Personality Cafe banner

721 - 740 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Some random shots from the beach...

Moonrise...
IMG_4614 (HDR).jpg

I was experimenting with high ISO (obvious in the noise) and caught this distant thunderstorm on the horizon. This was handheld, just leaning against the deck. There's a couple of planes moving across the stars, too...
IMG_3676_2.jpg

We've sold the condo we had ON the beach... HoA fees got out of hand. Now looking for a private house off the beach to eventually retire to. Already miss these views...
2015-06-07 09.14.31.jpg

Nice view to sit and have morning coffee by...
2015-06-07 09.14.09.jpg

Surfers (and other sights), too...
IMG_3256.jpg

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Are the cloud shots in Florida? Are you a member of the Florida Cloud Appreciation Society (free FB Group or paid standalone site)? The first cloud shot especially is at least as good as any that are posted there (and they are uniformly VERY good there). Shots of KSC launches are often posted there, too.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Are the cloud shots in Florida? Are you a member of the Florida Cloud Appreciation Society (free FB Group or paid standalone site)? The first cloud shot especially is at least as good as any that are posted there (and they are uniformly VERY good there). Shots of KSC launches are often posted there, too.
Ahahaha. Nah. This was on the cruise so somewhere near the Bahamas. But yeah close to florida.

But I do love cloud photography. Didn't realize it was a niche. Also, thank you for the praise :)

I have quite a few more. I'll find them here and there and post some.

·
Super Moderator
11,370 Posts
Bonaventure Cemetary, Savannah, Georgia

9F85150B-7711-46E4-B36A-8F4E874E908B.jpg

Mind, it’s a picture of a picture that I took and have framed sitting on one of my tables.
This cemetery is an amazing place.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Pretty interesting caterpillar that has been hanging out around my garage door and trash cans for the last few days.

Funny story with this guy. Tyche saw it like a week or so ago on the trash can. Then I saw it again a few days ago and thinking that perhaps it might be lost, I gently picked it up and put it on one of my garden plants.

Lo and behold, I walk out today and he's back hanging out near the trash cans on the garage door :laughing:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Pretty interesting caterpillar that has been hanging out around my garage door and trash cans for the last few days.

Funny story with this guy. Tyche saw it like a week or so ago on the trash can. Then I saw it again a few days ago and thinking that perhaps it might be lost, I gently picked it up and put it on one of my garden plants.

Lo and behold, I walk out today and he's back hanging out near the trash cans on the garage door :laughing:

Looks like some subspecies of tussock moth caterpillar. Be careful. Some are venomous, similar to stinging nettles.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Looks like some subspecies of tussock moth caterpillar. Be careful. Some are venomous, similar to stinging nettles.
Yup. It's a Flannel Moth I think. It disappeared the last couple of days. I don't physically handle insects.

I'm hoping to get to see it in moth form, but unlikely. Whereever it went, it might not come back.

721 - 740 of 789 Posts