Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a movie,actor, band/singer, song or video game that you dislike so much that if you find out someone actually likes that movie, actor, band/singer, song or video game it has the power to change your opinion of that person? Even if it's briefly.

When I found out my husband liked the movie Water World it was like an atomic bomb went off in our relationship. Truly, how could I like someone who is even a Kevin Costner fan, much less someone who likes one of the worst movies ever made. I admit it lowered my opinion of him for a little while.

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a matter of personal taste, I don't like most of his movies. He plays himself in every movie, and while that works for me with some actors, whose personalities I find interesting, it doesn't work for me to watch him.

·
Registered
183 Posts
To name only a few:
spiritual self-help books, patriotic songs and marches, Estonian comedians, singing (with)politicians, everything even remotely related to the 'Twilight' series, romantic comedies as a favourite genre, boy bands (though if you think about it, even Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath etc. could be considered one), Estonian comedians, Shakira, Jennifer Aniston, Gregorian chant-inspired versions of modern pop and rock songs, Puff Daddy or P. Diddy or Diddy or whateverthefuck, World of Warcraft and oh yeah...Estonian comedians!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To name only a few:
spiritual self-help books, patriotic songs and marches, Estonian comedians, singing (with)politicians, everything even remotely related to the 'Twilight' series, romantic comedies as a favourite genre, boy bands (though if you think about it, even Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath etc. could be considered one), Estonian comedians, Shakira, Jennifer Aniston, Gregorian chant-inspired versions of modern pop and rock songs, Puff Daddy or P. Diddy or Diddy or whateverthefuck, World of Warcraft and oh yeah...Estonian comedians!
I am with you on a lot of this stuff, as long as LZ & BS are not included. I hate Jennifer Aniston movies. There is something about her voice that drives me up the wall, and when she does that puppy dog face I just want to scream. Plus, I really don't care about her love life. I'm not big on P-whatever his name is this week, or World of Warcraft either. I find Twilight wimpy (and sparkly). I don't think I know any Estonian Comedians, ...that seems to be a soar point with you.

Great Post.

Reactions: lovecraftianbeatles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, verily so. I despise The Room. For those who do not know it is a movie directed by Tommy Wiseau, and it's a horrible abomination of a film. As a person who enjoys a "bad movie" this movie was so bad I will never watch it ever again. If I ever see that film again it will be too soon and will gladly walk away from any place that decides it is funny to play it.

So when my friends decided it's bad enough that it's worth watching again, my opinion of them sank, and even when in a state of pure drunkenness, I refused to watch.

·
Registered
291 Posts
'Classic rock kids.' The ones that reminisce about things that happened 50 years before they were born. The ones that worship any music made before the 80s or 90s. This is only because I once was one, and am thus hypersensitive to the detached and distorted thinking it involves.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this is going to rub some people on here the wrong way, but when a grown man tells me he finds animated girls in sailor outfits sexy, I step away slowly. Until I find myself at a safe distance, then I run away laughing and pointing at them. What happened to the days when guys had half naked chicks in posters on their walls? That was bad enough, you thought he was a sexist pig, but you would still like him. To walk into a guys room and there are posters of animated chicks on their walls, that's just creepy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
People that find other's interests disgusting. Namely, OP. How arrogant and pretentious you make yourself sound. Is your opinion the "right way", the "end all, be all"? You come off as a haughty snob that likes to point your nose down at anyone that doesn't think the way you do. Come off your high horse and get back to reality.

*NEWS FLASH* People aren't you. So wake up and accept other people's opinions/views/lifestyles. What are you, a Christian? If I don't believe in Jesus, I'm going to hell? Excuse me, GiGi but how I feel about Kevin Costner as an ACTOR does NOT change how I live my life. Try focusing on something a little more substantial to "judge someone" instead of something so insignificant as an actor they like, music they enjoy, or whatever hell else you use to look down at someone.

I like Disney music, Miley Cyrus and Ducktales. I love surfing and I love perusing art museums. Go ahead, judge me, look down at me. Do you know me from those five things I've decided to reveal about myself? Go and figure me out from my "tastes".

·
Registered
79 Posts

@ Cindjor: People will be people, and if I want to be silly and immature and sort of laugh in the back of my head over the silliness of movies that consist of nothing but two hours of explosions in my opinion, then I will. I am not going to hate on those people forever if they tend to be decent people, and I won't stop being someone's friend because they liked Transformers.
It does not seem that it changed Gigi's opinion of her husband forever, it was just one of those cringe reflexes that we will get from time to time.
Anyways, another picture is needed in summary of this entire thread!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People that find other's interests disgusting. Namely, OP. How arrogant and pretentious you make yourself sound. Is your opinion the "right way", the "end all, be all"? You come off as a haughty snob that likes to point your nose down at anyone that doesn't think the way you do. Come off your high horse and get back to reality.

*NEWS FLASH* People aren't you. So wake up and accept other people's opinions/views/lifestyles. What are you, a Christian? If I don't believe in Jesus, I'm going to hell? Excuse me, GiGi but how I feel about Kevin Costner as an ACTOR does NOT change how I live my life. Try focusing on something a little more substantial to "judge someone" instead of something so insignificant as an actor they like, music they enjoy, or whatever hell else you use to look down at someone.

I like Disney music, Miley Cyrus and Ducktales. I love surfing and I love perusing art museums. Go ahead, judge me, look down at me. Do you know me from those five things I've decided to reveal about myself? Go and figure me out from my "tastes".
Bravo! Do you feel better?
Can we get on with a bit of fun, which is what this post was suppose to be. I obviously don't believe someone who likes Miley Cyrus should be taken out and publicly flogged or that it's the deciding factor as to if someone should be loved. As, I married the guy who likes Water World.
Perhaps you misunderstood a post I made or you're having a bad day.Perhaps this thread is not substantial enough for you. No worries.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts