Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

This forum has been great to find. Like so many other people who have posted here, i find it reassuring that there are actually people like me in the world. I saw a couple of videos today and it was remarkable how familiar other INFJs speech cadence and facial expressions seem--as if it is me in some other persons body, speaking back to me.

I have known for about 15 years about my personality profile as a INFJ, and I remember my first thought:

Perfect-- I won't identify with anyone.

I have been struggling lately about how I fit into society, or actually if I can fit into society? I started thinking back about my personality profile and thought I would test myself again. It came out the same. So, I started to research INFJs and came across this site as well as many others.

I am finding it hard to find work. I quit my job of 13 years in February. I was a manager for Trader Joe's
I quit because, in my opinion, Trader Joe's has stopped adhering to their own espoused values--and expected me to compromise my own, which I can not do. I can not seem to separate my values from my work--as others are able to do. I would appreciate any advice one could give me on this.

I would love to know other INFJs here in Minneapolis/St Paul.

Thanks a lot.
Rich

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum! I'm not an INFJ but I'm also from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Sorry to hear about your job situation. Hopefully you'll be able to find something soon more in line with your values.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Well, hello and welcome, fellow INFJ! Standing behind values all the way...definitly INFJ! I'm sure with such conviction that you have, it will not be long before another job is found! :happy:

Reactions: richwanket

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome..another INFJ! I do hope you find a good fit for your employment!
I refuse to compromise too!
Blessings~Bella

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm an INFJ from MN too! I live just south of the Twin Cities, although for the last year and a half i've been working in North Dakota so i'm only home for a few days every other month.

Just curious, I LOVE Trader Joe's, is there something about them I am not aware of?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi Rich, not from Minnesota but glad to welcome another INFJ Gen Xer. Best wishes on your job search. It's awfully tough right now in the job market despite what we're being told.

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
Hi there! Welcome to the forum; I hope you'll have a great time here!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts