Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past: An INFP that matched the exact type description of a true INFp. I was the exact INFP. I was purely INFP.
The present: Suddenly an ENTP, testing twice with definite results of being ENFP.
The current present: Confused and sad. Being an INFp means a great outlook and aspect on life. So intuitive and constantly analyzing the place in this world, and the little details. The square peg in the round hole. I understood what it was like to be an INFp, because I was one. I knew what everyone was talking about. I knew what noob INFPs were going through. In the INFP forum, I was a square peg in a square hole.

When the sudden, but sure transition of the becoming of an ENTP came, i was so excited. My personality seemed to match that of an , but not exactly. When I came onto the forum, no one welcomed me (yet, I guess...) and I felt like I didn't fit in. A type of triangle peg trying to fit in a different tpe of triangular hole.

I suspect I still retain INFP traits, but my outershell and currently, my state of mind is being consumed by the ENTP-ness, leaving less and less of the INFp behind.

So here's the point:
Is there such a character that is a mix of ENTP and INFP???

·
Registered
122 Posts
So here's the point:
Is there such a character that is a mix of ENTP and INFP???
I'm of rather strong mind that the types are biologically discrete, so I would say no. As for your type, INFP might work.

Reactions: Sybyll

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Do you spend more time interpreting the world or thinking about what you should value and staying true to those values?

I actually know two people on this forum who have mixed themselves with INFP and ENTP before.

One of them is a moderator on here named Promethea who right now has her type set to unknown, but at one point, she was debating at one point whether she was an INFP or ENTP. I'm sure she could explain why she thought she was one or the other.

Calysco, another member on this forum is an ENTP. She used to type herself as INFP but I believe that was due to a low point in her life when she typed herself.

DanceMcCabre is another member of this forum who is now typed as ENFP, but she was in a similar situation as Calysco where life felt dark to her at one point.

So I think it is common for Ne users to feel like they might be an INFP when they start feeling very low for prolonged periods of time.

Which type do you think being makes you happier? It sounds like putting yourself under one label or the other is discouraging your development of who you really are.

Also, if you're relying on MBTI tests, those are inaccurate ways of determining your type. Think about how you interpret the world, what you consider when making decisions and whether or not you extravert or introvert your different modes of perceiving or judging.
Ex. I think about my own concrete perceptions in my mind, I make internal judgments using logic, but I extravert judgements based on feelings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts