Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Based on experience)

Sorry if this isn't good enough

INFJ - Imaginative and realistic about potential inspiring or heroic role. Able to idealize self's qualities and have almost absolute patience in order to protect loved ones as well as fight the superficial aspects of life. Accommodating,warm and generous. Exceptional ethics in guarding the weak. Often hides actual rage about being overlooked or being taken advantage of.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
(Based on experience)

INFJ - Imaginative and realistic about potential inspiring or heroic role. Able to idealize self's qualities and have almost absolute patience in order to protect loved ones as well as fight the superficial aspects of life. Accommodating,warm and generous. Exceptional ethics in guarding the weak. Often hides actual rage about being overlooked or being taken advantage of.
You really like us, don't you?

Thanks. :proud:

Not sure if it applies to all INFJs, but it's just so gosh darn nice that I like it anyway. :happy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really like us, don't you?

Thanks. :proud:

Not sure if it applies to all INFJs, but it's just so gosh darn nice that I like it anyway. :happy:
Hahahaha I've been lurking around INFJ and ISTJ forums lately :crazy:

INFJ because my first love is INFJ.

ISTJ because my ex is ISTJ and he's still in my life.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
You got me inspired to write up a general description for INFJ's. Let's try it!
INFJ's more than anything want to fit in. They want to feel like their opinions matter. When looking at a person, they don't see them for their faults or shortcomings, but for what they could potentially be. INFJ's idealize everything in their life. They hate conflict and usually stay away from getting into the middle of it. But the INFJ will also be there to protect anyone who they see as helpless.
Meh, I could do better if I put more thought into it. Oh well.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can even try and summarize some aspect of him in my own words;

Him - ''I like the idea of being someone's hero even though I can get too lazy to socialize. Love is something that has to be pure and complete for me, because I am very tolerant, patient and I love the feeling of being needed. I like to imagine greatly and feel things deeply, but I don't want to hurt people with irrationality. I hate being overlooked and a lot of times it has made me angry in a way that I find hard to express unless I'm totally provoked. I like a private life because I can't be bothered with too much drama and complexity. Show me that I am still a star in your life and I'll always stay.''

·
Registered
30 Posts
really nice write up entertwert-Yes. that made sense. I feel really good about who I am when I am helping others-particularly those who cannot help themselves. I am attracted to those who have been mistreated and continue to suffer at the hand-or actions of others. I do not like conflict and really try to stay away from getting involved in any dispute or listening to it transpire. I don't like my groups to mix-that also makes me uncomfortable and I get really seriously involved in what I am doing and don't like to be distracted from it-and I love to do something that means something-in fact-I have to do things for a meaningful purpose-or what's the point-I am also that way with coffee-has to be purely black-no cream or sugar. I like to get to the source of the things that upset me-or what I want to know more about-I want to get exact information conveyed-or again-it means nothing. I want to save a person from himself-but at the same time-know that with my own experience-getting to know who I am-means I relate to my world in my way and that is valuable-I cannot save anyone no matter how badly I want to shield them from harm-but I still want to. Thanks for this insight.

·
Registered
191 Posts
(Based on experience)

This is very thoughtful, thanks!

Can I please ask what your definition of "weak" is? I ask because I usually never gravitate to that word when it comes to categorizing people. It feels like such a debasing kind of phrase. Put into context, I've always found that in people, any perceived (actual or imaginary) weakness is a manifestation of something they choose not to do. I view what they choose not to do as something that they have control over - whether conscious or subconscious - and that control is something that, by definition, does not make them weak. What I'm trying to say is that in my life, I've only called a person weak once. And by weak, I really meant weak willed. So I just wanted your views on what that word means to you (or anyone, really). You can save someone from themselves, and I try to do this as much as I can for the people I love, but I don't view that as me helping a weak person. I view it more as me helping someone realize the person they can really be.

·
Registered
410 Posts

Can I please ask what your definition of "weak" is? I ask because I usually never gravitate to that word when it comes to categorizing people. It feels like such a debasing kind of phrase. Put into context, I've always found that in people, any perceived (actual or imaginary) weakness is a manifestation of something they choose not to do. I view what they choose not to do as something that they have control over - whether conscious or subconscious - and that control is something that, by definition, does not make them weak. What I'm trying to say is that in my life, I've only called a person weak once. And by weak, I really meant weak willed. So I just wanted your views on what that word means to you (or anyone, really). You can save someone from themselves, and I try to do this as much as I can for the people I love, but I don't view that as me helping a weak person. I view it more as me helping someone realize the person they can really be.
I absolutely relate to this. I'm sure it's just semantics but I do not use "weak" lightly and I don't much bother with people who I would consider befitting that term.

i believe I understand your use of it @Raichan and I like your brief description very much!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I absolutely relate to this. I'm sure it's just semantics but I do not use "weak" lightly and I don't much bother with people who I would consider befitting that term.

i believe I understand your use of it @Raichan and I like your brief description very much!
Wow, old post. I forgot I wrote this.

I should put the note that some of my worldviews do evolve over time compared to when I wrote that a few years ago. I am in a different place now, but I do agree with certain parts of the description - such as the guard against superficial aspects part. I can be, but I'd like to think I learnt more about balance compared to in the past.

I think the word,'' underdog'' is better instead of ''weak.''

1 - 9 of 9 Posts