Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me that feels drowsy and restless when my living / work space has gotten too messy? Which thus proceeds to make it feel harder to tidy it up. I wonder if some clutter really has that much of an effect on my engine.

Mess really makes me want to push further into the minimalist lifestyle and mindset.
I don't have a house of my own but if I did I've often dreamed of it being pretty simple (yet spacious) and having a minimalist interior which can't get into messes so easy.

Personally, I really like the style.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh and I really hate looking at this (though I do have a damn morbid curiousity about things that disturb me). I'm glad I don't have this condition where they find it hard to throw things away. These poor souls.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
766 Posts
I personally enjoy having lots of stuff where I live.
I work hard to keep it tidy, and I like for it to look aesthetically pleasing. As long as my place has a sense of style, I don’t mind a little clutter.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5
44 Posts
I can live with some clutter. As long as I can find whatever I'm looking for, that's fine. I'm self-conscious about it, though, when people visit. But no one's ever said anything to me about it.

Most of my clutter comes from books. I have a hard time parting with them.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
You're definitely not alone in hating messy spaces. I hate it when my room's messy too, and feel it impacts negatively my state of mind. But being completely honest, I hate cleaning/tidying stuff up too. I'm not one to care for details and mundane, boring routine.

·
Registered
ISFP
2,593 Posts
Nothing is worse for me than working, gaming, and sleeping in the exact same room. It makes me restless. All these days are a blur.

It gets messy quick sometimes. I miss coworking hubs.

Kill me please. With your hands, on my throat, preferably.

Reactions: Hexigoon

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing is worse for me than working, gaming, and sleeping in the exact same room. It makes me restless. All these days are a blur.

It gets messy quick sometimes. I miss coworking hubs.

Kill me please. With your hands, on my throat, preferably.
Hey now, I don't know your situation exactly but death ain't the answer!
You do bring up an interesting point, doing all that within the same space is probably not the best. My days feel like a blur too but I'm so used to being confined to a single room.

·
Registered
ISFP
2,593 Posts
My days feel like a blur too but I'm so used to being confined to a single room.
What are you a convict?! Do you trade ramen and cigarettes?!

·
Registered
ISFP
2,593 Posts
Never give up, never surrender

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mrs. Buoyant is ISFJ and our minimalist home is tidy, clean and stylish. We put our house on the market a week ago and our friends joked about how we didn't even have to stage it because that's just how we live. We were surprised when the marketing pics turned out looking like something out of Architectural Digest. Amazing photographer with a specialized camera; Mrs. B cried when she saw the pics. We listed it at a price I thought was too high. After two days and 19 showings we had four offers above our list price. The highly cluttered and lower-priced home with the same floorplan located just three doors down from us spent a month on the market with no offers. They hate us .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts