Personality Cafe banner

what do you think is the meanest mbti type?

• ESTJ

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • ESTP

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 4.7%
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think is the meanest mbti type? I left out all the F types and maybe I should've left out all the I types as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm seeing people answer ESTJ and even though they are pretty rigid and scheduled and seem to be humourless, I know a couple pretty good and in my opinion, from my experience, they are big softies. they are very loyal to their friends, and if you want them to laugh, it seems dry humour is one of the main ways to go.
I also know that they like to discuss political/mainstream topics (ex. veganism. I'm being serious. I once had a lengthy discussion about vegans and people that go lactose-free without having lactose allergies with my ESTJ uncle. it was awesome.). if you want them to laugh, mention stupid arguments people have made during debates.
they can seem mean, but I think it is rarely intentional. the times they're "mean", I think they're simply being stubborn because they won't budge from the decision they've made their mind up, and set their heart, on. or they're trying to get you to follow through with your part in the plot they've scripted.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm seeing people answer ESTJ and even though they are pretty rigid and scheduled and seem to be humourless, I know a couple pretty good and in my opinion, from my experience, they are big softies. they are very loyal to their friends, and if you want them to laugh, it seems dry humour is one of the main ways to go.
I also know that they like to discuss political/mainstream topics (ex. veganism. I'm being serious. I once had a lengthy discussion about vegans and people that go lactose-free without having lactose allergies with my ESTJ uncle. it was awesome.). if you want them to laugh, mention stupid arguments people have made during debates.
they can seem mean, but I think it is rarely intentional. the times they're "mean", I think they're simply being stubborn because they won't budge from the decision they've made their mind up, and set their heart, on. or they're trying to get you to follow through with your part in the plot they've scripted.
The definition of mean to me comes down to, willingness to hurt other peoples feelings, willingness to get angry and upset people, and whether they are unrepentant when they upset or hurt peoples feelings. If I disagree with what somebody thinks, or if they make a mistake, I think I would go to extra measures to explain myself and why I'm upset. I think ENTP's would to. I don't think ESTJ/ENTJ are really interested in explaining themselves to others if they get their way and upset people. Because they care less about peoples feelings than they do about getting done what they think is right... because they're just mean.

edit: I chose ESTJ over ENTJ even though they are close, as I feel ENTJ are better at conversation about the theoretical. I think ENTJ have more vision, and more speculative on the future and the philosophical side. No where near as much as an intp obviously, but that's my observation. And that willingness to explore the theoretical makes them more open to outside ideas and criticism... slightly...

·
Registered
133 Posts
The definition of mean to me comes down to, willingness to hurt other peoples feelings, willingness to get angry and upset people, and whether they are unrepentant when they upset or hurt peoples feelings. If I disagree with what somebody thinks, or if they make a mistake, I think I would go to extra measures to explain myself and why I'm upset. I think ENTP's would to. I don't think ESTJ/ENTJ are really interested in explaining themselves to others if they get their way and upset people. Because they care less about peoples feelings than they do about getting done what they think is right... because they're just mean.

edit: I chose ESTJ over ENTJ even though they are close, as I feel ENTJ are better at conversation about the theoretical. I think ENTJ have more vision, and more speculative on the future and the philosophical side. No where near as much as an intp obviously, but that's my observation. And that willingness to explore the theoretical makes them more open to outside ideas and criticism... slightly...
I can definitely agree with you there...
they are ranked higher on the insensitive scale, in my opinion.
but I think that's simply because they haven't pencilled, "explain my brash, rude actions to others" into their schedules.
but I completely agree with you; especially with XNTPs explaining themselves when they realize they need to.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Not exactly sure what "meanness" means here. I voted ENTP because it's the most antisocial but ENTPs also won't crush people as much as judgers to get them in order. "Meanness" to me indicates at least an active attitude which would mean extraversion, so I can't understand voting for I types. Sure they may be grumpy but they still will keep to themselves for the most part.

Any ET type works for its own reasons, depending on how you are viewing the concept of "mean".

Reactions: lifeinterminals

·
Registered
INTP | LII
302 Posts
Not exactly sure what "meanness" means here. I voted ENTP because it's the most antisocial but ENTPs also won't crush people as much as judgers to get them in order. "Meanness" to me indicates at least an active attitude which would mean extraversion, so I can't understand voting for I types. Sure they may be grumpy but they still will keep to themselves for the most part.

Any ET type works for its own reasons, depending on how you are viewing the concept of "mean".
Might help to qualify the situations where meanness may manifest, like say, out of one's volition, or only in response to something?

·
Banned
3,620 Posts
ExTx types are more mean, IxTx types are more cold. ExTJs are probably the meanest. But ESTJs fail whenever they open their mouths cause they're lame so their words don't sting. Just go watch Tito Ortiz try to cut a promo. ENTJ is the obvious answer.

·
Registered
ISFP, 4w3 sx/sp, 486 Tritype
2,938 Posts
ESTJ's are meaniest because they killed my family lol xD

^ every salty ESTJ hater (Mainly visible and known in mbti database)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Going off of stereotypes, I would say undeveloped/younger ENTPs. They're more likely to be purposefully edgy and insulting.
I agree they're more likely to throw food at strangers out of a moving car... but I don't think it's because they're mean, it's obviously because they're a moron... like a puppy that finally catches it's own tale and takes the opportunity to bite down hard

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I guess you have to appear threatening in some way to be classed as mean... I mean... I can be rude, condescending and make people feel stupid... people have also said I was dangerous... though I think they meant because I'm clumsy, and do things like smoke at a gas pump. I still feel insulted nobody picked intp... :sad:

Might help to qualify the situations where meanness may manifest, like say, out of one's volition, or only in response to something?
doesn't it annoy you? That you're just so unthreatening no matter what you do or say people won't think you're a mean person? Maybe if the poll was offensive instead of mean...

·
Registered
INTP | LII
302 Posts
I guess you have to appear threatening in some way to be classed as mean... I mean... I can be rude, condescending and make people feel stupid... people have also said I was dangerous... though I think they meant because I'm clumsy, and do things like smoke at a gas pump. I still feel insulted nobody picked intp... :sad:

doesn't it annoy you? That you're just so unthreatening no matter what you do or say people won't think you're a mean person? Maybe if the poll was offensive instead of mean...
I make an effort to appear friendly/unobtrusive, and I do feel some people fail to take me seriously for anything short of an ultimatum.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts