Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna go ahead and say that I personally do not understand the opposites-attract theory. People with Te in general usually have a knack for pissing me off or making me feel controlled, not to mention occasionally a human circus. I definitely don't feel this sense of needing them or being complete by them. Usually talking to them just leads to petty and lengthy arguments in which they do not even understand what i'm trying to say. I can't even imagine living with someone so different on a daily basis.

Now- with people who have Ne, I'm just like, "Woahh I love this, say more things." Any arguments I've had with people who have Ne have been resolved almost instantly, because of the perfect communication style and understanding. I do not doubt that the reason for this is because we share our most dominant function. And besides- who would you want to marry, someone who "completes you," or someone who understands your complete self? Someone who "balances your weaknesses," or someone who shares them and develops with you so you both become stronger people?

That's just my take on it. I can't tell you who to be attracted to, of course, or who you're best fit to love, this is mainly a personal rant from my own introspection. Perhaps if anything this will help alleviate the bias of who we're supposed to be with, treating it less like astrology and listening more to our inner dialogues.

Sorry for the long post. Here is a potato that looks both like a heart and Kim Kardashian's kardonkadoodle.

Yukon gold potato Potato Root vegetable Russet burbank potato Food

·
exploring space
10,419 Posts
Te is not an opposite for you since you use it yourself. I've found that Te people help me a lot in developing my own Te and at the end of the day we speak the same language, with just different priorities. It's much harder with Ti-Fe which are the real opposites of our types. But, it's not just about the functions. My INTJ ex was not as good for me romantically as my INTP current partner, because there are a lot more to relationships than MBTI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts