Personality Cafe banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Full typing,
alex is intj for sure imo
Claire isfj with low fe (my isfj mom acts exactly like her and has poor developed fe)
Gloria esfj possible esfp
haley esfp
luke estp
Phil enfp
jay istp
Manny infj?
Cam exfx honestly dont pay attention enough to his charachter to know
Mitchell estj

Anyone know what woody is?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Could Claire be an ISTJ ? Women are encouraged to be more Fe'ish and might act that way to some extent but it's not true Fe.
Claire I think stresses over not having more control over things and I'm starting to doubt she's such a Te dom.Aux Te might be more inclined to use it where they can but it's not as effortless as it would be with Dom Te.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
For enneagrams

Jay 9w8?
Gloria 8w7
Manny 4w3
Mitchell 3w4 -I use to think he was 6w5 but would a 6 change jobs so often? Phil fretted over that more than Mitchell does.Plus he and Cam try to keep up with the Jones's in a way
Cam 2w3
Lily 7w8?
Claire 1w2
Phil 6w7?
Haley 3w2
Alex 5w6
Luke 7w8?

Andy I haven't tried to type yet and I need to catch up on some of the recent episodes but I did like the Christmas episode.
Now THAT'S interesting :p

Jay- I'd agree on 9w8, or even 8w9. Either of those.
Gloria- 2w3 to the max who goes into an 8 rampage at times.
Manny- yas 4w3, and a greaat example of one who isn't a depressive one like the stereotypes might suggest.
Mitchell- I think being a 6 isn't related with replacing your job; if one feels unprotected in his job he might change it. I think 6w5 is right. I'd say 1 over 3.
Cam- 2w3 as well, in a different way. I think Cam is an ENFP while Gloria is an ESFJ, so while they share an enneagram type they are quite different. Thinking about it, he might be 7w6?
Lily- lmao she's a little young I think. 8?
Claire- 1w2.
Phil- agreed on 6w7, perhaps 7w6.
Haley- I think 3w2 makes sense.
Alex- maybe 5w6, but I think she could be 3w4 as well.
Luke- yeah 7w8 :D

Andy.. Gosh, maybe 9w1? 2w1?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Now THAT'S interesting :p

Jay- I'd agree on 9w8, or even 8w9. Either of those.
Gloria- 2w3 to the max who goes into an 8 rampage at times.
Manny- yas 4w3, and a greaat example of one who isn't a depressive one like the stereotypes might suggest.
Mitchell- I think being a 6 isn't related with replacing your job; if one feels unprotected in his job he might change it. I think 6w5 is right. I'd say 1 over 3.
Cam- 2w3 as well, in a different way. I think Cam is an ENFP while Gloria is an ESFJ, so while they share an enneagram type they are quite different. Thinking about it, he might be 7w6?
Lily- lmao she's a little young I think. 8?
Claire- 1w2.
Phil- agreed on 6w7, perhaps 7w6.
Haley- I think 3w2 makes sense.
Alex- maybe 5w6, but I think she could be 3w4 as well.
Luke- yeah 7w8 :D

Andy.. Gosh, maybe 9w1? 2w1?

Yeah with Lily I'm just throwing it out there. But I wouldn't rule 8 out she's strong.

Cam- I don't know if I have typed him as an ENFP in the past but that makes sense. He

Mitchell I do see him as some kind of 6,1 and 3 in his tritype for certain what order is what I'm not sure about.

Gloria -early on I thought she was a 2w3 it's only later I started to doubt that .But do you think there is 8 in there?

Jay- I agree it could be 9w8 or 8w9

Manny - That's what I like about him being a 4 he's seldom down

Claire -seems like a good example of a 1w2

Phil I could go either way too. 6w7 or 7w6

Luke-could he be anything but a 7w8?

Alex - I agree she could be a 5w6 or 3w4 I think she could have both in her tritype

9w1 or 2w1 for Andy is what I was thinking too.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,416 Posts
I'm not super great with enneagram, but:

JAY: 8w9 or 9w8
GLORIA: 3w2
MANDY: 4w3
PHIL: 6w7
CLAIRE: 1w?
HALEY: 7w6
ALEX: 5w?
LUKE: could be 6w?, like his father
MITCHELL: 1w?
CAM: 2w3

Reactions: penny lane

·
Registered
697 Posts
Revisiting this thread

Claire I almost sure is no Te dominate now.On the job I don't see much evidence of it. I'm also thinking of how she likes to get away from everyone at times. Something that would not be easy for her to do.

