Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel this thread is a little more important than the other one.

Because for some reason hair on women is usually seen as disgusting. It's not usually a preference thing like on men. 90% of guys straight up don't like it.

And it kinda bugs me, because people don't seem to realise that women and men really don't look that different, so gradually over the years more and more things have been introduced to distinguish men from women, such as hair removal, make up, women only clothing etc.

And now it seems a lot of men only find this manufactured image of a women attractive and not an actual woman.

So guys, I'm curious, thoughts on body hair on women?

Sure, I prefer women with 'less' body hair, as in, not man level body hair. But a bit of arm/underarm hair doesn't really bother me. And I probably wouldn't mind leg hair if it weren't stubbly.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
To tell you the truth, i really do not care. There is such a thing as too much hair, but that is mostly with really dark people.
Women generally do not have much body hair and as far as i am concerned, don't need to shave at all. But most do it because it is a sign of femininity.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I'm not that bothered, really. It's a personal preference of hers whether she wishes to shave or not. As a female she is unlikely to have much body hair anyway.

·
Registered
314 Posts
<-------Is a hairy woman

However, my hair is blonde, so you wouldn't know it unless you were inspecting me lol. My legs can get pretty bad so I shave them every day/every other day. Everywhere else I have either a little more hair than average or just average amount. I've never had any guys grossed out by it at all so I guess that's a good thing.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I guess I don't mind. I don't think I really have a choice, since I'm hairy, too. It'd be a double standard. I wouldn't say I find it attractive or anything, but it doesn't gross me out. I wouldn't mind a woman like sarabell, who has hair that isn't really noticeable. But those women who have like super dark, thick body hair you can see from a mile away, ahh I don't know about those ones, hehheh...:unsure:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm not naturally hairier than most girls but sometimes I go a week or two without shaving my legs and someone (mostly other girls) always makes a comment -_- . I never really let it grow super long so I don't see the issue if I have a bit of hair, I mean you'd have to be pretty close and staring at my legs to see it. The only reason I shave in the winter is for gym classes XD. I'd shave a lot more if I wasn't single, shaved legs are just more smooth and soft.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've got pretty dark hair on my legs and arms. I keep my legs shaved in the summer when people are seeing them, but I never shave my arms. Why would anyone shave their arms? The girls in my class seem to think it's repulsive that i'm not a completely hairless mole-rat, however.

·
Banned
255 Posts
I actually have a marginal preference for women to retain their hair, in line with a general theme of being attracted to "au naturel," though it's quite inconsequential to me. There are reasons that people shave that have nothing to do with cultural indoctrination; as guy I shave my face and other parts of myself simply because I find my own body hair to be uncomfortable and itchy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I actually have a marginal preference for women to retain their hair, in line with a general theme of being attracted to "au naturel," though it's quite inconsequential to me. There are reasons that people shave that have nothing to do with cultural indoctrination; as guy I shave my face and other parts of myself simply because I find my own body hair to be uncomfortable and itchy.
Agreed: since I usually wear long pants nobody sees my hairy legs anyways, but I shave them mostly because I cannot stand the feel of pants or socks rubbing against the hair...same reason why I won't wear long sleeve shirts that are tight on the arms; uncomfortable.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I shave my arms and everything below the waist. I started doing it around the age of 12 because of teasing, but now, I really like it best this way; it feels good. But yet, I'd still be offended if someone thought I was obligated to do it. I've known guys like that. :dry:

Reactions: Darkestblue

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I feel this thread is a little more important than the other one.

Because for some reason hair on women is usually seen as disgusting. It's not usually a preference thing like on men. 90% of guys straight up don't like it.

And it kinda bugs me, because people don't seem to realise that women and men really don't look that different, so gradually over the years more and more things have been introduced to distinguish men from women, such as hair removal, make up, women only clothing etc.

And now it seems a lot of men only find this manufactured image of a women attractive and not an actual woman.

So guys, I'm curious, thoughts on body hair on women?

Sure, I prefer women with 'less' body hair, as in, not man level body hair. But a bit of arm/underarm hair doesn't really bother me. And I probably wouldn't mind leg hair if it weren't stubbly.
No way in hell. I can't even stand a woman with a full bush. They have to at least trim it very well. The only hair that I like to see on a woman is on her head. I'm not trying to date sasquatch here.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
No way in hell. I can't even stand a woman with a full bush. They have to at least trim it very well. The only hair that I like to see on a woman is on her head. I'm not trying to date sasquatch here.
How do you even know until she's naked anyway? Surely you don't go up to women and ask them if they shave their body hair?

·
Registered
401 Posts
You know, I know a lot of guys in general have a preference for pubic hair on women, but I wonder how viewpoints have shifted for underarm hair on girls.

When I was younger the idea used to really bug me, but over the years it really stopped being such a big deal. When I was active military, I met quite a few girls who didn't really tend to it, yet still were very feminine. It just stopped being all that important really.

I shave my own, just because of scent~ I prefer a more neutral tone, and it makes a huge difference. However I find myself pretty open to it on women, but that's probably just my willingness to enjoy something different every once in awhile. <3 Why hold ourselves to a single standard of beauty? I think it can be hot under certain contexts.

Then again I'm kind of a slut.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Sometimes it's nice. i wouldn't really be bothered by it all, i'm not going to shave my legs so why should i insist upon it.i'm kinda turned on by"unkept" girls(messy hair, unshaved legs, not perfect teeth etc) cause it make me think they've gotten past society's expectations and are completely happy with their body.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
How do you even know until she's naked anyway? Surely you don't go up to women and ask them if they shave their body hair?
I would know we she got naked. I enjoy performing oral on girls too. When I am am going down, I wanna feel like I am eating out an angel, not Yogi Bear? Ya dig?

You know, I know a lot of guys in general have a preference for pubic hair on women, but I wonder how viewpoints have shifted for underarm hair on girls.

When I was younger the idea used to really bug me, but over the years it really stopped being such a big deal. When I was active military, I met quite a few girls who didn't really tend to it, yet still were very feminine. It just stopped being all that important really.

I shave my own, just because of scent~ I prefer a more neutral tone, and it makes a huge difference. However I find myself pretty open to it on women, but that's probably just my willingness to enjoy something different every once in awhile. <3 Why hold ourselves to a single standard of beauty? I think it can be hot under certain contexts.

No, go back to shaving.

·
Registered
314 Posts

This reminds me of when I was little; I saw a woman in our apartment pool who was super pretty but had major armpit hair and she borrowed my goggles...ever since then whenever I think of women with armpit hair, I think of sexy women :crazy: weird! lol

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
It's interesting how sterotypes have changed and mores have changed. I work in Geriatrics, and so many women tell me that they were not allowed to shave their legs and underarms because that is only what whores did. That was just one generation ago.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.