Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who I told to take the MBTI test. I guaranteed her she almost surely got ISFP.
Then, she takes it, and I say: what? And she says, I got ESTJ.
I cannot understand it. You cannot know how much we laughed about this. But besides calling her future right-wing voter, and those things (i don't get along with ESTJs, so I tell her that's a reason to stop being friends, kidding and all xD).
She's practically me, go on.
She's a biologist, and super scientific. I mean, she's an atheist, pro-choice and all. She loves doing crazy things and bein different from the rest, in fact one of the reasons why she likes my dressing ways is that I'm strange. She's super-leftist and all, and yeah, at times maybe she tries and has "common sense", but I don't see her as ESTJ. She's not concerned at all about rules, or regulations, traditions. In fact, one of her catchphrases would be that rules are made to be broken (she says that).

Why she got ESTJ? Damn, it's her opposite I think. She's no INFP, and maybe no N at all, but...ESTJ?
I know MBTI is not guided by little things I've said like the parties you vote and all, but I have a theory, and is that little things, you're driven to them becuase of more hidden thoughts...

·
Registered
249 Posts
The MBTI isn't always accurate and this can be for many reasons. It could be that your friend misunderstood some of the questions, or that she did the test in a hurry. Also, I find a lot of the questions to be very ambiguous. In fact, I've taken the test multiple times and gotten different results depending on my mood. I think it's even written in the MBTI package (the one that's included with your results if you take the official test) that the final authority on your type is you, not the test.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know what you mean, it's confusing. I got ESTP, though I have some ENTJ tendencies. This stuff is hard when lack of belief in God seems to be common in certain types. I believe in God, but I'm skeptical of those who take matters into their own hands and scare others by saying this and that is going to send you to hell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts