Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Apologies if a thread like this has already been created.
So is it possible to be completely in the middle for ALL the functions? I mean, take my dad for instance. I'm usually really good at guessing people's MBTI if I may say so myself but I just couldn't figure out his type. So I got him to do the test and he was EXTREMELY moderate, pretty much turning out to be a XXTX.
How on earth do you analyse someone like this?!

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
He might be just a well-rounded person :) However, tests aren't always reliable... I mean, I took the official MBTI supervised by a trained psychologist and got ENFP :p

Maybe you should start with determining which function combinations does your dad use? Does he judge ideas and make decisions using Te+Fi, or Ti+Fe? (Same goes for the perceiving axes, Ne+Si and Se+Ni).

Reactions: Owfin and iemanja

·
Registered
75 Posts
My dad is like this as well! He shows basically no preference in any of the categories. My mom says this is why he gets along with people so well... he can understand everyone because he's just well rounded. I don't know if that's normal, he probably still has a type, its just not strong? I guess.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Well older people will be more balanced generally anyway, but if you know what to look for, or look at their past you'll probably see some general patterns.

·
Registered
118 Posts
One of my best friends is like this. I made him do a couple tests and whilst he resulted in ISTJ, it was about 52-48 for all four categories.

·
Registered
404 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts