Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this'd be a fun idea. If you've seen Kids React, this is the same thing but with MBTI types!

Basically, post a video, picture, story or whatever, and then think of how each MBTI type would react to it. Your own or anybody else's, it doesn't matter. I just think it'll be humorous to see how each type reacts to visual stimuli!

Feel free to post something new if you want, some things are easier to work with than others.

Lets start with this 1958 painting 'The Banquet' by Rene Magritte.

I'll start with my own type.
ISFP: Pretty... but the giant red dot ruins it.

(I hope this topic doesn't seem too weird. Forgive me if it does.)

Reactions: LotusBlossom

·
Registered
766 Posts
INTJ: Hmm...is it a floating ball? Or a hole? It's interesting how you can see the red in front of or behind the trees, depending on how you look at it... It might have been made by masking the dot right after applying the background color and painting over it, then removing the mask - so it is more likely a hole, showing what lies behind. A hole in reality itself. What is more real, more significant, the painting or the hole? Perceived reality, or whatever unknown forces lie behind?

Edit: Or maybe change that to simply "Hmm...interesting.". The rest is implicit.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I thought this'd be a fun idea. If you've seen Kids React, this is the same thing but with MBTI types!

Basically, post a video, picture, story or whatever, and then think of how each MBTI type would react to it. Your own or anybody else's, it doesn't matter. I just think it'll be humorous to see how each type reacts to visual stimuli!

Feel free to post something new if you want, some things are easier to work with than others.

Lets start with this 1958 painting 'The Banquet' by Rene Magritte.

I'll start with my own type.
ISFP: Pretty... but the giant red dot ruins it.

(I hope this topic doesn't seem too weird. Forgive me if it does.)
the red dot is creepy. it dominates the picture and takes focus away from everything else

·
Registered
224 Posts
What is the point of drawing that picture...there isn't anything useful about it and who cares...ISTP

Alright and now for those of u that have seen the "peanut butter jelly time" dance on u tube what do u think?

Reactions: Thalassa

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
xSFP: wtf is with the big red dot!? You have to admit (no, not really) it's distracting. Plus it makes the rest look drearier than it is. How to fix: remove dot, add contrast+saturation+sharpness and voila!

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
INTJ: Hmm...is it a floating ball? Or a hole? It's interesting how you can see the red in front of or behind the trees, depending on how you look at it... It might have been made by masking the dot right after applying the background color and painting over it, then removing the mask - so it is more likely a hole, showing what lies behind. A hole in reality itself.
ISTJ: pretty much this exactly.

·
Registered
856 Posts
INTP: Why is it called "The Banquet"? It has no relevance to banquets. Why couldn't he just name it as it is? The tree trunks aren't as good as the rest of the picture. As for the big red dot, I'm pretty convinced the painter just couldn't be bothered to finish it.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
ENFP: Interesting. The red dot reminds me of the sun. The way it is drawn reminds me of Japan... the red dot, now that I think about it more, is kind of like the flag of Japan... I read a book called Under the Blood Red Sun, it was very good. -starts feeling emotion from the book and applies it to the painting-

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
ISFP: "Is this an allegory for Japan or something?"

and this is before I read JuliaBell's post.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts

damn dot...
bach

still ISFP :D
Damn, I guess it's not on sale any more...

*I thought the only (personally) reasonable possibility was that it was an on sale sticker.*

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
... It needs the red dot. O_O It is empty without it.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Damn, I guess it's not on sale any more...

*I thought the only (personally) reasonable possibility was that it was an on sale sticker.*
oh i can still sell it to you!
just give me $3000 in cash and its yours!
thats a fraction of what its actually worth! :D

... It needs the red dot. O_O It is empty without it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
First thoughts:
There's a dot right in the middle there...is it actually a dot, or is it a perfect hole through the tree? What did the artist intend when he did that? If he painted it there, it must have had some intent or behind it because it is smack dab in the middle and doesn't fit with the rest of the picture. Your eye is immediately drawn to it, it's like it distracts you from everything else in the picture. Maybe that was his goal; to draw the eye to that point and create tension. It's a black hole, drawing your eye in..or rather, it's red.

After seeing it without the dot:
Without the dot...it just seems plain. Bring back the weird dot!

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's if the artist chose one circle to disregard some subject to
I don't know what to say..I do like the cameo of the sky via trees..It looks like an x-ray vision in some way, like if a circle of trees and everything past it, became glass
Hey, I kind of like it anyway

Oh..a type...maybe ENFP..INTP etc

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
INFJ: A sunrise? But it's in the trees. Floating ball, maybe? Kind of pretentious...

Reactions: Inky and Ayia

·
Registered
820 Posts
The red dot was put there to simply attract attention.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts