Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious. Why is it that so many men(not all) have a problem with a girl describing them as cute? Do you have a problem with that and please say why or why not.

Reactions: SirDude

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you ask?
Well, I was talking to a male friend today. He said his mother called him baby-faced because he had shaved his beard and didn't seem particularly pleased about that. So I said "Wouldn't baby-faced mean cute?" trying to make him see how it could be a compliment by her. He said "I don't like the notion of being cute though." I asked him why so many men didn't like being called cute and his response was "Because cute is a label given to energetic puppies. or kittens playing. it suggests that one chases butterflies. Basically it's unmanly." I don't agree. I don't think it's unmanly and I wanted to see if other guys agreed with him(and why) or if other girls agreed with me. So err...yeah. That's basically why I started this thread. :/

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It's an attack of everything we're trying to move past! To call a man who has spent many years trying to maintain a level of masculinity is to tear at his very core.

(I secretly don't mind, it's better to be something, even if it is a little sad)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Whats wrong with cute. I've had a few girls hit on me due to being "cute". I don't mind at all, still beats not being noticed. So yes:
My name is mrscientist and i am...cute.
If any man wishes to call me a pussy, go ahead. I'll call you cute. I will.

·
Registered
526 Posts
huh. When I call a guy "cute" I usually don't mean it in the "omg, look at how cute that puppy is!!!" kind of way. When I use the term, I'm just referring to the fact that I'm attracted to something about you. I guess it never occured to me that guys would see as taking away their masculinity. I think most girls use the term cute as a good thing. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate you as a man. Usually the opposite; I have the BIGGEST thing for guys who can be masculine and yet still very vulnerable/sweet. SO goddamn attractive, it's just in my mind I term it "cute", so that's probably what I'll call you. *shrug*

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Here's the thing with me: I don't mind being called cute. I don't view myself as very manly, and it seems to be a more apt description of me, especially because I still look pretty young.

Here's the problem though: I've been called "cute" in the attractive way a lot. But I've never been called "hot". All of the time, I end up falling in the "little brother" zone with girls. They think I look good (I've been called attractive before), and they think I'm very nice and sweet...but I don't fire them up, I don't pique their interests. I'm not "hot" to them. I end up falling into the friend zone.

Now, I know that that's not the same as being called "cute" in the terms of looks, but I always associate it with that. So while I enjoy it, I kind of think it lends itself to me falling into that friend relationship.

But you know...if I ever do end up with a girl for the long haul...she'll be a girl who finds me cute. :) But that's cool with me, much better for her to genuinely say I'm cute than falsely say I'm hot.

·
Registered
526 Posts
But you know...if I ever do end up with a girl for the long haul...she'll be a girl who finds me cute. :) But that's cool with me, much better for her to genuinely say I'm cute than falsely say I'm hot.
I feel like "hot' is purely physical, and "cute" deals with personality traits more. But that's just me.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I always use words like 'cute' and 'adorable' or 'gorgeous'. I really never use the word Hot,it sort of bugs me really I don't know why it just feels unnatural for me to say.
For me I used to hate being called cute and I'm a girl because I don't know I've been called cute so many times
I'd rather hear beautiful.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm curious. Why is it that so many men(not all) have a problem with a girl describing them as cute? Do you have a problem with that and please say why or why not.
I don't have a problem with it. Shows she finds me interesting. I see no reason to not like that.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I can kind of take it or leave it. But when its a girl I like. I kind of feel like my chances of dating her has diminished immediately to zero. That's probably because a girl that said will never go out with me, always calls me cute. I do get kind of annoyed when family members call me cute.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I can kind of take it or leave it. But when its a girl I like. I kind of feel like my chances of dating her has diminished immediately to zero. That's probably because a girl that said will never go out with me, always calls me cute. I do get kind of annoyed when family members call me cute.
Joe okay you are hot! *kiss* :tongue:

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I kind of like it and i kind of don't.... heres why....

I like it but it could mean NUMEROUS things. What EXACTLY do you mean by it? It could be a flirtatious thing that you don't really mean. It could mean like a baby. It could mean you want me really bad. It could mean that you like my personality. It could mean that I have an adorable giggle at that point in time.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

you never know.

thats what i dont like it

its ambiguous

but if you like me

i like it ;)

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.