Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid question, but I am new to this so bear with me. Are there any messy type ones? I am an sp type 1 so this doesn't apply to me. I assumed that there definitely could be depending on the instinct stackings etc. Once again, I apologize for the stupid question.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Im messy. Unless I think being organized matters. Dealing with bureaucracy and organizations i'm quite OCD. I think being an ENTP type 1 has something to do with it.
1s are known to carry a 'holy idea' that they were once able to achieve perfection and everything went well, yet it is not present in the world around them. For this reason they fight to recreate it.

I gave a good thread regarding 6 vs. 1's desire for change. This mistyping could very well apply to you because type 1s prefer a level of control in their environment but they miss some areas because of procrastination or other issues. Give the thread's OP a read and if you don't identify with what I said was 1 tendency give your typing a hard look. I know you're somewhat new to the forum, so I feel it's acceptable to question such a thing.

·
Banned
283 Posts
1s are known to carry a 'holy idea' that they were once able to achieve perfection and everything went well, yet it is not present in the world around them. For this reason they fight to recreate it.

I gave a good thread regarding 6 vs. 1's desire for change. This mistyping could very well apply to you because type 1s prefer a level of control in their environment but they miss some areas because of procrastination or other issues. Give the thread's OP a read and if you don't identify with what I said was 1 tendency give your typing a hard look. I know you're somewhat new to the forum, so I feel it's acceptable to question such a thing.
My typing is correct

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I'm sx/sp and most of the time I will be ignoring the mess around me in favor of engaging in other things, let it build up, until one day I suddenly go "OMG! I'm living in a pigsty!!! This place is so disgusting!" and devote an entire day to cleaning and organizing. Then I go back to being complacent until it builds up again. I know of another sx/sp, an 8 not a 1, who goes through the same kind of cycle, so it may very well be related to instincts.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm sx/sp and most of the time I will be ignoring the mess around me in favor of engaging in other things, let it build up, until one day I suddenly go "OMG! I'm living in a pigsty!!! This place is so disgusting!" and devote an entire day to cleaning and organizing. Then I go back to being complacent until it builds up again. I know of another sx/sp, an 8 not a 1, who goes through the same kind of cycle, so it may very well be related to instincts.
that's mostly how I do it. Ill let it sit and sit until its just too messy, and then WOOSH! I clean it. Im ok with a house/room that looks "lived in", but messes do stress me out if I keep triping over stuff. Im Sp/sx.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I seem to sometimes neglect the drawers and closet until items are messed up (in a hurry most of the time, more important things to do) then I could not find the things I want so I ended up organizing them. Yet, these days it has lessened.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is definitely me!
I notice the mess gets worse when I'm residing in unhealthy levels (or I'm just a crab).
Then one day I wake up and purge.

I think it also might have something to do with the fact that my parents are hoarders (i.e. there is a table in my house that remains clean for 3 minutes, then things pile up and it just sits until my mom rallies enough energy to clean it. Mom is Type 8 and Dad's Type 3.....more important things to do than clean :p). To clarify, the mess is something I tolerate for awhile because of familiarity, but it annoys me after awhile.

Plus: cluttered living space, cluttered mind.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I neglect my living enviornment until it actively impedes on the rest of my life. Then I sit down and commit to clean it from top to bottom (this usually happens when I get home at night after a long day of working, which means my cleaning spree runs between midnight and 3 AM).

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Banned
891 Posts
I must be the exception to the rule. My house is a chaotic mess. And it's usually like that. Stress causes me to neglect order and tidyness. I've never been very good at putting things back where they belong, either. I don't enjoy living in a mess, though. I tend to clean up when I'm healthier and have more energy.

Edited to add: I wonder if my instinctual stacking influences this? I've never been a "neat freak".

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Yes, my ENFP friend is type 1, followed closely by type 7. Her being ENFP may agree to the definition of "messiness" regarding objects, but more of being OCD with people, organizing people, her feelings, and values.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Yes, my ENFP friend is type 1, followed closely by type 7. Her being ENFP may agree to the definition of "messiness" regarding objects, but more of being OCD with people, organizing people, her feelings, and values.
That's interesting, because I am sort of like your friend with regards to the statement I bolded above. I've never felt a need to "perfect" my physical environment, that is why I believe I am SP-last. Do you know if your friend is SO/SX or SX/SO?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts