Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a question.
How does one interpret an INTP, fascinating as they are, who also has Asperger? He is the most interesting fellow, who throws my mind through a ringer of complex wonder. I am an ISFP. I cannot lie. I held a slight crush once upon a time. However, I am one who if a response within a certain amount of time isn't reciprocated, i move on. To me, it is a waste of time to pine when I could spend my energy observing the world elsewhere.

Although, I do love enjoy a bright analytical perspective.

So if you would indulge, answer me this.

Why is it that we would text long chapters of back and forth, but now, he does not ever text? Out of the blue, however, upon the wake of spring break of my college semester, he decided to come visit me... then nothing- again. He invites me to come visit in the summer- but never bothers checking on me. I question if I should keep investing in our friendship? Yet when we are together, he acts as if I am one of the closest friends he's ever had that relates at an emotional level. So why does he disappear?

Not to misunderstand my intention of the following comment... But he is very touchy with me, which I originally thought he liked me, but he leaves it to me to keep up with him (one-sided) when apart. Thus, I have the impression that he did not really mean the affection... how do interpret all this?

I am not great at keeping up with people unless i think they are worth my time.. I actually thought that he would be good, because he challenges my intellect... but i don't like to invest if i think they are going to make me do all the work.. Should i keep trying? How do i interpret this INTP guy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
growing up, i had trouble initiating with people because i was worried about bugging them or coming across as needy. i was afraid to appear pathetic and undersocialized, so i assumed an aloof demeanor and allowed others to intiiate the majority of the time. also, i spend a lot of time in my fantasy world, so i tend to lose track of time/relationships.
i don't know how clear you made it that you are interested in him, but there is a chance that he is still unaware. i was never good with hints or subtleties. pretty sure that that would go with the territory of being aspergers. there have been many times in my life when a person would hint at me that they were sexually/romantically interested in me and i would wave off the impression with an internal dialogue that goes somewhat like: "no, of course they don't like you. it's all in your head because who could possibly like you? i mean, look at you." i have spent most of my life consumed in deep feelings of inadequacy, but he is his own person, so he may be different. just trying to reveal a possibility to you, as an INTP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts