·
Registered
IXFP 4w5 5w4 8w7 sp/sx
667 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,459 Posts
I didn't know you were professional photographer! Your bestfriend is so beautiful and i really love your photos. Especially last one. :D
Yes, I've been published in several magazines I've lost count over my photography stint and got paid, it was my bread and butter. Though I'm retired now, I still do fun shoots every now and then and work from home doing math for Covid teams, this is what I was initially hired for but now I just feel like an overpaid data entry unit. My other love is Math, Pathology, and anything to do with STEM. When Covid hit, I dusted off my other retired part of my life and it brought my math skills to the forefront along with my applied predictive modeling. Got offered a great job from it that I actually went to college for. I also love art. Safe to say I have a lot of hobbies, some of which I get paid for, and have become a professional.

Sticking on the subject.

In my most recent shoot, I wore a mask for the whole thing for a friend's daughter's senior photos. It's not every day you get a Vogue photographer to take photos of you. I made her cry when she got them back. I think each time I upload more preview shots as I go through them she squeaks at me, like OMG LOVE. I like watching that so I still do my work for free here and there for the right people. Occasionally I get offered a gig but 2020 has put a stop to any paid shoots. I'm in the high-risk category. This was still fun in September.

·
Registered
IXFP 4w5 5w4 8w7 sp/sx
667 Posts
Yes, I've been published in several magazines I've lost count over my photography stint and got paid, it was my bread and butter. Though I'm retired now, I still do fun shoots every now and then and work from home doing math for Covid teams, this is what I was initially hired for but now I just feel like an overpaid data entry unit. My other love is Math, Pathology, and anything to do with STEM. When Covid hit, I dusted off my other retired part of my life and it brought my math skills to the forefront along with my applied predictive modeling. Got offered a great job from it that I actually went to college for. I also love art. Safe to say I have a lot of hobbies, some of which I get paid for, and have become a professional.

Sticking on the subject.

View attachment 871033 View attachment 871034

View attachment 871035 View attachment 871036

In my most recent shoot, I wore a mask for the whole thing for a friend's daughter's senior photos. It's not every day you get a Vogue photographer to take photos of you. I made her cry when she got them back. I think each time I upload more preview shots as I go through them she squeaks at me, like OMG LOVE. I like watching that so I still do my work for free here and there for the right people. Occasionally I get offered a gig but 2020 has put a stop to any paid shoots. I'm in the high-risk category. This was still fun in September.
God... I didn't know photographers got affected by covid that much. Also kudo to you for keeping your work after even retirement. Guys like you who are passionate about capturing certain moments are really inspring to me. I just want to tell you shaped my perspective on photography in some way somehow by showing part of your works. I'm preparing for film school (cinematography) right now and meeting someone like you on forum is really encouraging and exciting. I hope you would continue living what you wanna do even if covid came to interrupt our whole life! Have a good day!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
761 - 780 of 791 Posts