Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but anyway.
Don't let me down and answer this! LOL

Mitchell: ISTJ
Cameron: ENFP or ENFJ (my favourite character)
Jake: ESFP
Gloria: ESFJ
Claire: ISFJ? i dislike her soooo much
Phil: ESTJ? not so sure about him
Manny: ENFJ?
I can't type Claire and Phil kids because I haven't watched it that long, and because, sincerely, I'm not interested in their family xDD not that much!

Reactions: virgilio2203

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Mitchell seems very focused on justice (e.g. when he told off the kid that claimed Manny's poem as his).

He might be a sensor, I don't know. He just seems to have that ENTJ take-charge way about him.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I agree with most of your typings, TheWaffle.

Though I'd put Phil as ESFP and Luke as ESTP. Phil bases most of his decisions on feeling but is still an obvious Se user. I guess Luke could go either way (ESTP or ISTP), but I think some of the stunts he pulls are based more on getting external validation. Gloria seems to be EXFJ..obvious Fe dominant. Leaning towards intuitive mainly because she's kind of quirky and makes internal connections, but at the same time she does place a lot of emphasis on tradition, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gloria is ESFP I think.
I can't type Jake very well. Phil is an ESTP i think, still he's very annoying in my opinion
Claire is the worst character. Sure SJ

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great post!! I also think that Manny is an ENFJ because I can relate to him a lot (duhhh).. he's trying always to do the right thing and you see his Fe/Ni expressing constantly.. He also gets offended quickly..There are not a lot of fictional ENFJ characters out there.. not fair :(

Also Claire is obviously a ESTJ, both my mom and my oldest sister are ESTJ, and they LOVE controlling everything.. I think Phil is more of a ENFP because he is normally distracted, forgetting things (Ne) and his Fi is what portraits him as a loving dad/husband.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry, gotta bump this one :p. I just started watching this show last week on Netflix, finished season 2.

I agree with most of these.

Mitchell...classic ISTJ, in the relationship with Cameron, his opposite (ENFP or ESFP). I find both of these characters annoying, but the relational dynamic is funny.

Jay...classic ESTJ. You see more of the N as the show progresses, but his preference is to be straightforward and "stuck in his ways". Is probably pretty close on I/E too.

Gloria...ExFx...very high E and F, she is both open and also cherishes traditions. Also very definite and wants stability like a J, but there is a side of her that is spontaneous. Tough to type.

Manny...such a cute little INFJ awwww.

Phil...classic ESTP. Also reminds me of my ESTP uncle, who is also named Phil haha. He is very spontaneous and fun-loving, but not enough F to keep him from thinking about others before he acts

Claire....ESFJ...she can be snarky at times like a T, but she is very thoughtful and friendly in her decision making. Definitely a stabilizer in that crazy house haha.

Haley...ESFx who will probably solidify her J as she gets older. She often compared to Claire when she was younger.

Alex...INTJ (definitely reminds me of myself when I was her age)

Luke...I really get an INTP vibe from this kid. He is definitely "off in his own world" and very inventive. His gifts probably have not manifested at his age yet, so people see him as "weird."

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Jay - ESTJ
Gloria - ENFJ
Manny - INFJ
Mitchell - ISTJ
Cameron - ENFP
Phil - ESFP
Claire - ESFJ
Hailey - Not enough character development to type
Alex - INTJ
Luke - IXTP

Reactions: Black Hole

·
Registered
697 Posts
Mitchell-ISTJ maybe ISFJ

Cam-ENFP-

Jay ISTJ maybe ESTJ

Gloria ESFJ

Claire -ESTJ

Phil -ESFP

Manny-ENFJ

Haley- ESTP or ESFP

Alex-INTP or INTJ

Luke-ESTP when the show first started he was more ISTP

Lily?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Phil strikes me as IxFP. He only seems extroverted because he's always around his family.

·
Registered
444 Posts
After going through the thread, reading an article, and consolidating the parts that made the most sense, I think this is our best bet:

Claire - ESTJ
Phil - ESFP
Luke - ESTP
Alex - INTJ
Haley - ESTP
Jay - ISTP
Gloria - ESFJ
Manny - ENFJ
Mitchell - ISTJ
Cam - ENFJ

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Mitchell: ISTJ
Cameron: ENFP
Jay: ESTP (wow anyone who thinks he is led by Te as opposed to Se, please show me examples).
Gloria: ENFJ
Claire: ESTJ
Phil: INFP or even ENFP possibilities.
Alex: INTJ
Luke: IXTP
Manny: ENFJ
Haley: ESFP

·
Registered
201 Posts
Phil is too flakey to be a ESTP he is either an ENFP or ENTP. He is more emotional than most men. He is also always trying crazy things.

Claire is totally a T. She is always told that she is "unfeeling" She is aggressive people who are F have regard for people's feelings.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts