Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to get bored even before I type this. I know that for sure.

SO. HAI.

I keep getting tested as an ENFP through most MBTI typing stuffs. Uh, questionnaires? Yeah, those things.

I'm starting to think I'm an ENTP, though. I mean, lookit dis thread-
DIS WON RITE HEAR!

Jokes aside, I relate to these ENTP threads a whole lot more to the ENFP threads, albeit two or three hundred posts which I may have found similar to my case.
I can't be bothered to find that one thread, but there was that one ITTYBITTY post where something along the lines of "Pref..".
Uh, I forgot it, but I'm thinking it was in that link up there. I've got a million tabs open, anywhos, so you guys can rummage through all of them before I close 'em all.
Love that convenient 'close all tabs' option when I right-click.

I'll keep everything nice and unedited. I'm going to do some more research so I can self-actualise myself a lot more diligently.

Hah, diligence. That's funny.
:dry:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't know, you sound like an ENFP to me with the way I imagined hearing this. BUUUUUT if you do feel as if you're left out, then by all means, do more research (Hahaha diligence)! :D

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
I haven't had my coffee yet, and this doesn't conclusively prove that you aren't an ENTP, but I have never seen an ENTP post center-justified text. ENFPs share a lot of the descriptions of ENTPs, but in application they manifest themselves very differently. For example, Keirsey calls th ENFPs the "Champions" but ENTPs are certainly more than capable of championing an idea. Likewise, ENTPs are typically very smart, but so are ENFPs. Both are prone to acting out a lot, and both are prone to being extremely off-putting if they don't develop well. You sound like an ENFP, but it's possible that youre just a bubbly ENTP.

But by all means keep researching. Take the cognitive functions quiz. Even if you are an ENFP you can still hang out here.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I'll keep everything nice and unedited.
Ummm... the part in bold is an oxymoron:

dictionary.com said:
nice   
[nahys] –adjective, nic·er, nic·est.
1. pleasing; agreeable; delightful
Something that has gone completely unedited is usually not pleasing, agreeable or delightful... and then the edit you made is a bit upsetting. As @mkeath said... an entire post that is center justified? eeeeeeeeek!

Additionally, I agree with @mkeath about the cognitive functions quiz, and also just reading up on Ti/Fe and Fi/Te dichotomies. Once you determine which of those fits you better, you will know if you are ENTP or ENFP (I, too, spent years of confusion until I understood them better).

Good luck, and please don't center all your text, it's offensive to the eyes and difficult to read.

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Also if you get your feelings hurt about the criticism for the centered text, you're probably not an ENTP. I don't know why an NT would center their text unless they were trolling.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
ENFP. Sorry, but I've never seen NTs use "HAI!" as a greeting. Or centered text in a weird font. or "Dis WON RITE HEAR!"

ENTPs and ENFPs have a lot of similarities, no doubt. Probably the reason why you relate to us so well. That what happens what happens when 75% of the letters are the same.

It was nice to meet you, though. But go back to the ENFP forum, I believe you'll find them much more tolerant of your mannerisms, and more agreeable in general.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
ENFP. Sorry, but I've never seen NTs use "HAI!" as a greeting. Or centered text in a weird font. or "Dis WON RITE HEAR!"
I say "hai" all the time (maybe not in the forums, though)... and I also enjoy playing with homonyms, especially when chatting with my INTP buddy. So those aren't good enough reasons to say ENFP IMO.

Reactions: electricky

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have an INFJ friend on here who enjoys prefers the INTX forums simply because its who he is, the MBTI gives you an umbrella term, I'd suggest a few cognitive functions tests. They're usually clearer really.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You strike me as an ENFP too. The way you write reminds me of my boyfriend who is a lovely, goofy and effervescent ENFP. This isn't necessarily conclusive of course, but I do feel like ENTPs tend to write very serious introductions or they'd try to be super witty and throw around "inside" jokes--if this makes any sense? Your introduction was very friendly and silly instead :)

You may just like ENTPs and feel like what is discussed here appeals to you, or strikes a chord within you. ENTPs and ENFPs tend to get along VERY well so it may be something like that. I know I'm not an ENFP but I like them a lot and I enjoy what they say or do and tend to feel harmony with them.

Reactions: MartyMcFly1

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Well, wear the coat for a while, see if it fits. There are no laws here. If you dig around in the dusty recesses of the ENTP subforum, you will find (among some startling gems and a mandelbrot set of universal understanding that has been building all by itself in the dark) a couple of threads on distinguishing ENTP and ENFP.

Take a torch, a taser and a ball of string, just in case.

·
Registered
339 Posts
(among some startling gems and a mandelbrot set of universal understanding that has been building all by itself in the dark) Take a torch, a taser and a ball of string, just in case.
Now that's what I'd call a perfect clever and geeky ENTP joke example :)

Reactions: yesiknowbut

·
Registered
930 Posts
Try taking a cognitive function test and finding out your enneagram. This will help us to type you. In the mean time:

A few differences between ENTPs and ENFPs:

ENTPs apply their Ne to new ideas and projects related to things (technology, hobbies, work).
ENFPs apply their Ne to new ideas and projects related to people (friends, relationships, family).

ENTPs are more likely to be described as charming and charismatic.
ENFPs are more likely to be described as bubbly and excitable.

ENFPs are more commonly observed using chatspeak. This is probably because they're constantly looking for new, fun ways to communicate with people.
It's more important to ENTPs that they come across as intelligent, and are more likely to be grammatically correct and logical in written conversations.

ENFPs are more likely to feel hurt or offended when their ideas, opinions or values are criticized or questioned.
ENTPs are more likely to be open minded to criticism and debate about personal things.

ENFPs seem to love everyone equally.
ENTPs seem to base how much they care about people on how valuable and loyal a person they are to the ENTP - emotion doesn't often come into it.

Unhealthy ENFPs are more likely to get revenge with blatant emotional manipulation.
Unhealthy ENTPs are more likely to get revenge with subtle psychological manipulation.

ENFPs are more likely to need some level of emotional attention from the people in their lives.
ENTPs are more likely to need some level of intellectual admiration from people in their lives.

When you're in a bad place, ENTPs are more likely to support you by giving you advice on how to get out of it. They don't want to deal with the emotional side, and will invest their time in thinking up solutions for you.
ENFPs are more likely to support you by 'being there' for you to lean on. They are more likely to invest their time in hanging out with you, talking with you, or doing things to help take your mind off the problem.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Also if you get your feelings hurt about the criticism for the centered text, you're probably not an ENTP. I don't know why an NT would center their text unless they were trolling.
Yes, a ENTP would either brush it off or go biserk on the forum explaining how centered text allows for faster reading and if you didn't know that you're an idiot. Those are the only two options.

Also don't judge your type by which forums you hang out.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Lovely and very insightful thread! I kept getting ENFP on the tests as well, the badge didn't really stick though. After reading more widely and actually thinking about it, it was clear I was more ENTP.

@Xee appreciate the further breakdowns! More info is always appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
When you're in a bad place, ENTPs are more likely to support you by giving you advice on how to get out of it. They don't want to deal with the emotional side, and will invest their time in thinking up solutions for you.
ENFPs are more likely to support you by 'being there' for you to lean on. They are more likely to invest their time in hanging out with you, talking with you, or doing things to help take your mind off the problem.
Especially this I personally find as a deal breaker when it comes to being an ENTP or ENFP.

I also think that as ENTP we get easily bored of doing something when we have become good at it and constantly need new problems to solve. The ENFP also have something similar to this trait but I think it is more based on their "moods" and harmony. For ENTPS its about gathering knowledge and its not interesting once we get the concept of it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
True dat. Does anyone else find that this annoys the hell out of people though? I think it's one of the few things I do that people do NOT appreciate...yet I prefer when people treat me this way (giving solutions, working it out, rather than hugging me or emotionally supporting me--I actually don't feel comfortable with the touchy feely when there's a problem, as I feel like I'm wasting valuable time!).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Try taking a cognitive function test and finding out your enneagram. This will help us to type you. In the mean time:

A few differences between ENTPs and ENFPs:

ENTPs apply their Ne to new ideas and projects related to things (technology, hobbies, work).
ENFPs apply their Ne to new ideas and projects related to people (friends, relationships, family).

ENTPs are more likely to be described as charming and charismatic.
ENFPs are more likely to be described as bubbly and excitable.

ENFPs are more commonly observed using chatspeak. This is probably because they're constantly looking for new, fun ways to communicate with people.
It's more important to ENTPs that they come across as intelligent, and are more likely to be grammatically correct and logical in written conversations.

ENFPs are more likely to feel hurt or offended when their ideas, opinions or values are criticized or questioned.
ENTPs are more likely to be open minded to criticism and debate about personal things.

ENFPs seem to love everyone equally.
ENTPs seem to base how much they care about people on how valuable and loyal a person they are to the ENTP - emotion doesn't often come into it.

Unhealthy ENFPs are more likely to get revenge with blatant emotional manipulation.
Unhealthy ENTPs are more likely to get revenge with subtle psychological manipulation.

ENFPs are more likely to need some level of emotional attention from the people in their lives.
ENTPs are more likely to need some level of intellectual admiration from people in their lives.

Propaganda that would make me ENTP and I am close but certainly not

1 - 20 of 29 Posts