Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mom faces jail for secretly recording daughter’s bullies

https://nypost.com/2017/11/28/mom-faces-jail-for-secretly-recording-daughters-bullies/

By*Jackie Salo

November 28, 2017 | 6:52pm

A Virginia mom could end up behind bars after sending her daughter to school with an audio recorder to catch her bullies, according to reports.

Sarah Sims, 47, claimed she was forced to take matters into her own hands when the school didn’t act on her complaints about bullies tormenting her child,*CNN reported.

“She became very anxious about attending,” Sims told CNN.

The mom, who is a full-time college student, said that she put the audio recorder in her daughter’s backpack because she doesn’t “always get the opportunity to be on the premises.”

But officials at Ocean View Elementary School, where her daughter is in fourth grade, found and confiscated the device from her desk.

Now, Sims has been slapped with felony charges of intercepting wire, electronic or oral communications. She also faces a misdemeanor charge for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

“I was appalled when I heard these charges,” Sims’ attorney Kristin Paulding told CNN. “I was shocked to see that the school would decide to go to the police department and ultimately charge this mother as opposed to sitting her down and having just a simple conversation about what were her concerns and how could the school alleviate those concerns.”

If convicted of the felony charge, Sims faces up to five years in prison, according to CNN. She is scheduled to appear next in court Jan. 18.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sidhe Draoi

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There don't seem to be enough details for me to pass an opinion, but 5 years prison? Around here, people charged with armed assault or physicalviolence are kicked out before fulfilling a sentence due to lack of space.

Personally, I rather have a person who failed to get away with such a simple crime (offense?) out on the streets than the people who thought stabbing a human being wasn't a punishable offense if they were "provoked." (And ultimately wasn't, because of "no space".)

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
This is why the so-called modern 'legal rational system' is so lacking in common sense and corrupt. I see this and know why I've been right that we live in a society that rewards and venerates 'evil' as superior? It tries to intimidate anybody who tries to fight boldly in the name of good into compliance while rewarding or protecting those who do it in the name of evil, and giving them more rights.

Good and evil are very real, if humanity did not have the instinct that allowed them to recognize evil on an individual level and retaliate then they would have very quickly died off. Those who genuinely are evil have to try and evade it in order to be successful, mostly hiding behind excuses like 'might is right' and more while trying to market it.

I heard of somebody's son who got bashed when exiting a bus somewhere, people who have those situations should really buy a tactical pen or something. Seriously, why do those who run our system insist on hunting down and punishing the archetypes(mindsets) of people who historically have culled the numbers of those who are evil by fighting them rigorously throughout history? "No heroes allowed?"

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There don't seem to be enough details for me to pass an opinion, but 5 years prison? Around here, people charged with armed assault or physicalviolence are kicked out before fulfilling a sentence due to lack of space.

Personally, I rather have a person who failed to get away with such a simple crime (offense?) out on the streets than the people who thought stabbing a human being wasn't a punishable offense if they were "provoked." (And ultimately wasn't, because of "no space".)
Yeah the law here is quite perplexing...However since the case is brought to the public I highly doubt she will be sentence for 5 years.
A convicted rapist gets a minimum of 3 years in California

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Why am I not surprised... :rolleyes:

Screw the school systems. Homeschool your kids as much as possible. "Education" today is more a dumbing down and degradation of moral values than anything. Just imagine what effect this situation would have on the daughter. Either way, she'd be scarred for life.

5,146 Posts
Why am I not surprised... :rolleyes:

Screw the school systems. Homeschool your kids as much as possible. "Education" today is more a dumbing down and degradation of moral values than anything. Just imagine what effect this situation would have on the daughter. Either way, she'd be scarred for life.
Yeah. Schools are basically prisons for kids. It's not just today. Schools are simply a bad idea.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Welcome to the struggle, brother.
I wonder what's your opinion on why our society or schools feel they absolutely must crush those who have that 'fight the bad guys' mindset? It seems that this same mindset is linked to things like union activism. The people with this mentality are kind of like that 'order of guardians being haunted that hold the keys' who defeated and sealed away a true evil long ago from threatening people in story writing then. The ones who gave us a society of good by culling the numbers of malicious people by retaliating when attacked?

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder what's your opinion on why our society or schools feel they absolutely must crush those who have that 'fight the bad guys' mindset? It seems that this same mindset is linked to things like union activism. The people with this mentality are kind of like that 'order of guardians being haunted that hold the keys' who defeated and sealed away a true evil long ago from threatening people in story writing then. The ones who gave us a society of good by culling the numbers of malicious people by retaliating when attacked?
The fact that this case got brought to the public eyes is a good thing ( horrible situation quite sure you're familiar with this situation a few years back

https://nypost.com/2014/02/23/film-details-teens-struggles-in-state-detention-in-payoff-scandal/

At least something will be done about it - I think that's the bright side to it. But yeah frightening how corrupted society is.
There are many areas around the US with great schools and child care system ( I'm from the bay area )

Reactions: Mick Travis

·
Banned
17,616 Posts
I wonder what's your opinion on why our society or schools feel they absolutely must crush those who have that 'fight the bad guys' mindset?
My mother was a respected high school English teacher. She had her own set of insecurities and perversions. So did her colleges. The teachers had childhood issues that would never be addressed, because they were ashamed to admit they had issues. They acted like they were kids given power. They were super seniors enforcing their personal views of reality, which were flawed due to their mental conditions. The teachers were inspiring and training flawed leaders in the classrooms. School is yet another institution run by “might makes right”.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
My mother was a respected high school English teacher. She had her own set of insecurities and perversions. So did her colleges. The teachers had childhood issues that would never be addressed, because they were ashamed to admit they had issues. They acted like they were kids given power. They were super seniors enforcing their personal views of reality, which were flawed due to their mental conditions. The teachers were inspiring and training flawed leaders in the classrooms. School is yet another institution run by “might makes right”.
So are people who 'fight back' against bad seen as like insurgents or those when they grow up who might stir up future rebellions/union action and the like?

·
Banned
17,616 Posts
So are people who 'fight back' against bad seen as like insurgents or those when they grow up who might stir up future rebellions/union action and the like?
I spoke up in high school. I allowed myself to be a free child. My mother told me that my example made the classes who came after mine impossible to rule. She was tersely upset about this.

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spoke up in high school. I allowed myself to be a free child. My mother told me that my example made the classes who came after mine impossible to rule. She was tersely upset about this.
If you want change do something about it. Props to you

Reactions: Mick Travis
1 - 14 of 14 Posts