Reading the discussion on Alex's type again made me think about what age the different functions develop.

How soon so they develop beyond the dominate function? If the inferior function is underdeveloped early on when can you be sure of type?

·
Registered
ESTP
43 Posts
I only just got into this show, and have seen seasons 1-3 and 7, but here's a guess~

Jay: ISTP or ISTJ
? He's not a fan of change, but has an ISTP vibe to me for some reason.
Gloria: ESFJ
Manny: ENFJ (where is everyone getting the introvert from?)

Mitchell: ISTJ or INTJ
Cam: ENFP or ENFJ? It's the same with Marshall from HIMYM, I feel like they go back and forth.
Lily: ? No idea yet.

Claire: ESTJ (it's unreal how much she reminds me of my Mother, who's also an ESTJ )
Phil: ENFP
Haley: ESTP or ESFP? (relatable af)
Alex: INTJ
Luke: ENTP

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,575 Posts
Jay - ISTJ
Manny - ESFJ
Gloria - ENFJ

Phil - ESFP
Claire - ESTJ
Alex - ISFJ
Hailey - ESTP
Luke - ENTP

Mitchell - ISTJ
Came - ENFP
(Mitch and Cam are essentially reincarnated versions of Will and Jack)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here are my typings:

Jay - ESTJ 8w9
I really don't see Ni - he wants things to do in the way he is used to, he gets motivation from concrete things, not ideas. In Enneagram, he is the archetype of an Eight.
Gloria - ESFJ 3w2
She is very invested in other people's lives and cares a lot what others think of her (Fe).
Manny - INFP 9w1
The typical INFP dreamer. I'm not sure about Enneagram, but this seemed the best option. Could also be Four.

Phil - ENFP 9
This guy's full of Ne.
Claire - ESTJ 3w2 (or 1w2)
She has a strong urge to control every thing around her. Also very goal-driven.
Haley - ESFP 7w8
She seems very caught up in the moment (Se)
Alex - INTJ 1w9
I'm fully convinced of her Enneagram. No other type would put so much pressure on herself. She's also very goal driven. She might be ISTJ instead of INTJ, not sure.
Luke - ESTP 7w8
His desire to have to try everything leads me to Se.

Mitchell - ISTJ 6w5
I'm so sure he's a Six. He is practically the embodiment of 'the Sceptic'.
Cameron - ESFP 7
I'm sure he's not a Two. He does things for his own enjoyment. Both Sevens and Twos enjoy helping people. But if a Two doesn't feel good, he would hide it and keep helping others. A Seven would clearly show it.
Lily - a young 4w3 ? ISFP?

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,575 Posts
I'm switching Gloria and Manny around. I think he's ENFJ and she's ESFJ.

Manny has that very expressive ''Everyone should be themselves and follow their dreams'' mentality which I associate strongly with NFJs. NFPs will think that but ultimately won't care about what others do and how they react, so long as no one tramples on them.

Plus, he reacts to Jay's constant criticism very well, hearing him out, taking it in stride etc. Fi would go absolutely nuts or would just ignore him.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm switching Gloria and Manny around. I think he's ENFJ and she's ESFJ.

Manny has that very expressive ''Everyone should be themselves and follow their dreams'' mentality which I associate strongly with NFJs. NFPs will think that but ultimately won't care about what others do and how they react, so long as no one tramples on them.

Plus, he reacts to Jay's constant criticism very well, hearing him out, taking it in stride etc. Fi would go absolutely nuts or would just ignore him.
I absolutely agree with Gloria as ESFP. But I think Manny is more likely to be introverted. I typed him as INFP, but maybe INFJ would work us well. INFJ children are described as little adults, which suits Manny perfectly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree Manny deals with Jay like no one else . He is so good at it. I also think he does well better with people not in his age group ( something I relate too ) how pointed out to Gloria she could be jealous of Jay and the waiteress is another example of his observations and ability to express himself well.I will say ENFJ
The typings for Phil and Cam I am on the fence with . Not that I don't see the reasoning but both are always in need of external approval. I have the same conflict with myself , relating to Fi but also seeing enough Fe there. Enneagram for both could be the reason but I'm not sure.
Alex - not sure
Lily - INFP or maybe ISTJ? Not sure
Claire ISTJ - seems less of a Te dominate especially since she when back to work maybe even ISFJ? She tries to fit in and help more than take charge. She does better with what she knows and expected past behavior than actually reading people.

Gloria ESFP. I use to think ESFJ Maybe the writing for her changed or I see her differently.

Haley ESTP good at using people and situations to her advantage .

Luke ENTP

Mitchell ISTJ / ISFJ? Go back and forth

Jay ESTJ / ISTJ

·
Registered
124 Posts
Could Phil be a 9w1 ? He avoids conflict until he can't hide his feelings any longer.

Claire 1w2 , maybe a 6w7 in there . I think she and Mitchell are more similar than different

Alex 3w4 she has to succeed

Luke 7w8

Haley 3w2

Mitchell 6w5

Cam 7w6

Lily 4w3 maybe? Or 3w4 I know she is young

Manny 4w3

Gloria 2w3 or 3w2

Jay 8w9 could be 9w8

·
Registered
240 Posts
@Jane Lane
I like your typings. Thanks for typing Lily 3w4/4w3, Mitchell 6w5 and Phil 9w1, I couldn't agree more.

But I think Alex and Claire should be switched, with Alex being a One and Claire being a Three. Alex always imposes such high standards for herself to the point of not taking care of herself and is completely insensitive to admiration; she does this for herself. I'd rather see a One do this than a Three.
As for Alex's mbti I think definitely IxTJ. I'd bet INTJ.

Gloria seems more 3w2 and Jay more 8w9 imo. Jay is such a typical example of an Eight. He also seems Te-dom.

Why 4w3 for Manny and not 4w5?

Have you considered ISFP for Lily? I felt like that fits her best. And I think Mitchell is an ISTJ - he is always concerned with work and goals, and forgets to maintain his personal relationships unless reminded. But a Si-dom for sure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I could see switching Claire and Alex .Again I think they may have each have the 1 and 3 in the stack . They have not focused as much on how similar Claire and Alex are recently.

Gloria 3w2 is very possible the whole 2w3 or 3w2 is one of the hardest for me to determine when trying to decide.

Jay has mellowed out in way so it's easy to go with 9w8 but I think 8w9 is right

Manny is a 4, he has to be! 4w5 may be as that one is even more about individuality .

Lily at such a young age is another individual like Manny but whether she is more of a 4w3 or 3w4 I'm still considering .I had not thought about ISFP but it could be . She is Fi and possibly more Se than Ne. Now that you mention it.

Mitchell seem so 6w5 ISTJ or ISFJ is likely . Given how he deals with things compared to Cam I would lean Te.

I know the usual typing for Phil is 6w7 or 7w6 and I understand why but to me he screams 9w1. You are looking for peace it doesn't mean it's always possible .He also seems concerned about loss and separation , that can come across as 6ish .His desire to avoid conflict and will go about in at times a painful way is something I can relate to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In my opinion:

Jay - ISTJ, serious, focused, down to earth
Gloria - ESFJ, practical, sensitive, popular with a strong community based moral code
Manny - definitely an INFJ (my best friend is an INFJ and is like Manny) and remember that Manny is no an extroverted and "normal" person (Gloria tryes to encourage him to do sports and make friends but he preferes making cakes with the misfits...)
Claire - ESTJ because she loves controlling everything
Phil - a clear ENFP... Claire always says he is another child and his F is veeeery strong! very sweet and considerate, in fact I like him and I'm a F too (as an INFP I'm not very attracted to T people :S)
Haley - ESTP is a Claire in progress but more relaxed...
Alex - INTJ, analytical, practical,"mastermind," Big Bang Theory girl
Luke - ISTP, spontaneus and rational... it's the type of Harrison Ford, not big fans of theory, "the crafting" (also, Luke is always "constructing" new and rare things)
Mitchell - ISTJ, like Jay but in gay!
Cam - ENFJ, very emotional, he is a leader and well concerned about people feelings... but very stubborn too
Lily - INTP, I have a friend like her! It's very quiet and zero emotional and her logical comments are epic XD, the INTP are brilliant

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,575 Posts
Gloria is such an open book that she throws it in people's faces. I really don't understand why she's typed as ESFP where emotions are more private and bottled up (Fi), she's essentially the antithesis of that a.k.a Dominant Fe. She's extremely family-focused and harmony-seeking, that's FJ, not FP. If she was FP she'd be more independent ''live and let live'' which is clearly not not her thing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I am back to ESFJ for Gloria ,after watching a handful of episodes recently she is an FJ and so is Cameron. Gloria is the ESFJ and Cam is the ENFJ.
Haley definitely uses Fe .

81 - 100 of 107 Posts