Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there were any other INFJs that can relate to this:

Sometimes after either a distraction or having to focus on more than one thing at once, I can completely forget what I was thinking about or what I was doing/about to do, and then suddenly the answer will appear seemingly out of nowhere.

For example:
Say I'm on Google, and I have two ideas of what to look up. I look up the first idea and might browse a few pages on the topic before moving on to the second topic. However, often when I am finished with the first topic, I have forgotten what I was going look up next, even if it was related to the first topic!

I might then spend a short amount of time trying to recall what I was thinking about, before --WHAM!, the idea hits me out of nowhere (like a sudden jump from A to Z in thought).

My question is that, is this sort of thing an "INFJ thing"? Could this be explained in part by any of the cognitive functions or function order? Or could this be explained by something entirely different?

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
No idea, but your user name is surprising to me....

Reactions: Ryan Persinger

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hmm I wouldn't really know if it's an INFJ only thing. I've heard other people talking about this happening to them. Working on a problem the entire morning, then deciding to go for a walk or do something else, and BAM solution presents itself.
Sometimes the best ideas/solutions present themselves when you're not working on it and let your subconcious do it's magic on it.

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
May I ask what you mean by that? :)
Of course! I have never watched sports, nor do I really know any other INFJs that really enjoy them, but it made sense to me when I saw you were an AUSSIE!!

(Huge fan of those!! LOL, check on my profile a couple pages back, you'll find @StrayArrow is all kinds of wonderful!)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes. 100%. Everything I do.
I was diagnosed with ADD, and it makes sense as a diagnosis.

But, for instance...in class, if I were to take notes, I could not pay attention AND take notes at the same time, so I would end up losing track of what was happening and just doodling. SO, I would just not take notes and pay full attention.

In conversation, I'll have an idea or a thought and lose it before the end of my opposition's(hahaha) sentence ends.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah, I totally have trouble focusing on multiple things at once. Multitasking is not one of my strong suits. I always try to do it I usually don't end up getting a lot done. And I'm researching something sometimes I just start clicking on a bunch of links from one page to another and forget what I was originally doing, lol. Don't know if there is a cognitive basis or just a personal quirk though.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I feel like what I experience is more of an uncovering, rather than a WHAM...but it definitely happens often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts