Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well .. I really used this forum's Tri-type test as a guide to my own tri-type --- a starting point so to speak. My first result was a 6w5, but I couldn't relate to the description at the time.

Then for a while, I started testing as a 2 but then when I read the descriptions I was like -- "This is NOT me!" with such a passion that I surprised myself. Started relating to 6 again on my own.

Once I had a better idea of MBTI, I decided to retake the test and answer the questions based on the frame of mind I had achieved when I was at my absolute happiest. I imagined myself as the guy answering the questions as I would've 11 years ago.

And this time, I came out 6w5, 9w8 and 3w2 ... I read up the 6w5 descriptions -- matched them to Type 6 ENFJ's - read Timeless' articles in the sub-section.. couldn't figure out my wing. Then it was just a matter of reading and relating --- reading and relating - and talking to other Type 6's in the forum. Soon I realized I was a 6w7 [which is the more social and outgoing wing of 6 than compared to the cerebral 5].

Anyways --- the best way to really relate to enneagrams is to fully understand the descriptions ---

Also, bear in mind that sometimes people make the mistake of trying to relate directly to the healthiest level of the enneagrams. I would suggest start in reverse order --- relate from the unhealthiest to the healthiest so that you don't over-look the possibility of being somewhere in the middle.

Also, of course talking to people really helps. I get my friends to tell me if they see certain characteristics in me based on the descriptions I share with them. I sometimes test some friends by sharing descriptions that don't relate to me and see if they say they do or don't. The consensus is that I'm an ambiverted Counter-phobic Type 6w7 xNFJ. It took me 3 months to fully figure this out - but quest alone kept me so busy and motivated, that I didn't have anything else to worry about :)
Thank you for sharing. I took the quiz a few times and I got: 6w5, 3w2, 1w9

·
Registered
18,168 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I took the quiz a few times and I got: 6w5, 3w2, 1w9
Here's my bookmarks of Type 6 articles. Hope these help [feel free to ignore the ones you've already read]:

Personality Types: Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 6 - Enneagram and Myers Briggs
^^ This article helps Type 6's figure out how they can potentially mistype as other types

The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 6: Security-Seeker
^^ This was a very comprehensive resource that really put things into perspective recently]

Type 6 – The Enneagram Loyal Realist | Karen Armstrong - Inside Out |

Sorry if you've read all these articles -- but I thought I'd throw in my suggestions with my opinions :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here's my bookmarks of Type 6 articles. Hope these help [feel free to ignore the ones you've already read]:

Personality Types: Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 6 - Enneagram and Myers Briggs
^^ This article helps Type 6's figure out how they can potentially mistype as other types

The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 6: Security-Seeker
^^ This was a very comprehensive resource that really put things into perspective recently]

Type 6 – The Enneagram Loyal Realist | Karen Armstrong - Inside Out |

Sorry if you've read all these articles -- but I thought I'd throw in my suggestions with my opinions :)
Thank you so much darling :) Appreciated it.

·
Registered
18,168 Posts
Thank you so much darling :) Appreciated it.
Heh ... at least kept you busy for about half an hour something -- and if that keeps you distracted for a bit -- achievement earned

lol ... 6's are a real handful Kels .. The most doubtful, sceptical, chaotic and yet loyal bunch of people around. I know a few in this forum - and we're all pretty chaotic together.

A circle of trust, love and security is what completes a 6 imo.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Heh ... at least kept you busy for about half an hour something -- and if that keeps you distracted for a bit -- achievement earned

lol ... 6's are a real handful Kels .. The most doubtful, sceptical, chaotic and yet loyal bunch of people around. I know a few in this forum - and we're all pretty chaotic together.

A circle of trust, love and security is what completes a 6 imo.
Thanks :) And I took the test a few times but kept getting the 6w5...so that is telling me something, I believe? One of the main thing about me is I'm always growing. And I will never stop growing because it's a part of me. So I know the type 2 didn't fit me well even though I'm a helper, I feel like there is much more then that. So I'm seeing where I stand and what feel right for me. :)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
It seems almost every INFJ fights a battle of fear and courage at least once in their life and probably for most of it..
They fight a battle of trust and self protection.
They seek to connect, but do so with caution.
Type 6 is dichotomy personified.
Type 6 is the natural intuitive.
It seems a natural fit.. Although type 4 seems to be the most correlated to INFJ .. Type 6's and 4's are the most common types to mistype as each other.

·
Registered
18,168 Posts
Thanks :) And I took the test a few times but kept getting the 6w5...so that is telling me something, I believe? One of the main thing about me is I'm always growing. And I will never stop growing because it's a part of me. So I know the type 2 didn't fit me well even though I'm a helper, I feel like there is much more then that. So I'm seeing where I stand and what feel right for me. :)
One of the first things about 6's that worried me when I first typed myself was this whole concept of "Self-doubt" .. I had always been the most self-assured individual in my life --- until recently.

After recent study, I realized that I wasn't self-doubting early on because all my needs were being met --- those of having a strong authority to relate to [my sheltered home life], and love [from both my parents], which gave me strong feelings of security - which basically meant that I had lived most of my life as a healthy 6 with the positive traits of 9 as I had inner peace.

The accident and emotional abuse during my marriage took that peace away and I plummeted to the unhealthiest levels of a 6 and started taking on traits of the 3.

The 6 chaos is pretty common. None of the 6's I talk to ever seem to be sure about themselves - yet, they'd be sure of being unsure if you know what I mean. They'd be so sure in their scepticism that they'd end up doubting doubt itself. Assurance is a requirement of the 6 - and many 6's won't even admit to that.

Also, 6's are very likely to mistype as 2's :) The first article I shared has some suggestions why.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've been experiencing this feeling alot lately...and it's unsettling. :/ Especially as an extroverted type, I keep having the constant need to be connect to people at the most inconvenient times. Or rather, I just want to feel understood and at peace with people. My enneagram type is 6w5 3w2 9w1 and unfortunately I just feel desperately misunderstood most of the time. Even with my old best friends that I trust I have difficulty connecting with due to long distance.

Maybe it's because right now I am at the most insecure position of my life. I'm trying to live on my own and establish independence, being unsure of how to pay for college, while still remaining academically competitive, and wanting to belong in my community... doing this all by myself without someone to rely on is all taking a toll on my mentality I think.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
One of the first things about 6's that worried me when I first typed myself was this whole concept of "Self-doubt" .. I had always been the most self-assured individual in my life --- until recently.

After recent study, I realized that I wasn't self-doubting early on because all my needs were being met --- those of having a strong authority to relate to [my sheltered home life], and love [from both my parents], which gave me strong feelings of security - which basically meant that I had lived most of my life as a healthy 6 with the positive traits of 9 as I had inner peace.

The accident and emotional abuse during my marriage took that peace away and I plummeted to the unhealthiest levels of a 6 and started taking on traits of the 3.

The 6 chaos is pretty common. None of the 6's I talk to ever seem to be sure about themselves - yet, they'd be sure of being unsure if you know what I mean. They'd be so sure in their scepticism that they'd end up doubting doubt itself. Assurance is a requirement of the 6 - and many 6's won't even admit to that.

Also, 6's are very likely to mistype as 2's :) The first article I shared has some suggestions why.
That make a lot of sense. And the articles really helped. Thank you again so much :) And have a happy Halloween <3

·
Registered
18,168 Posts
That make a lot of sense. And the articles really helped. Thank you again so much :) And have a happy Halloween <3
Oh yah! You too girl ... I'm off trick or treating with the kiddies tonight despite the misgivings of my sis ... lol .. probably gonna have a bit of a war before or after the event --- but that's just my intuition going crazy as always :)

Enjoy --- Any plans?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Oh yah! You too girl ... I'm off trick or treating with the kiddies tonight despite the misgivings of my sis ... lol .. probably gonna have a bit of a war before or after the event --- but that's just my intuition going crazy as always :)

Enjoy --- Any plans?
Sounds like fun and I'm working but were getting off early and just going to pass out candy. :)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I agree with @Clairetic

Or maybe your spirituality is upon a new cusp, @KelseyT and you don't know it... it could be that... sometimes when you reach a certain point, a feeling of not being satisfied can emerge and more is needed.

But it could be a combination of both... we seek for companionship, to find ourselves in others and then by finding that "connection" we FEEL more connected within. well at least it's something to think about.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I agree with @Clairetic

Or maybe your spirituality is upon a new cusp, @KelseyT and you don't know it... it could be that... sometimes when you reach a certain point, a feeling of not being satisfied can emerge and more is needed.

But it could be a combination of both... we seek for companionship, to find ourselves in others and then by finding that "connection" we FEEL more connected within. well at least it's something to think about.
It could be both, because I'm always growing and I'm always looking for something more then what I have now and I mean spirituality wise.

·
Registered
18,168 Posts
It could be both, because I'm always growing and I'm always looking for something more then what I have now and I mean spirituality wise.
Wow ... you sound like an ENFJ friend of mine I've been talking to a lot lately. On the outside, it seems like she has everything yet there's an inherent pull to want something more - and keep wanting it. It's a question I keep asking myself as well --- there's got to be more --- Some people consider this a void and fall into a trap of trying to fill it with all kinds of mumbo jumbo nonsense, or material possessions, but I think that that desire to want more is what makes us continue to work harder to carry on.

I dunno if this might be true or not - but I've realized at 30 that I may always continue to want that something more to fill my life - but I've also just recently started believing that it is that want that motivates me, drives me to continue to grow [as you put it]. Some things seem better before I get them but that doesn't mean that I downplay their worth when I do get them. However, it is a matter of personal satisfaction.

Recently I asked myself the question: "Could it be the drive for inner peace itself that keeps me going?" The way I see it is if I do reach a point of complete inner peace, then that could mean that I've lived out my life fully and that I'm ready to die. Therefore, for me, the pursuit of inner peace is part of my growth. It's the fuel behind my ambitions and the driving force behind my actions.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I don't usually feel like something is missing in my life. I do wish I used my time more wisely and could spend more time with my friends (especially those who are long distance), but it doesn't really feel like an emptiness.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whenever I feel my life is standing still is when I feel something is missing. I've often mistaken this for a need to be around other people. While that need is very real (and I need to pursue it more), it's really the energy that I'm missing. With that energy, I feel that I'm in the driver's seat and can create my own momentum.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.