Personality Cafe banner

What do you think of this video?

• It was completely uncalled for and childish behavior. You don't make fun of drug addicts.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It was great. Nothing wrong with making fun of drug addicts.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I really don't care either way.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In this clip, James Hetfield mocks Layne Staley (the great singer of Alice in Chains - a guy who had a heroin addiction). He makes motions with arm, as if shooting up heroin, along with Lars and Kirk, although Jason Newsted doesn't get involved and just sits in the corner with his hands up. The crowd apparently thought it was uncalled for and inappropriate, so they throw a few shoes at James to show what they think of his childish antics.

Explain what your impression is of this video.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It was a long time ago. Band members of both Metallica and Alice in Chains have always been good friend. It was said in an interview that Layne was pretty anti-social and wouldn't talk much to the other guys. Hetfield didn't hate Layne but just wanted a reaction out of him. AIC had to cancel many shows at that time because of Layne. Hetfield just wanted to make fun of that situation...And I can't blame him for that...This is coming from a guy who hates metallica. Staley was one of my 'idols' when I was younger but I can see the point Hetfield was trying to make.

Layne's addiction was no secret...but yeah, that was uncalled for.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
This from the guy who proudly wore an Alcoholica Tshirt featuring his own picture. No class whatsoever, but then by their treatment of one of their own members (Jason, now ex'd) I'm not surprised in the least. I knew James and Lars were dicks, I just didn't think they could sink this low.

Reactions: Ti Dominant

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's just about what everyone else is saying (that Lars and James are arrogant pricks).
"Jason's almost cool now..."

What the fuck? Very low. And I like how he acts like an innocent victim when he gets a shoe thrown at him.
"Why on Earth would anyone throw a shoe at me???"

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Yeah, that's just about what everyone else is saying (that Lars and James are arrogant pricks).
"Jason's almost cool now..."
He was the only cool one after Cliff but that's my opinion...well actually a lot of people say that. Now Trujillo is the only cool one.

What the fuck? Very low. And I like how he acts like an innocent victim when he gets a shoe thrown at him.
"Why on Earth would anyone throw a shoe at me???"
"Shocked at the world that I see.
Innocent victim please rescue me..."
Couldn't resist :happy:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I've always liked Alice in Chains, at least they didn't sell out in the end.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, they suck balls now without Layne.
But they were good.

Metallica = complete sell out.
In fact, modern music blows entirely.
Most artists are either a) sell-outs or b) talentless hacks.
It's a shame. I don't even listen to the radio or anything anymore with all the garbage out there.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Actually, they suck balls now without Layne.
But they were good.
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. They're all wrecks too apparently. Layne was so amazing it's tragic he's gone.

Metallica = complete sell out.
In fact, modern music blows entirely.
Most artists are either a) sell-outs or b) talentless hacks.
It's a shame. I don't even listen to the radio or anything anymore with all the garbage out there.
Agree completely! I used to listen to radio when they had metal shows (and watch video shows when I could as we didn't have cable) and now I don't even bother because there's nothing good on, and here Nickelback is on every 5 minutes :angry: I love the internet I get to find all kinds of good things that I used to listen to and discovering new stuff, who needs the industry when you have all that access? I'm rather a music snob so my opinions are quite strong on this lol.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've been called a snob on many occasions. Apparently, it's wrong to have standards and fine tastes. =/
And yes, there's no point depending on a crap music industry that pumps out garbage if you can just go back and listen to classics that actually sound good. :happy:

and lol @ Nickleback

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Yeah, I've been called a snob on many occasions. Apparently, it's wrong to have standards and fine tastes. =/
And yes, there's no point depending on a crap music industry that pumps out garbage if you can just go back and listen to classics that actually sound good. :happy:

and lol @ Nickleback
It's nice to see SOMEONE on this planet gets it :happy:
I hope the industry dies a quick and painful death, go TPB! Actually I'd prefer give my money directly to the artists than to the industry hacks who give a pittance to the artist while they get the rest for themselves. I resent the fact too that they get to decide what I hear or not and that really pisses me off having found much more interesting stuff on indie labels.

Nickelback... *shudder* I don't understand why Americans always get into the bad ones like them or Celine Dion but they don't get into the Tea Party or things like that. I'd apologize for having other people have to be exposed to that, but it's not exactly something I can do something about, though I would if I could :crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts