Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet. I am a ENFP and pretty much have all the attributes that a ENFP possess. I have been into this MBTI thing for about two weeks and am already putting it to good use. Well I just wanna let you guys know that I mets this girl who is also an ENFP at English class over at university. (told her to take the test) Anyways whats striking is how similar we are in every aspect. We are so freaking spontaneous that she asked me out the second time we met and then she's like we are so perfect for each other and that we should totally get into a relationship. I don't know if I can handle another crazy person like me. How good are ENFP-ENFP matches? Help me out guys 0_O

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Well welcome to the ENFP forums your not alone :D we make up a small population. ENFP-ENFP relationships are fantastic high energy couples and fantastic romance there are some downsides too some ENFPs tend to be in many short term relationships also and NF types tend to think they can read eachothers mind making some relationships difficult then again I'm also new here I've only dated one ENFP and we worked out great execpt we always had to play the " read eachothers mind" game

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
How good are ENFP-ENFP matches?
Well...

Hmm. Just the other day, I realized that one of my exes was also an ENFP, so maybe I can help by explaining my experience with it. If I'd tried typing my ex months ago, it would have been easier for me to figure out that I was an ENFP...because he is an obvious ENFP, and he and I were just alike. When he and I were together, I would often think that he was like the guy version of me. It was weird! The alike-ness had it's ups and downs, pros and cons.

In the end, though, it didn't work. To be honest, there was very little excitement when we were just alike. After I got over the wow factor of our similarities and how little conflict there was, I found that I was bored. That was just one example of an ENFP/ENFP relationship, though, and others might do better....so please don't let me discourage you if you feel strongly about this girl!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there!!
Ive experienced 2 ENFP-ENFP relationships...I am actually expericing one of them now.

No 1:My ex-boyfriend who I dated for 2 years was also an enfp. I knew from the start that it was no good but I saw his potential of what he could be. We had so much fun, with lots of adventures and laughs. We understood eachother well, it was often like we read eachothers minds. But..we were so much alike so that we shared almost all bad traits to. That was really hard..because it was always like we encouraged eachother to stupid crazy things all the time. No one of us ever pulled the break and we couldnt moralise over eachother either because we both were equally bad. And noone did the dishes or cleaned the apartment because we both always had funnier things to do.And both of us was really sensitive to critism. We were just too much alike simply. Sometimes we were like old buddies who could fart and burp together...we were more friends than lovers. Eventually I got sick of him and us and the lacking of romace. He was very immature, insecure,selfcentered and didnt know himself that good either. We just were like two tornados freaking out.

No 2: And now ive met a new ENFP guy...its pretty new but I have have a better feeling about this one than the last. He is much more controlled and calm. The new one is less selfcentered and much more mature. He really knows himself and doesnt need to prove himself all the time. We are less alike than me and my ex and that is really good thing. Its not like looking in the mirror anymore. Because we understand and respect eachother and still learn so much stuff from eachother too. And we still has as fun! For our second date we spontaniously traveled a week to berlin and amsterdam, how fun isnt that!?:D He is an ENFP who has learned to follow things through. And i really admire that since i still havent learned to manage that part so well myself...yet! He really inspires me to wanna work on my bad sides and be better. I want to impress him. And he wants to impress me too. And our chemistry is sparkling! We are just so madly in love! Ive never experienced any better sex than this before.;D

So I think if you keep the romance and the winning eachother everyday-thing up it doesnt have too be such a bad idea with an ENFP-ENFP relationship. Just dont fall in the buddie-trap. And set some boundaries..dont let eachother freak out too much. And you have to be aware of yourselves too.

But hey! what do I know......maybe this new ENFP-ENFP relationship i have goes bad too......:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts