Personality Cafe banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I first took a personality test many years ago in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II and tested as INFJ. I knew nothing about personality theory, but it didn't seem to fit that well. I took it a couple of years later and tested as INTJ, and many things have confimred that, so I'm confident that if MBTI has any meaning at all, then I'm an INTJ.

When I tested as INFJ I had young children and was working at a boarding school, so my life revolved around helping people and focusing on their well-being and emotional states. Also, as a woman I knew I was supposed to care about that stuff a lot. I think those factors skewed my answers. I was TRYING to be an INFJ, but it didn't stick.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have almost zero Fe and Ne isn't far behind. :laughing: That said, if I test while I'm on a Fi bender, I can skew the results toward INFP quite easily. Hubby says my emotional capacity is better represented in everyday life now that I've broken away from my dysfunctional family.

Look at your life and yourself when you're at your most healthy -- when you're comfortable with the rhythms -- and see where you land.

Unfortunately, many mistake Fi on its own to be equal to the INFP as a whole. This leads to unnecessary stereotyping. (I.e., either you're an INFP or you're one of the other types with Fi.) Funneled down, it's just typism. Unintelligent typism.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
For me, I pretty much always test INTJ. The tests, I would say, are neither reliable nor have very high validity, so I take test scores lightly. Anyways, upon further research I strongly considered INFP. Same as the OP, as I learned more about Ne I realized that was not even remotely me. Then after a while I went to consider ISFP, as we at least have the same cognitive functions. Nope, still an INTJ.

I think, personally, I have more trouble with enneagram than figuring out MBTI. Mostly because being a type 2 INTJ is, well, irregular. However, I think that enneagram played a role in my questioning of my type as well as describes why I am more of an outlier in the INTJ bell graph in certain areas.

I think Assertive VS Turbulent plays a role in shaping us as well.

·
Registered
INTJ-A
6 Posts
I remembered once I mistyped as infp, mainly because I was undergoing a Ni-Fi loop (before my knowledge in the functions and loops.) and I tested as infp.

After I learned the function well enough, I don't se(e) any Ne in myself at all.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts