Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love both John Stewart and Stephen Colbert, but personally I'm more attracted to Colbert's sense of humor.

I was wondering what MBTI type you guys think John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are?
I googled for some answers and found that people had more trouble typing Stephen Colbert because he's always in character.

So, my question for you (wonderful INFJs) is:
1) What MBTI type is John Stewart?
2) What MBTI type is Stephen Colbert's Character?
3) What MBTI type is Stephen Colbert's true character?

I think I'm fairly bad at typing people... but if I had to guess...
John Stewart: INTP
Stephen Colbert Character: ENTP
Stephen Colbert True Character: ENFP

I'm really curious what you guys have to say =D If you need to watch a few clips of them on youtube, please do!

PS: I <3 Colbert.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So, my question for you (wonderful INFJs) is:

Although Stewart is not as 'out going' as Colbert's character, he still comes across to me as more extroverted than your average person. He has INFP (healer) tendencies to him, with his Restore Sanity Rally (attempting to unite a divided nation), but since I somewhat sense his extroverted way, I would conclude that he is an ENFP (champion).

Is it a characteristic of the ENFP to stick up for the downtrodden? I sense that INFJs do, but do ENFPs also?
I remember seeing Stewart openly challenge people like Jim Cramer, Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Reilly for being instigating and bullying. Just throwing that out there.

Hmmmm...I have a theory that his character is the opposite of his true character. :wink:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
You are very accurate on Stephen Colbert, who's an ENFP and reminds me of a friend. As for John Stewart, I'm pretty sure he's ENTP. He may appear reserved, but his mannerisms are like those of an ENTP. You are not as bad as you think at typing people.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Jon Stewart is not an ENTP, I think. If you watch him in interviews you can see him using Te and Ni. I think the reason so many people think he is an ENTP, is because he is the ENTP shadow, INTJ.

Watching his recent "Stephen Colbert: It Gets Better" message to the LGBT, I have to assume Colbert is an ESTJ. As much as I would like him to be an ENTP. =P

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
Stephen Colbert is an INFP
Jon Stewart is an INFJ
I know for a fact Stephen Colbert is an INFP, he had a brief MBTI segment almost two years ago and I took a picture of him (on my phone pointed to the TV) holding up his type on this sign. I bet it's on YouTube at the point.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I saw the same thing Renna, so that settles that.

I also find the Jon Stewart argument intriguing, I am fairly sure he is either an INTP or an ENTP. While he was incredibly articulate (unlike most INTP's) his show was also scripted giving him the opportunity to be articulate. Additionally, his mind constantly wandered like an INTP's sporadically through his monologues. Therefore I'm leaning towards INTP.

Though that may just be because I am an INTP and he is like my favorite person ever.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Colbert - ENFJ 9w8
Stewart - INFJ 9w8

There was a time when I was foolish and thought Stewart was ENTP. He isn’t. Sacha Baron Cohen is ENTP. Their thinking and personalities are completely different.

Also Colbert is not SJ enough, that would be Donald Trump or Bill O’Reilly.

Likewise, Colbert is not an INFP, Louis CK is an INFP - their personalities are completely different. Louis CK has an obvious “i am offended” by certain things, streak. And a very obvious value system at work, while, Colbert does not have that. Instead Colbert much like a Fe user, assimilates the values of others and groups, likewise, in his political ramblings against Trump, he assimilates the group values of the Left.

Colbert and Whitney Cummings have a similiar orientation. They’re all ENFJs, one is more masculine the other is feminine, but they share the same thinking process, mannerisms and their reactions to events are very much both, ENFJ 9w8s.

In the same vain, Rashida Jones and Stewart (INFJ) have the same mannerisms, and thinking process. One is more masculine and political than the other, but their personality is the same.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I know for a fact Stephen Colbert is an INFP, he had a brief MBTI segment almost two years ago and I took a picture of him (on my phone pointed to the TV) holding up his type on this sign. I bet it's on YouTube at the point.....
Sometimes questionnaires, however “offical” are wrong. especially the MBTI ones. I think the best way to come to a type would be to understand their thinking process itself and reactions to events.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
ENTP
TROLL
ENTP probably raised by INFP's (however he obviously uses Fe to connect in real time with his audience, unlike John Oliver who goes on personal rants (ENFP) so I think he is an ENTP with an INFP affinity :happy: )

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is, search YouTube for r36wnaSqJtw (the video #, I can't post the link because this is a new account).

INFP. Really funny segment too! Watch how he lights up when he gets the results, charming.

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
It is, search YouTube for r36wnaSqJtw (the video #, I can't post the link because this is a new account).

INFP. Really funny segment too! Watch how he lights up when he gets the results, charming.
He really does! you know exactly what I witnessed ^.^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts