Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been asked before. I randomly just took my journey elsewhere away from PerC for a few months, no reason, just that's where life sailed.

Are any of you...

1.) Leaders or co-leaders of an MBTI group in your city or town?
2.) Have you ever attended a MBTI Meetup group?
3.) If not, would you consider it?

I lead the MBTI group in Vancouver, Canada which was 330 members strong until I purged it last Fall as many members were inactive and never attended. However, we still have about 40 active members and growing this year which is pretty cool. I love it, our once monthly meetup is a highlight. I get to dance in a garden of INFJs, INTJs, and INFPs...My favs.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
1. No
2. No
3. I’ve thought of joining DaveSuperPowers groups and also thought of Dr. Mike’s NF group... if he is still doing that.
Something I would love, though, is to go to more old-school MBTI conferences, the kind where people who wrote books and where PHDs in studying MBTI would talk.
Also Is love to go to any talks by Dario Nardi.
So...likely kind of different than a meet-up. I’m not single and have a family.

Reactions: Moby

·
Registered
224 Posts
1 – Not enough souls around who know the four letters.

2 – None in sight.

3 – Yes, to meet interesting people, but not to discuss typology.

I lead the MBTI group in Vancouver
Which types were over/underrepresented?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
This thread is giving me deja vu...

Yeah, I went to an INFP meetup about 3 times, it was just something to do at the time when I had more time. I'm just not into MBTI enough to make time for something like that.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which types were over/underrepresented?
Easy answer - INFJs were overrepresented. They make up about 40% of our group's active members. In fact, there are so many INFJs that attend these groups that in the larger cities there are starting to be INFJ only MBTI Meetups.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Moby said:
Easy answer - INFJs were overrepresented. They make up about 40% of our group's active members.
Great, if someone wants to track down the local INFJs, all they have to do is starting an MBTI group.

In fact, there are so many INFJs that attend these groups that in the larger cities there are starting to be INFJ only MBTI Meetups.
That sounds like inbreeding. Do you think that a large percentage of INFJs are harmful to an MBTI group?

Any suggestions for potential leaders and co-leaders of MBTI groups?

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,113 Posts
1. No
2. No
3. Maybe, my autoimmune flareup is finally going down and I'm able to leave my house (maybe) but C19 has put a kink in those plans so I will stay put in my house.

Easy answer - INFJs were overrepresented. They make up about 40% of our group's active members. In fact, there are so many INFJs that attend these groups that in the larger cities there are starting to be INFJ only MBTI Meetups.
Aren't they supposed to be a rare type?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts