Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, occasionally, I have moments (based on interactions, ways of thinking and analyzing, doing household chores) where I end up thinking, "wow, I'm such an INTJ, it's ridiculous."

Yesterday, it was prior to and during class.

I was filling my water bottle, and a girl I liked passed by. She tried to have a conversation, but I was thinking about Stata, so I essentially ignored her (I didn't want to come off cold, I was just tossing something REALLY interesting around in my head).

Then, I went to class, and this continued. People were trying to socialize with me, but I was basically researching "futures" (ex.: thinking about internships, future careers, etc). Then, during lecture, I raised my hand and stumped the professor with these super theoretical questions. I felt super efficient, almost robotic, and almost anti-social. The MBTI thought jumped in my head, "damn, you are soooo INTJ it hurts."

When are these moments for you?

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,703 Posts
They are on and off I guess.
Sometime I can remember being stereotype to the T.
Nowadays, I'm trying to become more "myself"
and having the whole Te balance thing as a guide helps a lot.

It is usually when I'm the most comfortable and relaxed.
That is also the time when other types find me very cold.
Like when I go into a flow state and just come up with one good thing after another.
It is always awkward to come back and find some disapproving NF,
telling me I'm a horrible person for being me.
That makes me wish to be a horrible person, just to teach them the difference.
Irony is that they will never get it.

Specific examples are more or less like you.
Trying to avoid socializing and feeling efficient while the rest of the world shakes its head.
Giving on point critique or questions that make the experts tremble.
I dunno how many experts I've embarrassed over the years.
I feel a lot of things are very obvious and are very annoyed when other people don't agree.
If I didn't know they where other types, I would have murdered someone by now.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I have moments like this when I catch myself systematizing the most mundane tasks. Simple things like the best way to arrange stuff in the fridge or the best way to stack dishes and bowls and which side of which cupboard to put them for maximum ergonomic efficiency and whatnot.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I was filling my water bottle, and a girl I liked passed by. She tried to have a conversation, but I was thinking about Stata, so I essentially ignored her.
haha, my intj did that to me. i was standing right in front of him when he walked by, i was going to wave but he just passed. i just let him pass and do his thing. i couple seconds later, he came back to say hi. i laughed and waved back.

Reactions: ewdenore and Q2112

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
i've really seen it these past couple weeks. all the tizzy and the turmoil and it's not that i'm not feeling it. it's that i can't NOT slice the razor through all the emotion and persiflage all around me.

i'm not coldblooded about it, at all. i've lost five or six pounds in ten days and i'm boring myself to the end of my rope with my own obsession with it. so people who dare to suggest i'm an emo-retard repressing my feels are bucking a poke in the eye. it's neither of those. this IS the way that i honour and fix all those feels. i do stuff.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
One intj once told me this:

When bad ppl see me, they get nervous and intimidated, while when good ppl see me I cant get rid of them.

I think its a pretty good one. If you are bad intentioned, better just piss off voluntarely. Or youll know what defines unvoluntary in a nanosecond

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are on and off I guess.
Sometime I can remember being stereotype to the T.
Nowadays, I'm trying to become more "myself"
and having the whole Te balance thing as a guide helps a lot.

It is usually when I'm the most comfortable and relaxed.
That is also the time when other types find me very cold.
Like when I go into a flow state and just come up with one good thing after another.
It is always awkward to come back and find some disapproving NF,
telling me I'm a horrible person for being me.
That makes me wish to be a horrible person, just to teach them the difference.
Irony is that they will never get it.

Specific examples are more or less like you.
Trying to avoid socializing and feeling efficient while the rest of the world shakes its head.
Giving on point critique or questions that make the experts tremble.
I dunno how many experts I've embarrassed over the years.
I feel a lot of things are very obvious and are very annoyed when other people don't agree.
If I didn't know they where other types, I would have murdered someone by now.
Amen

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, occasionally, I have moments (based on interactions, ways of thinking and analyzing, doing household chores) where I end up thinking, "wow, I'm such an INTJ, it's ridiculous."

Yesterday, it was prior to and during class.

I was filling my water bottle, and a girl I liked passed by. She tried to have a conversation, but I was thinking about Stata, so I essentially ignored her (I didn't want to come off cold, I was just tossing something REALLY interesting around in my head).

Then, I went to class, and this continued. People were trying to socialize with me, but I was basically researching "futures" (ex.: thinking about internships, future careers, etc). Then, during lecture, I raised my hand and stumped the professor with these super theoretical questions. I felt super efficient, almost robotic, and almost anti-social. The MBTI thought jumped in my head, "damn, you are soooo INTJ it hurts."

When are these moments for you?
I'm married to a wonderful wife. However...she is an ESFP and has ADHD.... "SQUIRREL!!!"

A INTJ deep in thought analyzing who knows what...... and then........from my wife "SQUIRREL!!! Look over there OMG it's so beautiful.... can we get a dog?... I think we made the wrong decision 10 years."

When this happens I just freeze and hold on while I analyze everything she just said trying to find SOME bit of logic or direction she is going in and what started her up on this. I try to sum up my previous deep thought and put it away so I don't forget what I was thinking ( I have terrible short-term memory but excellent long term memory). THEN ok, how should I respond to her? Does she want me to respond? Will she be angry if I don't respond....OMG just shoot me

We've been married for 30 years. :)

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,703 Posts
It is always interesting to be qouted like this.
I in many ways stand by the general sentiment of the post.
But I might have to change some details if I wrote it today.
Time passes and things shift somewhat.
A lot can happen to ones worldview in 6 months.

I still hold that NFs can never grasp my motives.
But being less depressed and more stable,
I don't have the same air of desperate,
"push me one more inch and you will be sorry" about me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is always interesting to be qouted like this.
I in many ways stand by the general sentiment of the post.
But I might have to change some details if I wrote it today.
Time passes and things shift somewhat.
A lot can happen to ones worldview in 6 months.

I still hold that NFs can never grasp my motives.
But being less depressed and more stable,
I don't have the same air of desperate,
"push me one more inch and you will be sorry" about me.
How did you get to the point you are at now?

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,703 Posts
How did you get to the point you are at now?
Well there are multiple perspectives I could put weight on.
But throwing a couple of NFPs out of my life
and getting a better feel for the complexity of type, factors heavily.
All too broad for this format and the time available to write.

If you are really curious you can dig into my past posts,
there is much information there.
Some things I rather just forget, some things I'm proud about, and other stuff that are just meh...

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 xII-Ne
2,615 Posts
When I can't string my words together properly, am terrible at arguing and hate debating, cry easily over stupid things, have a stash of stuffed animals I love to hug, and over-obsess over what people think about me.

Those are the moments I pause, look up, have an epiphany, and scream "CRIKEY! I'M NOT A TE-USER OF ANY SORT NOR COULD I EVER BE!"

Oh wait... That's the complete opposite of this thread.

Reactions: Inveniet

·
Registered
9 Posts
1. Whenever people are being overly dramatic and I just ask myself "Why make such a big deal out of this, when there are other important things to spend your energy on?"

2. "I wanna go home and relax alone, because I'm so tired in my head right now...".

3. When cooking and I notice how I try to plan everything out so it all lines up and is finished at the same time.

4. I don't know how to help / explain my personal views, without feeling like the person didn't really get the point.

5. "Why do I seem to be the only person in this world that cares about how it all works and would like to learn more about it, instead of just existing?"

6. "You have very uncommon interests, that's cool, tell me more!"

7. "Why do people get so easily offended?"

8. "Should I keep throwing more examples of when I see I'm an INTJ because I know of more? On the other hand I should probaly stop here, to keep it short."

:)

·
Banned
601 Posts
I have moments like this when I catch myself systematizing the most mundane tasks. Simple things like the best way to arrange stuff in the fridge or the best way to stack dishes and bowls and which side of which cupboard to put them for maximum ergonomic efficiency and whatnot.
Some things never do change. +1 for taking the words out of the proverbial mouth. Very much agreeable, and relatable.

·
Banned
601 Posts
Double-posting.

I am uncertain to whether any other INTJ's can relate to this, but I personally dislike it when I post something that isn't original and of note. There has to be a sense of satisfaction involved to everything I write - that I have written something of note, something that offers a new perspective on things, somethings that is original and has to "stand-out" as it were, the commas, paragraphs, word choice has to be perfect, to writing in a certain pleasing symmetry. As a general observation, I may edit my posts at least 10 times to match those expectations.

When I feel I have not matched that standard, I could take hours to review what I wrote so it matches those expectations. If not then I tend to feel immensely dissatisfied that I have not reached that standard, until I can correct it.

Another instance when you don't realize you overthought a concept until you have 10-20 people telling you at once that you did.

·
Registered
275 Posts
+1 Efficient kitchens. Systematic work flow. Order.

Do I need to be arrogant to be an INTJ? Or is it arrogant of me to think some of you are arrogant?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do I need to be arrogant to be an INTJ? Or is it arrogant of me to think some of you are arrogant?
I would think it's more of a *F* thing to dismiss someone as "arrogant" instead of pointing to flaws in their argumentation.

Personally, "arrogant" is not a word I would use to criticize anybody. Unless someone is stupid and arrogant - the combo I find difficult to bear. But "arrogance" in itself... What's wrong in someone being arrogant if the person is correct? I've never understood that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Oh. Scratch that comment. I accidentally cross-referenced from a different thread.

It was one of those "everybody else is stupid and I'm so smart" posts. I don't understand the need to point out one's superiority.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts