Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What age did you start puberty and what order did the changes occur, ie. pubic/underarm/chest/facial hair, height, voice, balls drop, penis growth, etc?

Please be as specific as you can.
Thanks.

Reactions: Macrosapien

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I don't think we really pay much attention? It's not like an oh shit I got a period like a girl. It's just a few years where things grow haha.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
OK:

11: Masturbation, pubic hair and acne
12: A lot of masturbation (like I stumbled upon the Mecca of how to spend alone time), some growth height-wise but not much
13: Big growth spurt, voice deepened but not a great deal, more masturbation
14: Growth slowed, masturbation did not
15: Puberty pretty much slowed to halt
16: Self-esteem destroying cystic acne out of nowhere

The rest is history

more recent history

·
Registered
656 Posts
7th grade was when I noticed I started liking girls. The most embarrassing change was the deepening of the voice because by then everybody knows. It was deep, scratchy, and odd. I don't remember when that happened.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your responses.
I guess guys don't pay much attention to the details when going through puberty. But I expect the spontaneous erections are kind of distracting anyway. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
9-10 Strange shit started happening to me.
11 I had a deep voice that broke now and then and was 6 feet tall.
13 6'3", deep voice and basically all body hair that i would have for the next 10 years was there.

I've been getting progressively hairier since then and my dick might have hit a growth spurt in my late teens.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I guess I had very subtle puberty. I liked girls on aesthetic/emotional level before and while it took some time to harmonize hormonal/sexual attraction with later it didn't change me fundamentally.
Never really cared about the physical part.
So:
I guess guys don't pay much attention to the details when going through puberty.
YES.

But I expect the spontaneous erections are kind of distracting anyway. :laughing:
It's never really spontaneous. Easy way to stop it is to imagine vividly fight for life, cold, despair. Other organs will quickly gain priority over the blood flow. :th_wink:

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's never really spontaneous. Easy way to stop it is to imagine vividly fight for life, cold, despair. Other organs will quickly gain priority over the blood flow. :th_wink:
You can't take away spontaneous erections. We have periods, you have embarrassing moments at the side of the pool, it's only fair.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What age did you start puberty and what order did the changes occur, ie. pubic/underarm/chest/facial hair, height, voice, balls drop, penis growth, etc?

Thanks.
different things at different times,

hair:
armpit/pubic - 13
chest - 21
height - 14 to 21
voice - 13 - 25
balls/penis - 13-18?

Reactions: Kynx

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts

Thanks.
Can I ask why you want to know?

Facial hair started at like 12. Same with armpit hair.

I don't know about the downstairs. Maybe that started at the same time. I don't remember.

Chest hair? That's hilarious :laughing: I have about 3 chest hairs. And I'm like 21.5 years old.

No back hair either. However, I do have peach fuzz on the backs of my shoulders that I think one day will turn into back hair. Maybe in my 30s idk.

Height happened all the time. I remember having painful growth spurts. I grew so so fast. I think I reached my max height by 11th or 12th grade. I don't think that I grew after that. (But maybe I did--I just don't remember)

I'm not sure what "balls drop" means. I've always had balls. My entire life. So...

I think penis growth happened just the entire time starting at birth. I don't think it was a baby penis and then I hit 12 and had an adult penis. It doesn't work that way. It's always growing from the very beginning. (So, again, I don't really know what you're talking about).

Voice still hasn't done much :) I guess it is a bit deeper than my five-year-old voice, but it's not a deep voice in my opinion. This probably had the biggest change in later teenage/early college years.

My brother's voice hasn't really changed AT ALL, really. He came out of the womb with a deep voice, and it sounds exactly the same today.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can I ask why you want to know?
I have two sons. My younger son is developing in certain areas faster than my older son and my older son is becoming anxious about it. I was hoping to gain some insights into how much it varies from one guy to the next, in order to reassure him.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I.. actually don't remember.
Weird. You'd thin-
OH
RIGHT.
I was camping with friends, and some weird shit happened. Like "let's all jack off together" weird shit <I was 11>. And then a couple of months later I was rock climbing, fell hard, got a cast, leg got itchy, it grew hair and I started freaking out.

Also, the penis growth thing is private, literally. In that, I don't really pay much attention to my own dick.

The voice thing was weird too, back then I got sick a lot, so this one time I got a cold, and then my voice permanently got stuck a few octaves lower.

I always kept growing, so the height thing didn't bother me.

The facial hair thing actually happened during junior year in high school, I was too lazy to shave, so I just pulled the hairs out, but then I got pubes, and then I let my lumberjack beardstace grow out so I REALLY needed to shave or it would hurt a lot.

So I guess the order was... not shooting blanks -> leg/arm hair -> voice change -> face/chest hair <it's as bad looking as it sounds on an asian, and somehwere along the lines my dick grew, or at the very least stopped getting random boners. I'm assuming my balls dropped when I started being able to shoot manmilk or something, unless the plumbing of manparts are weirder than I thought.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
7th grade (13 years old?). Showed up with a mustache, braces, dropped voice and even more awkwardness.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
12-14 was pretty awks.
12-Zits for days
13-Body Hair
14-Dirty Moustache

·
Registered
4,457 Posts

Thanks.

Alright:

Voice: 11 -12. Literally I went to sleep one day and woke up with a deep voice. I didn't have a period where my voice was cracking and going from high to low. Literally one day I sounded like a girl and the next day, I had a deep voice.

underarm; 14 I think, for some reason that grow in later, not sure why.

Pubic: the summer before i turned 14. it came later... 14.

chest hair; 12 for some reason. I have had hair right there for a while, not sure why. i have weird hair growth patterns, it resembles wolverine, like I have that weird deltoid hair.

Height: well... I was shorter than all my friends when i was 12... they all grew at that time, i didnt. My growth happened at age 14, and then gradually, until i was 6'0.

balls dropped? lol i have absolutely no idea.

penis growth: 11-19 or something like that.

As for facial hair LOL. Well I started to grow hair on my chin when I was 13 or 14, but I'm still growing in my mustache LOL. Have had many beards, but mustache is a no go.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Voice: 11 -12. Literally I went to sleep one day and woke up with a deep voice. I didn't have a period where my voice was cracking and going from high to low. Literally one day I sounded like a girl and the next day, I had a deep voice.
This was exactly the same case for me. My father confirms this at least xD

Pubic hair seemed to happen quick, possibly around that 13-14 range.

Mustache hair started somewhere in my mid-teens if I'm not mistaken (honestly wish I didn't have it).

However, there's something that's been kinda 'bothering' me (basically not sure if 'normal'), but I didn't start getting armpit hair until late last year. Even this year, there's some, but not much. I'm not complaining actually, as I would liked it bare. But I noticed my peers had super hairy armpits as they casually showed off when they leaned back in their chair during class (bleh). So um, yeah, I'm a little late in that department and I'm nearly 20...

Kinda wonder if I'm a late bloomer in other areas. Interesting some responses included interest in girls as part of puberty, which I didn't consider being the case, but I guess it makes sense. Truthfully, I didn't express heavy interest in girls during school. I had an intense focus on school work. Now that I'm out of high school, I know my interest in forming relationships has increased.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts

Downstairs hair - Eleven, my brother and I are were honestly rather shocked when we saw it, we didn't know what to think of it. We knew we'd get hair there, but it was odd to literally see it.
Penis - Always growing, like emberfly said....
Balls - Have always been there. My doctor actually thinks the actual size of them could produce infertility problems as to which I would need hormone therapies to compensate with. I'm thinking of it, since I want children.
Armpit hair - I was sixteen.
Facial hair - Fourteen.
Voice - I would say around fifteen to sixteen.

There isn't one set increment of time, which is nice, because I feel one big shock would scar people.
I think that if your son is anxious, you could possibly mention to him that everyone changes slowly and gradually. I don't know how much that could help him, but I hope it gives him some relief.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.