Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Do you play mind games?
If yes,
2. Which games? Give as many as you can/want to.
3. Why do you play such?
4. Gender/sex, age, and Type.

Let's get this on.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
No thanks.

Reactions: EnigmaticMan

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
1. Do you play mind games?
If yes,
2. Which games? Give as many as you can/want to.
3. Why do you play such?
4. Gender/sex, age, and Type

Let's get this on.
1. No. Mind games are a form of emotional evasion designed to manipulate the other person without developing any intimacy with them. I try and avoid doing this on both a conscious and unconscious level.
2. N/A
3. I'll let you know why I don't do such. Because a relationship is a mature meeting of the minds in which two people mutually decide they find things of interest and value in the other. Games get in the way of two people being authentic in favour of artificially induced excitement. I prefer authenticity.
4. Female\female\old enough to know better\intj

·
Registered
961 Posts
I used to when I was like 16, then I realized they do absolutely nothing for me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had to read this before answering, I'm just that bad at understanding romantic relationships. I hope I answered properly. :unsure:

1. I have been accused for playing mind games on people, men and women, but I don't think I do.
Example, I am not playing hard to get, I am hard to get. And oblivious to flirting, very oblivious. I just think people want to be nice to me. So not on purpose.
2. "Giving the impression you have interest and then play hard to get." "You never call."
3. I'm flirty by nature, but I very rarely have actual romantic interest. I just want be nice to people. Besides most things are just more exciting than relationship hassle, like cake. I'm engaged now though, so these misunderstandings don't happen that often.
4. Asexual Male/21/ENTP

·
Registered
963 Posts
what do you mean? if you are speaking of flirting with someone I like, obviously I can try (if I'm able or not to do it is another story)
If you are speaking of playing with the emotions of people, deceiving them or exploiting their feelings, no.
A big no.
At least not intentionally.
It is one of the worst thing to do for me.
I don't hate many things but this is one of the stuff I really hate.
I've problem with my emotions, I'm quite detached from them but when I feel something it is always childish/naive, pure and very strong, and if someone plays with me around my emotion, I can become really confuse and it can destroy me.
So I would never do the same to somebody else.

I am female and INTP

·
Registered
963 Posts
@Sharkcorn thank you for the link, I hadn't understood well the meaning of "mind games" too.

Let me see them one by one:

Doesn’t call.
it is very very difficult that I call someone. In general. I hate the phone and everybody knows it. My status on whatsapp, for example, is something like "I never answer to texts instantanely. Or soon. Sometime I forget it. Please be patient." But I can call you sometime if I really like you. So, no, if I like you it is probably that I call you. If I don't call you maybe I like you but I'm not playing any game. I just hate the telephone.

Plays “hard to get.”
I'm always hard to get, I'm an introverted person. I don't like too much to socialize. But if I'm fond of somebody it is very probable that I will be very available for that person only. So, it is the contrary.

Disappears after sex.
No! wtf! When you are in love with somebody you don't disappear after sex. And I have never had sex with someone I didn't love. It simply desn't work for me. I don't get excited if I'm not in love with someone.

Expects you to be a mind reader.
no! I hate this attitude. I don't understand what the others think if they don't tell me. It is one of the things that have always made me feel different from the other women. Women, in general, seem to understand what the others want and they seems to think that this is a proof of love. If a person doesn't read their mind it means that he doesn't love them. I don't understand it. I've always fighted with my mother for this reason. It has been difficult to make her understand that I am simply not able to read the mind of other people, neither the ones I don't love, nor the ones I love.
Luckily I'm a woman and usually men are less exigents on this point and more direct, so I've never had many problems in this field.
Anyway, if I think or want something I will tell you.

Regularly “breaks-up” with you.
this is quite stupid.
Why should I break-up with someone I love?
Just for the drama?
Omg... I hate dramas...

Presents ultimatums.
No ultimatums. Everybody is free to do what they want.
I can't demand anything to the person I love.
I do what I want, he will do what he want.
We will support and love each other, but we are two indipendent individuals, so giving ultimatum is really pointless.
Giving an ultimatum is like doing an extortion. Which kind of pleasure would I get from someone that it is made just because an ultimatum?

Ok, if these are the mind games, no, I don't do them and I don't like them.
Actually, I don't understand them.
If someone used them with me I would simply think that he is not interested in me, so I would probably give up with him.

·
Registered
596 Posts
1. Do you play mind games? Yes

2. Which games? Brood Wars

3. Why do you play such? Stimulation

4. Gender/sex, age, and Type? Male, 25, INTP

----
No, I don't play mind games in relationships unless I want them to leave.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I have been predisposed towards them but lately see they are creations of the egoic mind and hence have been trying to cut down on them. Mostly going well, mostly.

