTP: Genesect (Introverted, Robotic Bug Pokemon, also created by science)

ENFJ: Jirachi (Wish granting Pokemon, friendly and enjoys pleasing others)

ENTJ: Groundon (Realistic, Pokemon of the 'Land')

ENFP: Rayquaza ('Head in the clouds' Pokemon of the sky)

I could probably write more as to how they each fit, but I feel too lazy.

·
Registered
ESTp-SLE, ESTP, 7w8?
1,367 Posts
ESFP: Pikachu
ENFP: Mew
INTJ: Absol
ISTJ: Mewtwo
INFJ: Gardevior
INFP: Shaymin

That's about it, a couple I went by movie personas.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
So far, my favorite Pokemon on each person's chart is the ESTP. Except on the ones that don't have an ESTP Pokemon, my favorite is the ENTJ or INTJ. I guess that says a lot about the kind of people I'm attracted to.

·
Registered
134 Posts
From the Mystery Dungeon games (series where you play as a Pokemon, thus they all talk like humans/you can understand them):

Player Character: INFP
Partner: ESFP

Red/Blue
Gengar: ENTP
Alakazam: INTJ
Ninetales: INTJ
Xatu: INTP

Explorers of Time/Darkness
Wigglytuff: ESFJ
Grovyle: ESTJ
Chatot: ENTJ
Celebi: INFJ
Sunflora: ESFP

Gates to Infinity
Emolga: ESTP
Dunspace: ISFP
Virizion: INTJ
Espeon: INFJ
Umbreon: INTP
Hydreigon: ENFP

Reactions: Ghostsoul

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I was going to ask if we could all agree to just use the first 150 or at most 250... LOL After that it's pretty darn useless.

Reactions: The_Wanderer

·
Registered
761 Posts
J [U said:
Explorers of Time/Darkness[/U]
Wigglytuff: ESFJ
Grovyle: ESTJ
Chatot: ENTJ
Celebi: INFJ
Sunflora: ESFP
Mmmm...I'm not sure Grovyle is an ESTJ, same for Chatot. I'm pretty sure Chatot is an xSTJ, the combination of Te/Si-Ne is clearly shown through all the game. Chatot is practical and very detailed in his plans. He's kind of nervous about the future and looks back in his pasts experiences to find guidance or the knowledge he needs. He's also typically attached to his routines/traditions and needs to be gently pushed by Guildmaster.
However, Grovyle is hard to type. The first time I've played the game, I thought he was an ISxJ. But then, i realized he doesn't look back at all, not like Chatot does for any situations. I can see his Ni/Se combination. But I'm not sure if he uses Fe/Te or Te/Fi. Anyway, I'm playing the game again and I hope I can find out Grovyle's true type.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts