Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start this off because i need to write out my frustation, maybe Ijust need some advice or percpective. [HR][/HR]My parents are divorced since i was just a baby. Until I was 12 i lived one week with mom and next week with dad. Then i moved in with my mom . And started to visit dad only on the weekends. Then in my teenage I generally quit to visit him. By the way, he live in another city with "a new family". It could go months where we didn't speak to eachother. He have alcohol problems to, that's why my mom broke up with him. He has his good and bad days. She didnt wanted me to grow up with that. But he never understood that she did it for my best. Now I'm about 18 - 20 years old, and still lives with my mom. I haven´t been at my dad since the spring. And my siblings at dad, that he have with his "new" wife i really care about. But my dad and my stepmom are both as i think pretty stupid/ narrow.
They dont understand me at all, as my mom does. My mom is an ENFP. Don´t know what my dad's enegram type is. But anyhow... My dad always use my siblings against me, Like "They miss you so much, you make them disapointed." I would say he is manupilative in that way. Also when i was younger he tried to turn me against mom. I talked to him on the phone earlier today and we started to argue pretty fast. [HR][/HR]
I feel quite small and confused now.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
AND breathe... :)
Would you like a cuppa tea ?

Well, what is done is done. You got to assess how you feel about the current situation and try and let go of the past emotions as well. You have a right to feel angry or disappointed in him etc. It is all valid. It sounded like he is trying to make you see his siblings more. (And therefore can see you perhaps?)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts