Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
21,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this here because online data collection is a growing trend and Microsoft has been making its presence felt, first with Windows 10 launching about a month ago, and now with Windows 7 and 8 both having just received updates to backport some of 10's new tracking features to the older operating systems. The link below details the specific updates and how you can avoid installing them or uninstall them if you already have.

Microsoft slips user-tracking tools into Windows 7, 8 amidst Windows 10 privacy storm | PCWorld

·
Banned
5,979 Posts
Well, I hate how they effectively monopolised the PC market so now some games can't be played on other platforms at all even with emulators and without having to use virtualisation, where the ISO has to be paid for. I'm now only using Ubuntu (and plan to do so in the future if I get a new laptop that can dual-boot) for all my personal stuff I wouldn't want anyone outside my house and/or a few friends to see. I'd still use Windows because the vast majority of software, games and online services rely on it. I understand other online services can spy on me, but I don't like how Windows' security issues (not that I know of them very well) let malware in very easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts