Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm an INTJ, I've spend too much time studying (quantum physics, computers,... and now - psychology). I never felt any deep relationship to a girl, but now, after I took the test about myself being an INTJ, it seems that ENFP can be my romantic match... so:

- how can I spot an ENFP? How can I start a conversation with her, without being unpolite?
- how can I test someone is ENFP? is there a match to chinese/european zodiac? Please share some hints!
- do you really like boys that can only talk science and fix your ideas?... because I live in an infinite abstract world...

Do you have this mix? extrovert fun, intelligent, delicate, feminine and ... beautyfull shape?

What do you naturally love to a guy that is a pure INTJ?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
is there a match to chinese/european zodiac?
Ugh. I don't think that has anything to do with it!

- do you really like boys that can only talk science and fix your ideas?... because I live in an infinite abstract world...
No, that sounds like hell to me! My ideas don't need ''fixing''. More like, someone to help make my dreams a reality and to encourage me to meet my goals. I hate being bossed around (or feeling controlled), and I couldn't give a toss about Science, unless it is talked about in a certain way (human development etc). I'm sure there's a lot more to you than that though...

Do you have this mix? extrovert fun, intelligent, delicate, feminine and ... beautyfull shape?
Half of those things have nothing to do with personality type. Everyone is an individual and should be treated as such. And what the heck does body shape have to do with personality type? I bet there is no connection!

I don't know, I might have some trouble spotting a real INTJ in real life, I'm not familiar with other types. I'm not even sure if I could spot another ENFP!

There are dozens of threads about how to spot an ENFP. Its not a good idea just to date someone based off type. Just be good friends with a large variety of girls, and eventually you will get really close and attracted to one, and theres a good chance she'll be an ENFP.

I made a list of fictional characters/real people that remind me of myself. I don't know if they are ENFPs, but maybe it will help you spot ENFPs in real life?

Here they are- Mel off Flight of the Concords, Sailor Moon, Stephanie Tanner off Full House, Pippi Long Stockings, Taylor Swift, Giselle from Enchanted, Rupunzel from Tangled, Tom off ''500 Days of Summer'', Dory off Finding Nemo and Helga from ''Hey Arnold''.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange feeling... after a first interaction with a certified ENFP.

It seems that you analyzed and corrected my first thoughts... Generally speaking, I feel that I can help others to reach their ideas, and sometime there is just a small fix is needed.... whatever...

I like building systems into my mind. Zodiac is one of them. But I use quantum physics, computers and psychology too, and I'm working for a bridge all together... nevermind... I will not stumble so easy for this project...

I'm too young for this forum, but too old for this nervous conversation that I never intended to be like... sorry for bothering you.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hello all,

I'm an INTJ, I've spend too much time studying (quantum physics, computers,... and now - psychology). I never felt any deep relationship to a girl, but now, after I took the test about myself being an INTJ, it seems that ENFP can be my romantic match... so:

- how can I spot an ENFP? How can I start a conversation with her, without being unpolite?
- how can I test someone is ENFP? is there a match to chinese/european zodiac? Please share some hints!

Hint: nope, personality type does not align to the zodiac or anything of the sort. Just attempt to see if they're dominant Ne with a preference towards Feeling. Also, I don't know about other ENFPs, but I like talking with people who are passionate about something. But if that person really is bent upon talking about nothing but their own interests and aren't willing to branch out (say, start looking at other things and possibilities, etc), I see it as that person confining themselves into a box.

Haha, to answer your question you asked in the title directly: No. ENFP is just a personality type. Somebody who happens to be ENFP could turn out to be a total jerk. You never know. Don't worry so much about what type to love. Find somebody extroverted, fun, intelligent, delicate, feminine, and beautiful in your eyes.

Pure INTJ says nothing to me other than a list of functions. If I were to love, it would not be based on personality type but on who the person really is.

Edit: Her's a bit of a side note that I happened to leave out. Welcome to PerC, @calintwf! ^_^ There are some young people around here so don't feel too alone in your young-ness. :) Also, I wanted to mention that tests aren't all that accurate, especially the free personality tests you can find on the internet. Getting into the cognitive functions is always a good idea. Also learning the distinctions between Jung's theory and MBTI is good to know.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Strange feeling... after a first interaction with a certified ENFP.
It seems that you analyzed and corrected my first thoughts...
I'm too young for this forum, but too old for this nervous conversation that I never intended to be like... sorry for bothering you.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. How old are you? I doubt you are too young. If you have a question, look for answers. Its the logical thing to do.

Generally speaking, I feel that I can help others to reach their ideas, and sometime there is just a small fix is needed.... whatever...
Well that's good...

I like building systems into my mind. Zodiac is one of them. But I use quantum physics, computers and psychology too, and I'm working for a bridge all together... never mind... I will not stumble so easy for this project...
We can build a bridge. I just don't think Zodiac is the best way to do that. You have no control over when your birthday is and I think Astrology is total bull anyway.

Its good that you have different interests. Hopefully you'll find an ENFP that likes the same things, if that's what you're looking for.

I like psychology too :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hello all,

You know type does matter to an extent, but it is wise not to date someone based solely on that.

INFPs enjoy INTJs too!
I have an INTJ friend so don't rule out any types. Find someone that works for you, not a type that does.

Reactions: chickydoda

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a new guy! Surprise: I can bring new stuff here too. Who said it is easy?
Look, I'm such a pure INTJ, so I've thought that naturally I can have a nice stand to any ENFP person...

About science: I am passionate first, but I also did my master degree in all these fields. Psychology is the last joy...

The zodiac has 720 types with many flavors. MBTI/socionics has 16... modern psychology has 5 flavors (OCEAN)... but none of then has a model of the individuality and interactions to others.

Why zodiac? they invested ~ 4000 years to develop it. MBTI?... 20 years. Cognitive science... ~ 60 years...
Come on, zodiac ....it is way to complex, but it is sold as crap by the media. I'm not talking about commercial zodiac stuff...

I know my INTJ side, also zodiac side. Believe me, the best romantic partner named by zodiac proved to be the best romantic attraction for my inner self (somehow closer to INFP)... but It seems that from both systems, something is missing. My social self is from another match. Long story short: I can operate better with both systems when I will get more details to bridge together: that's why I need booth to interact to a person.

About my loving side: I'm not that young, Once... my heart decided for me, but it was not enough. Be smart and read between the lines...

I just like... I intend... to interact to ENFP persons here to get a clue about real traits, also to evaluate my natural match to such
MBTI type individual. Interests? Come on, I have so large interests that It is hard for a girl to leave me out of topic. I will see what comes out...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Enfp's are often social, friendly, and weird :) But its a good kind of weird! At least, i hope so :/. Some of us can be rather quiet even though we're extroverts, however. We've been described as the most introverted extroverts. Like any personality type, there are different varieties of each, so there's not one type of enfp at all. I personally am not into scientific talk, but I do like talking about ideas. I dont think I know any intj's, so I can't really say anything about that

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
You'll meet one just by living. Not all INTJs are the same, either. I have a feeling you might enjoy ENTPs. :proud:

Reactions: NaughyChimp

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
xNTJ and ENFP tend to *click!*
I do think if you "found" one- they could potentially bring out your loving side. Since you likely have it hidden and the ENFP will be way more "out there" and comfortable with feelings and find it a challenge to help you with that. And both types tend to find the other's quirks adorable.

So like others said- not sure how you go out finding a certain type or if that is even the right approach- but wanted to address your first questions because I do agree that if all the other chemistry and attraction is there- this type combination can be quite interesting and awesome. :happy:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I bet you've met an ENFP before. We're not that rare.

There are so many "Where can I meet an ENFP!?" or "I need to meet an ENFP!" type threads (probably for other types too, but I will only speak to what I actually know), and it seems so silly to me because unless you live in a cave by yourself and never leave (and have never left), you probably know an ENFP. Sometimes I think an idea just gets built up (especially with the ENFP/INTJ supposed 'ideal' match dynamic) that meeting an ENFP (or, as ENFPs are guilty of it too, an INTJ) is going to change your life. And if your life hasn't felt really rocked by someone, you must not have ever met an ENFP (or INTJ). Because certainly meeting one would be a game-changer. It might, but meeting someone of any type could do that.

If you want to be loving and develop your loving side, go for it. Don't wait around for someone to do it for you. Spend time with people who have developed that part of themselves, if you wish, but ultimately it's going to come from you. If you're waiting for someone to come along and change you, you'll be left waiting for a good long while, maybe forever. And who wants to spend life waiting?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
@calintwf XD I have to say, my first response to reading this was "OMG it's a cute little INTJ!!!" My bf gave me a look and I read your post out loud. His reply: "If she rides in on a unicorn, she's an ENFP"

Attraction is not solely type based. Everyone has different preferences and different experiences....and there are variations of every type. What makes an ENFP an ENFP is being energized by ideas and possibilities and the driving desire to be genuine.

Engaging an ENFP is easy if you can trigger a topic that is Human, Interesting, Random, or Absurd.

Human: ENFPs love stories. People are like puzzles and anecdotes are the pieces. INTJs already have an advantage, being that you're already mysterious and intriguing. :p

Interesting: Pretty self-explanatory. Anything that qualifies as a debate topic falls in this category (just avoid politics and religion with meeting anyone new...actually, just stay within non-controversial topics early on).

Random: ENFPs collect useless trivia. Butterflies taste with their feet....that is a fact that I have no reason to know. You might get a blank stare, but that's not necessarily a bad sign.

Absurd: ENFP humor is all over the map, but what we tend to share with INTJs is an appreciation of the ridiculous.

Just remember: Relax and be yourself....and don't put any pressure on first meeting someone. All you want from a first meeting is a conversation, maybe a friendship. >.> Don't be scared of the dreaded "FRIEND ZONE!!!!" That place exists only because of girls who are too selfish or cowardly to just tell a guy they aren't interested and because of guys who think being nice is the same thing as being a doormat.

Reactions: hoom

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi, new here so I am just learning the lay of the land.

I am new to trying to harness the power of my type. I have always known that I was quirky, weird, fun-loving, and that I loved to be with people (though I know I need my downtime). Science....super cool. I am more of a "word-nerd" but I love to soak up information on everything. science channel, discovery channel and natgeo are some of my favorite things. THough I admit that I wish I had paid attention a little more in my physics and chemistry classes in hs/college. My language classes really hooked me...hahaha shocker.

As for meeting the right person, I like to think I get ppl and read them pretty well, though I am probably a sucky "typer" . It sounds like your analytical mind wants to figure out the situation and come to it with a plan, and zodiac or mb helps you organize your environment...nothing wrong with that. but given that some people are borderline/equal with some of the traits, you may miss out on a great relationship if you focus solely on what the intarwebs says is your type match. talk to lots of people and be unapologetic about wanting to meet ppl and have conversations....about whatever. what interests you, what interests her. Personally, I know that I just love it when someone comes up and starts talking. I kinda feel like I am always the conversation starter....even those awkward conversations I have with people usually end up being fun. be genuine and be willing to let a fun conversation just happen.

·
Banned
2,591 Posts
You know type does matter to an extent, but it is wise not to date someone based solely on that.

INFPs enjoy INTJs too!
I have an INTJ friend so don't rule out any types. Find someone that works for you, not a type that does.
Yes, don't forget INFPs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love you all for your positive attitude. Here are some more thoughts:

I can be popular and I start conversations easily in a group, I'm getting very extrovert like someone that is in "leo" sign, but inside I'm soo "cancer" so I keep a virtual barrier inside not to be hurt, disappointed or mixed to people that doesn't share my inner values.
For this reason I have a large group of social friends in - let's say - my "social courtyard", but almost none closer to my "romantic yard", because my filter is so strong that it was kinda impossible for a girl to pass all my inner criteria (extrovert fun but smart, emotionally abundant but stable, creative and open to science, art and stuff and not limited to any conversation but without flooding e with small talk, also nice looking and available for social friendship... and lately, maybe for more).

My long time experience into socializing was like from one with a kind of old mind into a young body, so I've collected more respect and openness... than romantic interest from girls.

Going deeper into this, my feeling was like I had two people inside: people attracted by half of me were rejected lately by the other half by objective criteria from my mind. The ideea of inner self and social self has come from this personal perception, and lately I've found the zodiac offering the same perspective. Should I say that MBTI has the same vision, but invested into a more logical and concise view? (maybe just speculations, it is just an out of topic thought).

I was inspired by those funny pictures of ENFP, being cute and smart, so representative for my inner model for a girl. This was the reason of starting this topic. I've noticed too that being an ENFP is not a standard match for any INTJ, so I'm thinking there are some more objective things that could allow to predict a match between two people, beyond MBTI system; for this reason I'm considering zodiac useful because it has 720 types (profiles, affinity/rejection) of individual from the beginning, not to count the ascendent and location of birth. This fine tuning could provide more predictive results, my 2c opinion.

As long as I'm writing these words I fell the touch inside talking with ENFP people here. Thank-you all again.

[PS. English is not my native language, I'm sorry for not being able to express my things into a more elaborated story.]

·
Registered
48 Posts
You have to open up to enfp for them to bring out the best in your feelings.

Reactions: GROUNDED_ONE

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
The zodiac has 720 types with many flavors. MBTI/socionics has 16... modern psychology has 5 flavors (OCEAN)... but none of then has a model of the individuality and interactions to others.

Why zodiac? they invested ~ 4000 years to develop it. MBTI?... 20 years. Cognitive science... ~ 60 years...
Come on, zodiac ....it is way to complex, but it is sold as crap by the media. I'm not talking about commercial zodiac stuff...
Ok, I'll bite. I'm an ENFP and also the year of the Rat. :proud:

Reactions: Le Beau Coeur
1 - 20 of 24 Posts