Agender/female/21/unsure.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I'll tease people and mess with them to a very limited degree, but that's about it.

Just not really my style. I like to know where I'm standing, so I try to do others the same courtesy.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used to when I was like 16, then I realized they do absolutely nothing for me.
From my perspective, this is good to hear.

To everyone,
The question was triggered by someone who seems to be toying with my emotions, not respecting my time, and since I am into finding answers for my confusions I went into researching.

Some of what he does seems mind game-ish. (Not the mind games which seeks to improve your mind's ability, thank you ;)

I am still figuring out if he is toying with me/not. Being in a relationship is foreign to me so I have to research my way through it. This thread is informative so far. Thanks for all the answers. Keep em coming :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had to read this before answering, I'm just that bad at understanding romantic relationships. I hope I answered properly. :unsure:

1. I have been accused for playing mind games on people, men and women, but I don't think I do.
Example, I am not playing hard to get, I am hard to get. And oblivious to flirting, very oblivious. I just think people want to be nice to me. So not on purpose.
2. "Giving the impression you have interest and then play hard to get." "You never call."
3. I'm flirty by nature, but I very rarely have actual romantic interest. I just want be nice to people. Besides most things are just more exciting than relationship hassle, like cake. I'm engaged now though, so these misunderstandings don't happen that often.
4. Asexual Male/21/ENTP
Interesting. An asexual male who is engaged. I didn't know this was possible. Any plans of having sex in the future?
And you're 21. Hm. You found the one! :) Good. I use "the one" bec of the lack of better terms.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what do you mean? if you are speaking of flirting with someone I like, obviously I can try (if I'm able or not to do it is another story)
If you are speaking of playing with the emotions of people, deceiving them or exploiting their feelings, no.
A big no.
At least not intentionally.
It is one of the worst thing to do for me.
I don't hate many things but this is one of the stuff I really hate.
I've problem with my emotions, I'm quite detached from them but when I feel something it is always childish/naive, pure and very strong, and if someone plays with me around my emotion, I can become really confuse and it can destroy me.
So I would never do the same to somebody else.

I am female and INTP
Very relatable.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1. Do you play mind games? Yes

2. Which games? Brood Wars

3. Why do you play such? Stimulation

4. Gender/sex, age, and Type? Male, 25, INTP

----
No, I don't play mind games in relationships unless I want them to leave.

I like the humour. Good read.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Sharkcorn thank you for the link, I hadn't understood well the meaning of "mind games" too.

Let me see them one by one:

it is very very difficult that I call someone. In general. I hate the phone and everybody knows it. My status on whatsapp, for example, is something like "I never answer to texts instantanely. Or soon. Sometime I forget it. Please be patient." But I can call you sometime if I really like you. So, no, if I like you it is probably that I call you. If I don't call you maybe I like you but I'm not playing any game. I just hate the telephone.

I'm always hard to get, I'm an introverted person. I don't like too much to socialize. But if I'm fond of somebody it is very probable that I will be very available for that person only. So, it is the contrary.

No! wtf! When you are in love with somebody you don't disappear after sex. And I have never had sex with someone I didn't love. It simply desn't work for me. I don't get excited if I'm not in love with someone.

no! I hate this attitude. I don't understand what the others think if they don't tell me. It is one of the things that have always made me feel different from the other women. Women, in general, seem to understand what the others want and they seems to think that this is a proof of love. If a person doesn't read their mind it means that he doesn't love them. I don't understand it. I've always fighted with my mother for this reason. It has been difficult to make her understand that I am simply not able to read the mind of other people, neither the ones I don't love, nor the ones I love.
Luckily I'm a woman and usually men are less exigents on this point and more direct, so I've never had many problems in this field.
Anyway, if I think or want something I will tell you.

this is quite stupid.
Why should I break-up with someone I love?
Just for the drama?
Omg... I hate dramas...

No ultimatums. Everybody is free to do what they want.
I can't demand anything to the person I love.
I do what I want, he will do what he want.
We will support and love each other, but we are two indipendent individuals, so giving ultimatum is really pointless.
Giving an ultimatum is like doing an extortion. Which kind of pleasure would I get from someone that it is made just because an ultimatum?

Ok, if these are the mind games, no, I don't do them and I don't like them.
Actually, I don't understand them.
If someone used them with me I would simply think that he is not interested in me, so I would probably give up with him.
Again, very relatable.
I'm thinking of the same.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't like the idea of games. To me, it's just a waste of time, and it's no fun pursuing someone when they aren't reciprocating.

I want to dance, not become a roadrunner for someone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.